PDA

View Full Version : Gurkha Master Select Robusto #4

jjmitchem
12-24-2009, 10:19 AM
here goes my second review

this is for the Gurkha aster Select Robusto #4, a 6x52 cigar with a dark oily wrapper and a nice firm feel.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=468&pictureid=3415

I paired this last night with a Guinness Stout

Using a punch, this cigar lit nicely and had a nice draw. I prefer a draw not too loose and this one was perfect for me. The burn was immediately even and I had no burn issues what so ever.

The flavor was medium I would say, but I am still a rookie here, with a nice peppery tint. I found the flavor to be even throughout the entire burn with pepper being the prominent taste along with some earthy tones.

near the end, about an hour, I started to have a slight problem with some of the wrapper coming off where I was holding it. But I would have to say it was in my hand the entire time I was smoking it since we were out and I had no good place to rest it.

Over all I really enjoyed this cigar and will return to it in the future. I am enjoying trying new ones and working on picking out my "go to" cigar. This is up at the top of the list so far.

Jim

NCRadioMan
12-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Nice review, Jim. I think the Master Select series is the best of all the Gurkha's. And that would be a toro, not a robusto. :tu

pnoon
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM
And that would be a toro, not a robusto. :tu

Sorry, Greg. According to CI, the 6x52 is called a Robusto #4.

Yeah. I know. To you, me, and the rest of the world, it's a toro. But this is Gurkha we're talking about. :rolleyes:

NCRadioMan
12-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah. I know. To you, me, and the rest of the world, it's a toro. But this is Gurkha we're talking about. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, that is strange but like you said, it's Gurkha. :r I still refuse to call it a robusto. :D