PDA

View Full Version : Humbling Moments

sikk50
12-31-2009, 12:36 AM
I recently came home for winter break, and found all of my co-workers have finaly started smoking cigars. They know I'm deep in at this point and wanted me to join them after work for a smoke by the lake but I had left my caddy and smokes at home. No problem one says and offeres to give me a cigar, I think smuggly to myself "oh boy here comes the beetle ridden curly head..."

To my humbling suprise he presents me with his "favorite" cigar, and AVO XO. Now I had seen AVO's but never really was interested, however this turned out to be a great smoke leaving me wanting to make an order!

So I got to thinking, have any of you ever been suprised and humbled by a "newb" introducing you to a cigar you wouldn't have tried yet loved?

Bax
12-31-2009, 02:12 AM
I think this would happen alot considering the amount of quality smokes floating around. I can't really think of a terrible smoke at my B&M that I've tried.

JE3146
12-31-2009, 03:15 AM
There's a group of my dad's friends I always make a habit of bringing nice smokes to. They enjoy cigars and aren't really too hardcore about it, so it's always a welcomed gesture.

I've been doing this for a few years now, and just recently at these events, they've been bringing me stuff. It's a fun change and some of the stuff they've given me has been quite good :)

wayner123
12-31-2009, 06:36 AM
This has happend quite a number of times in the Blind Taste Test thread here at at the old CS site. If you haven't tried it out, I suggest that you do.

The Postman
12-31-2009, 10:37 PM
I have not been handed a great cigar,l but through trades and PIF's in my years on different forums, I have recieved some very nice cigars that I would never have been able to purchase on my own. That is the best thing about this brotherhood, people share freely of advice, encouragement, and their precious cigars.

brigey57
01-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I recently came home for winter break, and found all of my co-workers have finaly started smoking cigars. They know I'm deep in at this point and wanted me to join them after work for a smoke by the lake but I had left my caddy and smokes at home. No problem one says and offeres to give me a cigar, I think smuggly to myself "oh boy here comes the beetle ridden curly head..."

To my humbling suprise he presents me with his "favorite" cigar, and AVO XO. Now I had seen AVO's but never really was interested, however this turned out to be a great smoke leaving me wanting to make an order!

So I got to thinking, have any of you ever been suprised and humbled by a "newb" introducing you to a cigar you wouldn't have tried yet loved?
I have been humbled many times by the generosity of cigar smokers both newbies and serious smokers. Yet I know that the smokers from this site who I've had the opportunity to HERF with are some of the nicest and best folks I have met.

"Never underestimate the generosity of a fellow cigar smoker."