PDA

View Full Version : Junk customer service at cheap humidors

cory
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey all,first post here and my reason for signing up.Just wanted to let people know that the service i got from Cheap Humidors.com was sub par.I ordered this bad boy here http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HUM-150SW.html ,received it today and was pretty excited since i had heard such great things about them.

Open it up and firstly notice the two front "legs" are smashed in and the stain is missing, and i think "wow thats gonna look super great....uh nowhere",so i open her up and notice one of the rectangular wooden "frames" for the humidifiers fell off,great craftsmanship.On top of all that i got charged 60$CAD C.O.D because they didnt send the item as a gift like they are supposed to.I call them up and i get this lady who offers me the choice of either having it picked up and a refund issued(im going to cuba sunday and coming back with three boxes so i sorta need a humidor) or giving me back some cash,15% to be exact.

I tried to haggle and get them to comprehend that i dont want a refund,i want a humidor that isnt damaged and i need it now so i can get it ready for when i get back.So my only real choice is a measly 15% refund and a humi that i have to re-stain and nail some small wood pieces .Who knows if whatever caused this damage caused some damage to the seal.

Anyways,long first post ,im just pissed and disapointed.Im not saying dont deal with Cheaphumidors.com ,just be weary.

bobarian
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
So are you mad that a vendor did not falsify importation documents so you could avoid Canadian Taxes?
Or are you mad because they offered to pick up the humidor and refund your money?
Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor?

SmokinApe
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Welcome aboard! You should post in the "New Inmate" forum and tell us a little about yourself...

krevo
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Nothing against you and these situations can be frustrating, but I would never buy humidor from a company with the word "cheap" in the name. If the quality isn't somewhat lacking, there's a chance something else is.

NCRadioMan
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Sounds like good customer service to me.

If you need a place to store smokes, use a clean cooler.

:2

captain53
12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Would not advise going around bosting you plan to make an illegal trip and bring back contraband products on a site you have never used before.

What is unacceptable about a full refund and buying another humidor somewhere else of your choice?

Bax
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM

By far the best and cost effective solution if not the prettiest.

NCRadioMan
12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Would not advise going around bosting you plan to make an illegal trip and bring back contraband products on a site you have never used before.

He's in Canada, eh. :D

NCRadioMan
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Nothing against you and these situations can be frustrating, but I would never buy humidor from a company with the word "cheap" in the name. If the quality isn't somewhat lacking, there's a chance something else is.

I've got three from them and couldn't be happier.

Tenor CS
12-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Was this a regular or "imperfect" model? There are lots of guys on here who have had very positive experiences with them, me included.

Starscream
12-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

Welcome to Cigar Asylum, though.:tu

kgoings
12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
So are you mad that a vendor did not falsify importation documents so you could avoid Canadian Taxes?
Or are you mad because they offered to pick up the humidor and refund your money?
Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor?

:tpd: Which one is it?

Whee
12-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Was this a regular or "imperfect" model? There are lots of guys on here who have had very positive experiences with them, me included.

I have one regular and one imperfect. Still don;t know what the imperfections was. Even bought three lighters off of them in the last week. No issues at all here.

maxnmisty435
12-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't usually reply to these sort of things, but I Have had nothing but great dealings with www.cheaphumidors.com. It seems to me that you should be mad at the shipping company for the damage. The offering of anything would be above and beyond what they should have to do.

SmokinApe
12-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I am feeling like a more detailed account of events is in order...

Whee
12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
CheapHumidors is a member here. I believe Dave has chimed in before to address issues.

DMK
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Did Canada Post deliver this or a courier?
Canada post is notorius for 'punting' packages....
File a claim through whoever delivered it.

bobarian
12-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response. Dave seems like a good guy and has made the offer to pick up and issue a credit. A new humidor could be ordered and delivered by the time Cory returns from his trip. If not the boxes could be temporarily stored in zip lock bags or a cooler. Damaged feet could have happened when shipped and the tops falling off the humidification devices is pretty common. :2

Resipsa
12-21-2009, 05:26 PM

I've got three from them and couldn't be happier.I've bought from them before, and have been very happy and satisfied.

