PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch the NBA anymore?

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
It seems like everywhere I go the NBA isnt a hot comodity. Whenever I get into a convorsation about basketball with someone, they always say college is better than NBA. Whats up with that? My favorite team is the Cavaliers. Anyone else watch NBA basketball?

The Poet
01-02-2010, 02:35 PM
I live in Joisey. Who would you watch - the Knocks or the Nyets?

Blueface
01-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I use to love the NBA. That was years ago, when they were real professionals playing the game.
I wish it could be the NBA of the 70's and 90's again with the likes of Frazier, Chmberlain and West and so many others we could truly idolize.
Today, it is a joke of overpaid thugs.

Giant & 49er Fan
01-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I watch it on FOX News. Recent episode...

Gilbert Arenas pulls gun on teamate.

Next week....

Gilbert goes to Rikers Island to assasinate Plaxico Burris.

qwerty1500
01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Also a Cav fan but NCAA is my favorite.

Blueface
01-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I use to love the NBA. That was years ago, when they were real professionals playing the game.
I wish it could be the NBA of the 70's and 90's again with the likes of Frazier, Chmberlain and West and so many others we could truly idolize.

BTW,
Just realized, typo.
Meant to say 70's and 80's.

hotreds
01-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Never did, never will. Watch some college around March.

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 03:07 PM

LoL im Russian so the Nyets is funny. But yea you dont really have much entertainment over there. Just curious are the tickets alot cheaper? what do they go for?

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Next week....

LMAO :r

icehog3
01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

I watched the NBA religiously as a kid, and idolized those guys along with Willis Reed, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, Bob Love, Chet Walker, Kareem, Dave DeBusschere, etc, etc, etc....

This is the reason I haven't given the NBA a second look since David Robinson retired. :2

Smokin Gator
01-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I watched the NBA religiously as a kid, and idolized those guys along with Willis Reed, Elgin Baylor, Pete Maravich, John Havlicek, Bob Love, Chet Walker, Kareem, Dave DeBusschere, etc, etc, etc....

This is the reason I haven't given the NBA a second look since David Robinson retired. :2

:tpd:

I really do miss it too, but I just can't watch today's NBA.

elderboy02
01-02-2010, 05:15 PM
I might watch the NBA around playoff time. My 2 favorite teams are: Orlando Magic (When I played basketball in grade school, I wore Shaq's number. I have loved the magic since 5th grade.) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron is a beast)

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I might watch the NBA around playoff time. My 2 favorite teams are: Orlando Magic (When I played basketball in grade school, I wore Shaq's number. I have loved the magic since 5th grade.) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (Lebron is a beast)

The downfall of the NBA playoffs is that its a 7 game series and loses the interest of the public. Not me though, the longer the season the better is how I see it. But I wasnt alive to witness the better days of chamberlain and ewing, bird, magic, and whatnot so I dont even know what im missing out on.

elderboy02
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
I remember the great matchup of the Magic vs. the Bulls. It was great watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq vs. Michael Jordan

When I was in 6th grade, my dad's buddy got us tickets to see the Magic vs. Bulls in Chicago. We had 5th row seats. I was the Magic fan obviously and they were the Bulls fans. Man, I will never forget that weekend.

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
I remember the great matchup of the Magic vs. the Bulls. It was great watching Penny Hardaway and Shaq vs. Michael Jordan

When I was in 6th grade, my dad's buddy got us tickets to see the Magic vs. Bulls in Chicago. We had 5th row seats. I was the Magic fan obviously and they were the Bulls fans. Man, I will never forget that weekend.

I know what you mean, I'm also a Raptors fan and we get seats in the way upper level, so theres more nutty people up there you would think. I was the only Raptor fan up there and I dont keep quiet to say the least. My friends actually tell me that Im the loudest person they've met, so lets just say me and the Bulls fans didnt get along too well lol. I couldnt imagine a playoff game though, I can see it getting physical then, because my experience was mighty close to getting physical. Haha im there to have a good time and these people are lookin to kill ya! :r

chippewastud79
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Go Clip Show! :tu

acruce
01-02-2010, 08:04 PM
NBA Finals only.

Adriftpanda
01-02-2010, 08:06 PM
Yup, big fan of NBA but bigger fan of college ball. Been a GSW fan since I was a kid.

gpugliese
01-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Not a fan at all. I'll watch NCAA early in the year into March Madness because the kids actually play like they give a damn.

MedicCook
01-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I am not a fan of basketball at all. Can't stand to watch it, especially the NBA.

s15driftking
01-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Born and raised Clevelander here holding season tickets.... needless to say, I watch NBA BBall... hard to believe,.... LBJ what (go browns too.... right)

Still a witness, after all the hype was proven.

Commander Quan
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Any sport where a team score 100 points is ridiculous. I have never had any interest in basketball at any level.

s15driftking
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Any sport where a team score 100 points is ridiculous. I have never had any interest in basketball at any level.

the physicallity of bsketball is amazing... then again, i am spoiled with LBJ.

icehog3
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
the physicallity of bsketball is amazing... then again, i am spoiled with LBJ.

