PDA

View Full Version : XIKAR Ex Lighter Not Working - Warranty???

alpha8a
01-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi all, I just received a XIKAR Ex lighter from my GF for Christmas and it was working fine up until a day or so ago. Whenever I push the button down, it no longer lights up. It will in maybe 1 or 2 out of every 10 times I push the button. Has anybody had experience with Xikar lighters and their warranty? Do I have to mail it back to Xikar directly or can I just have it swapped out at my local B&M?

NCRadioMan
01-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Take it back to the b&m it was bought from and they should replace it. The Xikar warranty is very sound and reliable.

Pilon
01-05-2010, 12:07 AM
most B&Ms should just swap it.

druturn
01-05-2010, 12:51 AM
Before taking that sucker back make sure that you are using it properly! Completely empty the tank by taking a pen or something and depressing the fill valve until you no longer hear hissing then refill it with high quality butane and wait a few minutes for it to warm up and it should work like a champ. Most problems with lighters are due to user error, Xikar makes great products and provides an even better warranty. If my advice doesn't work, go ahead and take it back to the B&M to get it replaced. Every lighter you own will one day run into this problem but it can be easily fixed!

rmoreno@xikar
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
XIKAR has a lifetime guarantee on all products; cutter, lighters and accessories. All three responses are completely dead on! Retailer should replace it at no charge, empty the lighter and refill with XIKAR butane or send it to XIKAR...PO Box 025757, KansAs City ,MO 64102. Best thing to happen to cigars since fire....XIKAR

md4958
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
I had a problem with a Xikar Executive lighter. Sent it back, got a new one. The new one didnt work. Sent it back, got a 2nd new one. That one finally worked, but in the 3 weeks or so that I was without my Executive, I bought a Blazer. The Xikar customer service was good, but the lighter is still in the box.

alpha8a
01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Stopped by my local B&M today to see what they could do. They tried to fix the lighter but after being unsuccessful, they swapped the lighter out on the spot for a new one. Major props to XIKAR and my local B&M!!!