PDA

View Full Version : Famous Cigar Smokers and Their Cigars

BlackDog
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I'm wondering if we can assemble a list of famous cigar smokers and the cigars they favored. For example, we all know that Winston Churchill smoked RyJ Julietta #2's, and JFK smoked Upmann Petit Coronas. Are there others you know of? It would befun to try some of these famous men's cigars.

I grew up near NYC, and I recall that there was a cigar shop that JFK had leased a locker from, and that they still maintained his locker even though Kennedy had long been dead. I can't recall which cigar shop it was, but they said they'd never sell his cigars. Anyone know which shop this may have been?

acarr
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
This is a great questions. I would love to know what Clint is always smoking in the spaghetti westerns.

stearns
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM
red auerbach smoked hoyo de monterray governors. always surprised me how a man who could afford just about anything smoked what many consider to be a budget cigar, even today

stearns

Waynegro1
10-27-2008, 01:28 PM
This is a great questions. I would love to know what Clint is always smoking in the spaghetti westerns.

Backwoods!! :r:r I have no idea.

acarr
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Backwoods!! :r:r I have no idea.

I don't think they are Backwoods...but they certainly look like it!

BlackDog
10-27-2008, 01:43 PM
I read something about Clint Eastwood's little cigars. Let me see if I can find it.

BlackDog
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
The referecne I was recalling simply said that he bought them in a store in Hollywood. Didn't name them. But other references I just found suggest they are Parodi or Toscanelli cigars. I don't know if this is accurate or not.

FriskyDingo
10-27-2008, 01:54 PM
The referecne I was recalling simply said that he bought them in a store in Hollywood. Didn't name them. But other references I just found suggest they are Parodi or Toscanelli cigars. I don't know if this is accurate or not.

:tpd: I have read that as well. I also heard he smoked Braniff #3's.

chippewastud79
10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Bill Cosby - Ashton Maduro No. 60
Jack Nicholson - Montecristo
George Burns - El Producto
Milton Berle - H. Upmann
Sammy Sosa - Opus X

GhostRyder
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I know Daniel Craig has a cigar habit. Apparently he likes cigars from that island.

http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=4108&catid=2

PS There is some language in the article.

jjirons69
10-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I know Daniel Craig has a cigar habit. Apparently he likes cigars from that island.

OMG!! Cigars can be habit forming!! I'm doomed! :D

Michael Jordan - HdM double corona before games