Opinions vary. ;)

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Born and raised Clevelander here holding season tickets.... needless to say, I watch NBA BBall... hard to believe,.... LBJ what (go browns too.... right)

Still a witness, after all the hype was proven.

I really envy you for holding cavs season tickets! wow I could only imagine how nice that must be. How many home games per year do you usually attend? I got a friend who is a Bulls season ticket holder and they go to about half the games.

s15driftking
01-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I really envy you for holding cavs season tickets! wow I could only imagine how nice that must be. How many home games per year do you usually attend? I got a friend who is a Bulls season ticket holder and they go to about half the games.

yeah, i wont make it to more than 10 games this season. we sell quite a few to people who have never seen the phenom that is the Cavs.

Hog, i was simply saying that he is amazing to watch. By all means, opinions vary! Of couse! :tu

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
There is no arguement that LeBron is an exciting player to watch, love him or hate him.

Starscream
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Not knocking the NBA, but I don't watch it. Never have. I'll stick with baseball, football, NASCAR, and pro wrestling.

s15driftking
01-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Not knocking the NBA, but I don't watch it. Never have. I'll stick with baseball, football, NASCAR, and pro wrestling.

Even though they suck, i still watch the browns every sunday, either at the game or on TV!!! Cant be a front-runner when rooting for the browns, lol

yourchoice
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM

South of Trenton it would be the Sixers of course!

Oh, wait a minute. None of the above!

Starscream
01-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Even though they suck, i still watch the browns every sunday, either at the game or on TV!!! Cant be a front-runner when rooting for the browns, lol

I know the feeling. I pull for the Reds.:hn

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:32 PM

Im a big NASCAR fan myself, Kasey Kahne is my favorite. Whos your driver?

icehog3
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Hog, i was simply saying that he is amazing to watch. By all means, opinions vary! Of couse! :tu

No doubt Lebron is a force, Bobby.

My comment was aimed towards "the physicallity of bsketball is amazing". ;)

Starscream
01-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Im a big NASCAR fan myself, Kasey Kahne is my favorite. Whos your driver?

Not sure anymore. All the good ol' boys are gone. I pull for M. Waltrip, J. Gordon (sometimes), Jr., and any of the old boys who come back for a race or two, such as Bill Elliott and Sterling Marlin.

Other than Gordon, I don't seem to pull for many winners...:hn

cort
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/gwc4sc/20080107210520Los_Angeles_Lakers_lo.png

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Not sure anymore. All the good ol' boys are gone. I pull for M. Waltrip, J. Gordon (sometimes), Jr., and any of the old boys who come back for a race or two, such as Bill Elliott and Sterling Marlin.

Other than Gordon, I don't seem to pull for many winners...:hn

Didnt waltrip retire at the end of this year? or just semi retirement.. but i was just hoping you wouldnt say kyle busch.

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/gwc4sc/20080107210520Los_Angeles_Lakers_lo.png

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :td hahahaha only cause theyre too dam good. you see kobes buzzer beater last night?

icehog3
01-02-2010, 10:43 PM
I love sno-cones.

cort
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :td hahahaha only cause theyre too dam good. you see kobes buzzer beater last night?

You bet your a$$ I did!!!!!!! Been a fan even since I could walk. I saw Magic retire cause of his "disease" and I was a die hard Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Cedric Ceballos, Vlade fan back in the day and it just so happens that my boys are loaded this year. Should be a fun playoffs!!!!!

cort
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
I love sno-cones.

You would you Hockey playin fool

icehog3
01-02-2010, 10:47 PM
You would you Hockey playin fool

Guilty as charged. :)

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
You bet your a$$ I did!!!!!!! Been a fan even since I could walk. I saw Magic retire cause of his "disease" and I was a die hard Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Cedric Ceballos, Vlade fan back in the day and it just so happens that my boys are loaded this year. Should be a fun playoffs!!!!!

Oh I can respect that. In it thick and thin, not like alot of the fairweather fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when they spot a stacked team and just jump on their bandwagon. If Artest can refrain from falling down any more sets of stairs the Lakers are almost unbeatable.

Starscream
01-02-2010, 10:51 PM
but i was just hoping you wouldnt say kyle busch.

Anyone but Kyle. I love going to Darlington for the simple fact that I can holler obscenities and throw beer cans at him when he rides around on the back of the truck after driver introductions.

cort
01-02-2010, 10:54 PM
Guilty as charged. :)
That's no excuse:td

Oh I can respect that. In it thick and thin, not like alot of the fairweather fans that come crawling out of the woodwork when they spot a stacked team and just jump on their bandwagon. If Artest can refrain from falling down any more sets of stairs the Lakers are almost unbeatable.

Ya it's tough being a SoCal born and raised guy. I have to deal with all the bandwagoners in Basketball and USC Football.(We'll except for this year , we might have dropped a few fans) It's all good, what can you do?

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:57 PM
Anyone but Kyle. I love going to Darlington for the simple fact that I can holler obscenities and throw beer cans at him when he rides around on the back of the truck after driver introductions.