.I call them up and i get this lady who offers me the choice of either having it picked up and a refund issued(im going to cuba sunday and coming back with three boxes so i sorta need a humidor) or giving me back some cash,15% to be exact.

I tried to haggle and get them to comprehend that i dont want a refund,i want a humidor that isnt damaged and i need it now so i can get it ready for when i get back.

Sounds to me they made an effort to make good. Sound customer services practices.

Out of curiousity, why did you try to haggle (your words) since you don't want a refund (your words).

Out of further curiousity, you want a humidor that isn't damaged (your words) and you need it now (your words).

What would you have her do? Drive to your house and repair the humdior herself??:r

pnoon
12-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Welcome aboard! You should post in the "New Inmate" forum and tell us a little about yourself...

Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response.

To me, that speaks volumes.

Blueface
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I have never had any problems with this vendor.
I think I have purchased two or three in the past.
Seems to me the vendor handled this professionally.
He didn't lie about what it was (gift) to avoid taxes.
He offered to refund.
He offered a discount on the damaged one.
Only thing that seems to be missing is an offer for a hooker to enjoy the smokes with but don't recall cheap humidors selling them.
Kind of weird one post, first post, to trash a vendor that seems to have acted as expected.

Savor the Stick
12-21-2009, 05:44 PM
A first post is NEVER the place to air problems dealing with a vendor....not exactly sure what the problem was???But as Peter said It spoke volumes:
1. Only post one time to trash a vendor.
2. Didn't stick around and post and intro.

Nice meeting you Cory!

:confused::confused::confused:

kydsid
12-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Only thing that seems to be missing is an offer for a hooker to enjoy the smokes with but don't recall cheap humidors selling them.

You have to go to their sister site: cheapwhores.com :r

Kreth
12-21-2009, 05:54 PM
You have to go to their sister site: cheapwhores.com :r
Redirects to puff.com... :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

G G
12-21-2009, 05:56 PM
:confused:

Starz26
12-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Redirects to puff.com... :confused:
Posted via Mobile Device

:rofl:

cory
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
"Didnt stick around" for a response?Cmon now,people have things to do.Look fellas,im not here to **** on any site,i never said to not deal with them,all i said was that i felt i got bad service and heres why.

Bobarian

Or are you mad because they only offered you a 15% refund if you chose to keep the humidor[QUOTE]

Honestly Bobarian ,yes i am,they admited to doing it for everyone else,why not me?Pick up the humidor and refund?I need a humi posta haste,thats not going to help me out.I put forward the suggestion of sending me another while i waited for mine to get picked up,no dice.15% refund for a product will still perform its intended purpose but is now considerably less aesthetically pleasing?Honestly ,no ,thats not enough.I simply cant afford to have it returned then have another with yet another charge come along,i budgeted for a certain amount spent on a humidor and thats all i have.

Next...

"captain53

What is unacceptable about a full refund and buying another humidor somewhere else of your choice?"

I have time constraints Cap,im leaving to go to Cuba sunday and will rtn the following sunday with some cigars i had planned to store in my new humi.Waiting for another humi isnt an option i would like to exercise.Given im not as experienced as some of you and didnt know i could store them in ziplock bags for very long.

"Bobarian

Doesnt look like Cory stuck around to introduce himself or wait for a response. Dave seems like a good guy and has made the offer to pick up and issue a credit. A new humidor could be ordered and delivered by the time Cory returns from his trip. If not the boxes could be temporarily stored in zip lock bags or a cooler. Damaged feet could have happened when shipped and the tops falling off the humidification devices is pretty common."

Jesus,are you this guys butt buddies or what?Anymore brown nosing and youll be livin in his pooper,jk.But really,i appreciate this offer that was never actually made...to me anyways...but i would like a humi now(have at er with the impatience jokes),i paid to have it this week and thats the point of this post,bad service,having one waiting for me when i return isnt good service.

And the last one...

"Resipsa

Sounds to me they made an effort to make good. Sound customer services practices.
Out of curiousity, why did you try to haggle (your words) since you don't want a refund (your words).
Out of further curiousity, you want a humidor that isn't damaged (your words) and you need it now (your words).
What would you have her do? Drive to your house and repair the humdior herself"

I "haggled" because i thought 15%was not fair,not terribly confusing is it?15%refund for something that disapoints me everytime i look at it?In my eyes thats not acceptable.What would i have her do?Easy,send me another one while im waiting,charge me for a second then refund me the humi that gets brought back,confused?Probly right?

