PDA

View Full Version : Bells palsy

jerseystepup
12-24-2009, 11:19 AM
So two days ago I woke up to find I had absolutly no feeling or usage of the left side of my face. Even though I'm only 27 first thought was a stroke. I rushed to the hospital and was diagnosed with bells palsy. So far I have no control or feeling of my left eye, nose, left side of mouth, taste buds on left side, etc. I've been researching a lot on the condition. But was wondering if any botl's out there have any PERSONAL experience with this. Thanks

acruce
12-24-2009, 11:28 AM
A co worker of mine has this . It seems to last a week or so and happens to him once every few years.I hope you get better soon.

floydpink
12-24-2009, 11:37 AM
My uncle suffered from Bells palsy and never regained full use of the right side of his face.

it did improve but there was a noticeable condition on his cheeks and jaw.

My prayers are with you.

jerseystepup
12-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks guys. I haven't smoked since it happened. I've been looking forward to my holiday smokes too. :(

hotreds
12-24-2009, 12:04 PM
My friend had this. It was very strange indeed to see him. It took several weeks, but he got better. He still has a slight droop on his eye and mouth. Every now and again-- seldom- he gets hit with it again. Alas, once you get it, you have it forever- but it is usually "dormant." Prayers out to you that it quickly goes away and you are able to light those "holiday smokes!"

icehog3
12-24-2009, 12:35 PM
My Mom had this when I was much younger. She actually made a complete recovery from it, so it isn't out of the question.

bazookajoe
12-24-2009, 01:04 PM
I have 2 friends who have had it. Both recovered completely, although it does return periodically for one of them it goes completely away each time. I recall that a cold blast to the face can bring it on in some people, while for others it just happens. Best to you and your family and I hope you get back to normal quickly.

RevSmoke
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Will keep you in my prayers that this passes quickly.

Ashcan Bill
12-24-2009, 01:52 PM
My brother in-law suffered it a number of years back and like others noted here, he made a full recovery. I'm not aware of him having any relapses since then. Good luck! :tu

Riff Raff
12-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Randy, I will definitely keep you in my prayers.

Have you been in a car accident where you were rear ended in the last couple of years? The reason I ask is that my wife had Bells Palsy that was caused by scar tissue that formed in the muscles at the base of her skull. We had been in a car accident a couple of years earlier and she was first diagnosed (with out the doctor even examining her) with a possible tumor. He immediately prescribed steroids for her. What a quack! Anyway, after getting a second opinion, she underwent massage therapy and was completely cured after two months. Now I am not saying that that is what will happen with you, but it is something to think about!

Know that you are in my prayers and God will see you through.

BTW, if you are ever in Prescott, AZ, do not, and I mean DO NOT see a neurologist by the name of Dr. Scott! :)

Peace be with you brother!

ChasDen
12-25-2009, 08:25 AM
My Mom had this when I was much younger. She actually made a complete recovery from it, so it isn't out of the question.

Same here.

My mom had it about 10 years ago, I think she still takes medication, I will ask her today when she is here.

Absolutely no noticeable signs 10 years later.

More after I talk to her today....

Chas

shilala
12-25-2009, 08:53 AM
My buddy Rodney has it. It used to be real bad up until a few months ago.
It seems to be tons better, and he doesn't have any issues aside from carrying a slobber rag.
He smokes, drinks, and his face really looks normal. It didn't though.
Prayers for your recovery, brother!!! :)

Starscream
12-25-2009, 08:57 AM
No personal experience with it, but thoughts and prayers sent.

baldanders
12-25-2009, 09:22 AM
My brother 1st had it in his early 30's took 2-3 weeks to clear up.Its happened a few times since then with the same 2-3 weeks recovery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

longknocker
12-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Thoughts & Prayers Sent, Brother. Like Others Have Stated Before, Some Patients Have No Ill Effects And Some Have Continuous Problems With This Ailment. Hopefully Yours Will Clear Up Quickly With No Ill Effects!:tu

jerseystepup
12-26-2009, 02:06 PM
thanks everyone for your wishes :) i suppose it could be ALOT worse right.. still coutning my blessings that im healthy.. couldnt quite enjoy a good smoke yest due to my taste buds being shot... oh well... thanks again everyone

Blueface
12-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I have a friend that suffers from it.
Can last a few days and has lasted as much as weeks at times.
Good luck and I hope it doesn't linger or return frequently for you.

mosesbotbol
12-26-2009, 04:51 PM
I am sorry to read this. I will hope for your speedy recovery.

Starscream
12-26-2009, 07:58 PM
I"m not sure if you're familiar with professional wrestling, but Google JR (Jim Ross). He is a survivor/p'wner of Bells Palsey. JR is the Man, and if he can survive BP, then anyone should be able to. Best of luck to you.