People actually throw junk at him? lol I scream at him no matter what the track is but Id like to get in on this can throwing.... lol

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 10:58 PM
That's no excuse:td

Ya it's tough being a SoCal born and raised guy. I have to deal with all the bandwagoners in Basketball and USC Football.(We'll except for this year , we might have dropped a few fans) It's all good, what can you do?

Well you could always beat them off your bandwagon with a flaming torch, but I dont know if thats even legal these days.

icehog3
01-02-2010, 10:59 PM
I like chili cheese dogs with onions.

cort
01-02-2010, 11:01 PM

I prefer Bratwurst with Saurkraut:D:D

icehog3
01-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I prefer Bratwurst with Saurkraut:D:D

That's good too, Gary. I will have 3 of each, please.

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 11:12 PM
saurkraut... havent had that in too long.

icehog3
01-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Chili cheese saurkraut herf while we watch nascar, play basketball and crochet some mufflers!!

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Chili cheese saurkraut herf while we watch nascar, play basketball and crochet some mufflers!!

Hahahahahah have you been abusing your signature tonight by any chance? Bottoms up!

Starscream
01-02-2010, 11:16 PM
People actually throw junk at him? lol I scream at him no matter what the track is but Id like to get in on this can throwing.... lol
Welcome to the Carolinas, Pauly.:tu

Sorry for contributing in turning this into another banter thread, Admiral.:)

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Welcome to the Carolinas, Pauly.:tu

I'm on the next bus! I know you guys love your Dale Jr. over there too, i can partake in that as well.

icehog3
01-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Hahahahahah have you been abusing your signature tonight by any chance? Bottoms up!

Never. ;)

You noticed that too, Andy? ;) :r

Starscream
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
You noticed that too, Andy? ;) :r

Shhhh...
Don't tell anybody.
;s

Pauly Walnuts
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
[QUOTE=icehog3;704865]Never. ;)

Hey me neither then! hahah :banger

cort
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
That's good too, Gary. I will have 3 of each, please.

That's what I'm talkin about:banger

icehog3
01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
That's what I'm talkin about:banger

Then I will order 6 for each of us. :)

chippewastud79
01-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Wow, I came to check on the NBA thread and a food and Nascar discussion broke out. :hm

Bruins Fan
01-03-2010, 04:39 AM
Not since the Bird, Magic era.

s15driftking
01-03-2010, 05:56 AM

GOT SPANKED by LBJ and the crew a week ago. WOOT

s15driftking
01-03-2010, 05:57 AM

Speaking of!!!

My boss gave me a pair of his Columbus Blue Jackets tickets on the night when they gave every PSL holder free food at any concession stand! I ate myself into oblivion!!!

kelmac07
01-03-2010, 08:11 AM
College basketball is much more exciting (to me).

CBI_2
01-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Next week....

:r:r:r

I stopped watching years ago when they let Rodman practically rape Shaq and then call Shaq with an offensive foul when he pulled his arm free from Rodman's grip.

shvictor
01-03-2010, 09:18 AM
GOT SPANKED by LBJ and the crew a week ago. WOOT

As A Lakers fan myself all I have to say is :tg

tobii3
01-03-2010, 10:16 AM
When the NBA Executives STOP making excuses for these immature thugs, then I MIGHT watch a game.

But when you actually look at the numbers and notice a disgusting fact that 2 out of 5 players in the NBA have Criminal Records, you lose ALL interest in what used to be a "sport" and has now become a "show".

blugill
01-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I enjoy watching when the playoffs start. It gets really interesting then.
What doesn't make sense is they play an entire season of games to eliminate half the teams.
I just enjoy playoff basketball!
Love me some March Madness too!

SIMPLIFIED
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I grew up in a town where we didn't have the NBA(Pittsburgh) and have moved around since. Had the pleasure of being in Chicago for MJ and his circus and got hooked. I live Cleveland now I tend to see just about every Cavaliers game but do not tune in until the playoffs for most of the other games.

hornitosmonster
01-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Does anyone watch the NBA anymore?

Love basketball but I rarely watch an NBA game.

Blueface
01-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Not
Basketball
Anymore
:r

The Poet
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
LoL im Russian so the Nyets is funny. But yea you dont really have much entertainment over there. Just curious are the tickets alot cheaper? what do they go for?

In 30+ years living 15 miles from the Meadowlands, I've been to 2 games - back in the '80s - so I really couldn't tell you precisely what tickets cost these days. I do know tickets there are not cheap, even though the team sucks big-time, and as for those Knyucks who play in MSG, they charge an arm and two legs for tickets.

But they will let you boo all you want.

GreekGodX
01-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Die-hard Pistons fan :tu

Maroussia
04-14-2010, 10:46 PM
It will be great to watch Cleveland Cavaliers, i have bought tickets from TicketFront.com looking forward to it.

willbreathes
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
(go Cavs)

thebayratt
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Don't care too much for basketball anymore. After the "dream team" was over, I lost alot of respect for the sport.... Travelling, I see it ALOT every game and it never gets called. It seems more showboating to me now more than anything. Alot of the players do have great skills, but some of the "skills" aren't what the sports all about to me... Im not a hater, just don't care too much anymore for it.