Again guys,maybe this wasnt the best idea for a first post and maybe im being a big **itch but i feel kinda screwed.I didnt mean to sully Cheaphumidors.com,i shopped there precisely because of this site and its very good reviews of cheaphumidors.com.If my case is an exception then let this Dave person come forward,contact me and we can sort this out.

tobii3
12-21-2009, 06:10 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force......what is the sound of one thread closing??

cory
12-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Theres no need to close this,in not an argument,its a discussion

pnoon
12-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I sense a disturbance in the force......what is the sound of one thread closing??

Does this look like pvff.com to you? ;)

papajohn67
12-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Tough crowd tonight.

markem
12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. No matter how objective you try to be, it is always frustrating (to say the least!) to receive damaged goods.

But ... you knew this was coming ...

The main thing that you seem to be upset about is that the vendor's offer to pick up the damaged piece and ship you a replacement is inconvenient for you. It looks like you ordered in time for the piece to arrive before your trip, just as you planned, so no issue there. But mistakes sometimes happen and the vendor is not responsible to get you a replacement before your trip or otherwise account for issues out of their reasonable control. It it were me, I'd arrange to have the item picked up and a replacement shipped. You can use a borrowed cooler with a good seal for the time it takes to get a replacement. Coolers rock and I use one 100-qt cooler in addition to 3 vinotemps.

I feel for you bro 'cuz I've been there.

Alternately, you can send them pictures and suggest an amount that will make you happy to keep it. But as you said, you don't want to look at the damage, so I'm guessing that a replacement is the only way to make you whole.

Best of luck with this.

tobii3
12-21-2009, 06:36 PM
...refund for something that disapoints me everytime i look at it? In my eyes thats not acceptable.What would i have her do?Easy,send me another one

Ya know, I know a LOT of married guys that would like that sort of customer service.

:r

Starscream
12-21-2009, 06:37 PM
^^^
:r:r

I have time constraints Cap,im leaving to go to Cuba sunday and will rtn the following sunday with some cigars i had planned to store in my new humi.

Even if the humi arrived on time, you would still have to season and calibrate it, which takes some time. You can't just put cigars in it right away. The cooler advice is your best bet at this point until you get your humi replaced, set up, and ready.

St. Lou Stu
12-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Ya know, I know a LOT of married guys that would like that sort of customer service.

I like Tobii.:D

Blueface
12-21-2009, 06:43 PM
Again guys,maybe this wasnt the best idea for a first post and maybe im being a big **itch but i feel kinda screwed.I didnt mean to sully Cheaphumidors.com,i shopped there precisely because of this site and its very good reviews of cheaphumidors.com.If my case is an exception then let this Dave person come forward,contact me and we can sort this out.

Sit back and let's start over.

Understand what we saw.
A first and only post to complain and trash a vendor that most of us have had good experiences with.

Things happen. Unfortunately, you did not have a good experience.
Unfortunately, you needed it right away and the damaged one had to do.

There were other ways around this. You could have used a cooler. You could have used zip lock bags. On and on. By doing that, you could have gotten a refund or a new one sent to you. Instead, your frustration does not allow you to see the vendor acted fairly and did all he could do. A good reputation is hard to come by. A trashed one is even harder to overcome.

Hope that helps to clarify.

cory
12-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Your right Blueface,first post and i *****ed up a storm,apparently thats not on,but whats done is done and all i wanted was fair treatment.Like i said earlieri shopped at cheaphumidors precisely because of the rave reviews the site gets here,im sure its done well by many,just not this cat.

Blueface
12-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Your right Blueface,first post and i *****ed up a storm,apparently thats not on,but whats done is done and all i wanted was fair treatment.Like i said earlieri shopped at cheaphumidors precisely because of the rave reviews the site gets here,im sure its done well by many,just not this cat.

