PDA

View Full Version : Just got screwed again...

Neuromancer
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks to this crappy economy I just got notified that my trust fund will not be paying out for the second year in a row...there goes about 1/2 to 3/4 of my planned income for the year up in smoke (literally)...just when ya think it can't get any worse, guess again...it can...:(...I got chest pains just thinking about it...

DrDubzz
01-05-2010, 10:16 PM
that sucks man, dunno what to say except, sorry and I hope something works out for you

Da Klugs
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Maybe its a sign.. motivation to become a baker.

or at least make your own dough. :)

Sorry to hear of your decreased cash flow.

Skywalker
01-05-2010, 10:37 PM
That sucks!!!:bh

Neuromancer
01-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Ya know, normally I don't air this kind of stuff, but with the events of the last two years, Marie's illness and recovery and my illnesses, getting hit like this two years in a row is really getting to me...it's like if I don't tell something to someone my heads gonna explode...this is really getting to me...I didn't expect that when I finally reached my 60's my life would go to hell in a handbasket...thought I had everything pretty well covered and to loose so much because of outside forces really sucks...I just don't know which way to turn to try and get things unstuck...Marie and I were going to get married this year but now that's out (been living together for nine years)...and now I hafta worry what's gonna happen twelve months from now if there's not been a major recovery...how the hell do you start over again at age 63?

Savor the Stick
01-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I'll be praying for you Marc that you will get guidance from the Lord.:tu

Neuromancer
01-06-2010, 04:51 AM
I'll be praying for you Marc that you will get guidance from the Lord.:tu

I think I'm past that point...been up all night trying to figure out what I'm loosing this year and it's 3/4 of my income again...gonna be a real tight year around here...I mean I have some income and Marie's working but we really take a shot in the butt when I loose as much as I did this year and last too...it seems like the only god that pays any attention to me is the god of irony, as he sticks another needle in to see which way I'll jump...not much faith here on this end anymore...not how I thought my 60's would turn out...:(

longknocker
01-06-2010, 05:00 AM
I think I'm past that point...been up all night trying to figure out what I'm loosing this year and it's 3/4 of my income again...gonna be a real tight year around here...I mean I have some income and Marie's working but we really take a shot in the butt when I loose as much as I did this year and last too...it seems like the only god that pays any attention to me is the god of irony, as he sticks another needle in to see which way I'll jump...not much faith here on this end anymore...not how I thought my 60's would turn out...:(

Don't Give Up Hope, Brother. God Is Able, My Friend! Prayers Sent! We Are Always Here For You!:tu

acruce
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Sorry to hear that..

G G
01-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Sorry to hear brother.

Cigargal
01-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I feel your pain. I am in the same situation with a trust income(not a big one, but every little bit helps) It was cut in half last year and I haven't heard the status for this year yet. Working two jobs...actually two of the four jobs available in this town and I feel blessed that I have two of them...but they are pt and small pay. I think back to my 20's-this was in the 70's when unemployement was so high, I was out of a job for almost a year and I had to go home and live with my mother for two months after being evicted...ACK!! So I look back at how tough things were then and I know that things can get better now. Be patient, my friend, and trust in God, or your friends, or your family and it will get better.

blugill
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune brother.
I'll be praying for you and yours.

massphatness
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Cranking up the prayers, brother.

BigFrank
01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry to hear brother.

CBI_2
01-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear. Hang in there and prayers sent for you, all in similar situations and our country that things improve soon.

RevSmoke
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Will keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Cigary
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
It's been a rough year and a half for most everyone and it sounds like you're around my age. This may be small consolation but remember to let your accountant know about your losses so you can claim that on your taxes. We did that on ours and it made the difference about not having to pay any taxes which saved us a few thousand dollars. Get with your money people and get involved with where your money is going, how it's being handled. In this financial year it doesn't appear that being aggressive is the right road to go down. There can still be a financial gain in your portfolio but you may have to settle for 5% instead of what used to be. If your financial guy doesnt have a plan of action for you I'd see about finding a new one before he keeps losing more of your money. Just my 2 cents.

Neuromancer
01-07-2010, 05:18 AM
The trust fund doesn't quite work that way...we have no control over it whatsoever...we either get checks the first banking day of every new year or not...if it makes money it pays (which has been just about every year since 1990)...if it doesn't make enough to pay myself and my brothers because of the stock market and the economy (like 2008-9 & 2009-10) the we're just s.o.l...unfortunately it's about 3/4 of my yearly income and where most of my disposable income comes from...as far as the tax guys, it's not taxable so that doesn't do a damn thing for me either when filing taxes...it's tied up and entertwined with all sorts of other investments our father made and the bottom line is it either pays or it doesn't...it's just a crock that just when you think you have yourself covered for your so-called golden years (63) something comes along and takes ya down...it's hard to start over again at 63...:(

mosesbotbol
01-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Hang in there and you'll think of something to support your family. There are opportunities all over the place and this is a great time to start something new. Best of luck!

gettysburgfreak
01-07-2010, 07:03 AM
keep your head up, things usually work out for good people. After I got out of college it took me a year and a half before I finally found a job that I could call a career. I had to work for 8 bucks an hour at a sporting goods store.

Scottw
01-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Maybe its a sign.. motivation to become a baker.

or at least make your own dough. :)

Sorry to hear of your decreased cash flow.

:tpd::tpd: I want me a trust fund. :(

Neuromancer
01-07-2010, 12:43 PM
:tpd::tpd: I want me a trust fund. :(
Not when it doesn't pay out, you don't...especially if you depend on it as regular income and not just disposable income...

marge796
01-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Sorry Marc, that sucks!!!

Chris.....

Commander Quan
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Hopefully things turn around for you this year, but in the mean time (http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0399144463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262895935&sr=8-1)

Neuromancer
01-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Hopefully things turn around for you this year, but in the mean time (http://www.amazon.com/Who-Moved-My-Cheese-Amazing/dp/0399144463/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262895935&sr=8-1)

They not only moved my cheese but they ate the whole freakin' lot of it...:rolleyes:

Ty Atkinson
01-07-2010, 11:30 PM

Lets hope the market continues the upward swing and you get back to normal in 2011, know that doenst help this year but ill be thinking about you as the year goes on.

As for the book above maybe a fellow dave ramsey listener?