PDA

View Full Version : UPS frustration

Tripnastic
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I wanted to share my frustration with people who can appreciate it-

My wife bought me a new end table humidor for Christmas. This bad boy here- http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/2672. It came a few days before Christmas, and being the wonderful humidor buying woman she is, let me have at it. As I unpacked the box I discovered to my horror that the glass top was not in place. The wood that should have been holding it up was floating freely in the drawer. Damn. I call Cuban Crafters, they get another sent out right away.

Today, the new one comes, SAME EXACT PROBLEM! :jd I call CC's again and they say that they're having a huge amount of complaints right now, especially with this particular humidor. UPS is not handling them correctly he says, and I totally believe him. Why? Because when the driver delivered it to my house he tried to end over end it to get it up my front porch stairs. I happened to look out, see him and rush the door screaming "It has a glass top!". So in summary UPS - 2, Me- 0. The new one should be here sometime next week.:dr

paris1129
12-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles! I have had my share of issues with both UPS and Fed-Ex, but in my experience UPS is MUCH better than the alternative.

md4958
12-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Dont forget that during the Christmas season UPS hires thousands of guys off the street to deliver packages. Go to youtube and search for UPS, youll get a sense of how gently these guys treat their deliveries.

cricky101
12-30-2009, 12:09 PM
I had a blu-ray player that was "lost" for two weeks by UPS and then without warning left (at the driver's discretion, I was told) on my front steps on Christmas Eve. Unfortunately I was out of town for 5 days and we received something like 15 inches of snow with periods of rain over that time span.

I now have a soggy Blu-Ray player.

roughrider
12-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I hate UPS. I think they played soccer with many of my packages. Some show up looking like accordions.

USPS all the way. Fast, affordable, and reliable. :usa

icehog3
12-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Welcome to our community.

paris1129
12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
I hate UPS. I think they played soccer with many of my packages. Some show up looking like accordions.

USPS all the way. Fast, affordable, and reliable. :usa

I like accordions. :tu

Tripnastic
12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Dont forget that during the Christmas season UPS hires thousands of guys off the street to deliver packages.

That's pretty much what Cuban Crafters said. They've been good through this whole thing.

Welcome to our community.

Thanks!

14holestogie
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
There's a few in every delivery service. My UPS guy is great, but I still prefer USPS for quicker and secure delivery. FedEx, however, I have little use for.

paris1129
12-30-2009, 03:37 PM
There's a few in every delivery service. My UPS guy is great, but I still prefer USPS for quicker and secure delivery. FedEx, however, I have little use for.

:tpd: It really is remarkable the difference between UPS and Fed-Ex. I pay extra for UPS if it is ever an option just to avoid Fed-Ex.

joeobx
12-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I like accordions.

and they sound so cooooool:D

FED-EX sucks......one thing I do is have UPS deliver the package to my work, you more likely to get a regular driver......much like your regular mail man

bigheadmark
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I wonder why you guys prefer UPS over Fed-ex??? can u guy share your experiences with fedex?
what about company with the yellow trucks?

Bubba - NJ
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
I also happen to prefer Ups over Fed-ex . Heres why - Fed-ex always , well 99% of the time requires a signature , the items I've had delivered that they wont leave and what they will leave . They left a brand new HP computer on my doorstep , no signature . Had to drive to the fed-ex distribution hub near by to sign for a bunch of travel brochures . Makes no sense whatsoever . My UPS girl is great , if she leaves something she hides it a bit so as not to see it from the street . As for USPS , I generally like them for package deliveries , as for my mail , I think my mailman hates me , totally . He puts any envelopes inside any magazines or circulars and then places them open side down so something always falls out on the ground . :confused:

punklife505
12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
DHL has yellow vans and recently I was tracking a package shipped to me through them, interestingly enough it was sent 1200 miles east of me and after 3 days of bouncing around they handed it off to USPS who had it to me 2 days later...mind boggling!

cigardan
12-31-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi, long time lurker; first post. I just bought the same humidor about a month ago and had a similar problem. The glass was in place, but one of the little wood strips underneath it was hanging loose on one side. I was able to remove the top drawer and push the wood back in place. So far it has held, and the humidity is just about rock solid at 63% with 65% heartfelt beads. They were pretty helpful on the phone, encouraged me to try the reapir, and said they'd replace the humidor if I broke anything while trying the fix.

Tripnastic
12-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi, long time lurker; first post. I just bought the same humidor about a month ago and had a similar problem. The glass was in place, but one of the little wood strips underneath it was hanging loose on one side. I was able to remove the top drawer and push the wood back in place. So far it has held, and the humidity is just about rock solid at 63% with 65% heartfelt beads. They were pretty helpful on the phone, encouraged me to try the reapir, and said they'd replace the humidor if I broke anything while trying the fix.

That's the exact problem I've been having. I was afraid to attempt a repair myself out of fear that I wouldn't get the seal tight enough to keep the the RH steady. I was also worried I would void some type of warranty by attempting self-repair. If no.3 shows up with the same problem I may have to do this.

cigardan
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
That's the exact problem I've been having. I was afraid to attempt a repair myself out of fear that I wouldn't get the seal tight enough to keep the the RH steady. I was also worried I would void some type of warranty by attempting self-repair. If no.3 shows up with the same problem I may have to do this.

Hi, Just call them first and make sure they agree to stand behind you if you break something. I forget who I spoke to (it may have been Alex). Btw, it was a bi%^h getting the drawer out.

stevieray
01-01-2010, 04:08 PM
FWIW.....If an item is packed properly to begin with, It should arrive at it's destination whether it's delivered by UPS, Fed EX or pony express. Far too often this is one of the shortcuts companies take to cut costs. Just my :2

St. Lou Stu
01-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Funny.... Packed Properly is the key here.

$10 says I know your driver..... I used to be a UPSer at Jeff Ave. and Earth City.

Tripnastic
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
It was 2 drivers the first time, man and a woman. Solo driver the second. I'm up in Florissant.

Tripnastic
01-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Sweet Jesus. It came and completely intact. I've got it seasoning and will get pics up when it's got something in it. :banger:ss:wo

St. Lou Stu
01-07-2010, 10:48 AM
Good thing it snowed today. Hard to roll a package in the snow. :D

ChasDen
01-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I also happen to prefer Ups over Fed-ex . Heres why - Fed-ex always , well 99% of the time requires a signature , the items I've had delivered that they wont leave and what they will leave . They left a brand new HP computer on my doorstep , no signature . Had to drive to the fed-ex distribution hub near by to sign for a bunch of travel brochures . Makes no sense whatsoever . My UPS girl is great , if she leaves something she hides it a bit so as not to see it from the street . As for USPS , I generally like them for package deliveries , as for my mail , I think my mailman hates me , totally . He puts any envelopes inside any magazines or circulars and then places them open side down so something always falls out on the ground . :confused:

That's not up to FedEx or UPS for that matter, its a choice the shipper selects. If the shipper does not choose a signature selection, the package is left in what they consider a safe place. All them do it now and for that reason I have started paying extra for the signature option when I ship my trays. Its a simple way to provide me and the consumer protection and proof the item was in fact received by someone at the destination. With out the sig, you could say you never got it and I have to go fight the carrier.

As a shipper, FedEx will get 100% of my business over UPS because the one time I did have a breakage issue, clearly their fault, they flat out told me on the phone the claim would likely be denied but feel free to file it anyways.

Nice call UPS, almost $750 dollars later in FedEx's pocket and I have never used you again. I even look for retailers that ship anything other than UPS when I purchase online.

Chas