We have all done it.
Introduce yourself in the new member thread and welcome to CA.
It can only get better.:D

G G
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
We have all done it.
Sage advice.:tu

longknocker
12-21-2009, 07:29 PM

:tu Never Had A Problem, Myself, Either.

bobarian
12-21-2009, 07:36 PM
We have all done it.

:tpd:Short and sweet, well stated Carlos.

Cory, we all honestly want you to be a contributing member here. First posts can be forgotten. I know we all hope this gets resolved for you. :tu

Savor the Stick
12-21-2009, 07:40 PM

:r:r:r

Welcome to Cigar Asylum Cory!

It can only get better.....right?

Starz26
12-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Hell no, it would have gotten downright rude

Now that is some funny ****! :r:

cory
12-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Ye,i read that to my lady friend and she laughed.Thanks for letting me **itch it up a bit guys,just feelin pissed ya know

kzm007
12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Frankly, I'd be upset, too, but shipping anything into Canada worries me. I'm terrified of it going through customs and getting damaged in any way. And I must say, that's a nice humi. :tu

Tarks
12-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Wow, I'm pissed. cory may have gone about this the wrong way but come on guys. This is no way to welcome a new member.

And with all the P*FF comments. Ridiculous. Grow up.

pnoon
12-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I respectfully disagree, Jeff.

Many people here, myself included, were treated rather poorly at pvff.com. The dicktator there would close threads at the drop of a hat if he didn't like or agree with a person's opinion. That doesn't happen here.

For anyone here to take an occasional jab at pvff is understandable.

zmancbr
12-21-2009, 09:46 PM
I respectfully disagree, Jeff.

Many people here, myself included, were treated rather poorly at pvff.com. The dicktator there would close threads at the drop of a hat if he didn't like or agree with a person's opinion. That doesn't happen here.

For anyone here to take an occasional jab at pvff is understandable.

:tpd:

It got so bad that I couldn't even hang around that trash site to deal with the spam and try to find a topic layered in garbage...:r

On to this topic. Cory sorry to hear your experience wasn't all that you thought it would be. It sounds like you were offered several fair choices. I'm betting that they can't offer you more than 15% since they need to return the damaged product to get their money back. The 15% is probably most of their overhead and is prob the best they can do. I have ordered from them before and had nothing but great things to say!

Perhaps you can just use a clean cooler for now until you can return the humi and get a new one in better shape? That would really be an easy short term fix. I know you wanted a nice humi to show off your sticks, but $hit happens and its not the vendors fault that Canada can't ship a package to ya... (cheap shot I know...:D)

I hope it works out for ya! :tu

Tarks
12-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I understand the history and understand why many would dislike the Caputo/P*FF crap that took place but it is my opinion that airing dirty laundry in a public forum is not only disrespectful to active members of both Asylum and P*ff but it is also childish. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way here.

pnoon
12-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I understand the history and understand why many would dislike the Caputo/P*FF crap that took place but it is my opinion that airing dirty laundry in a public forum is not only disrespectful to active members of both Asylum and P*ff but it is childish. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way here.

I think there is a big difference between "airing dirty laundry" and an occasional jab at pvff. I guess if you hadn't experienced there what many of us have, I honestly wouldn't expect you to understand.

I honestly think, had you not made an issue of it, it would have been taken for what it was and everyone would have moved on.

I have no beef with you, Jeff. If you want to discuss it further, let's do so via PM. No need to do so publicly. We've both made our points.

cory
12-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Im not terribly sure what this PVFF is all about,ill assume a forum where patrons felt the mods were a bit fast to kibosh heated or opinionated talks?Well i appreciate that this thread was allowed to follow its course and normal discourse was able to take place:banger

Anyways,this thread has been beaten to death,thanks to all who posted constructive and intelligent advice.

Ranger_B
12-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Cory a simple search on how this place started will let you know. Long story short this isnt the only cigar forum. Now granted your beginnings here where shaky but you will see this is the most homely and in my opinion fair board you will find. Probably why you received some responses that I was unused to seeing. To echo others. Welcome

icehog3
12-21-2009, 10:44 PM
I've got three from them and couldn't be happier.

I bought two cabinet humidors from cheaphumidors...One had a slight problem, and they fixed it toot-sweet at their own expense. Great customer service for me. I am sorry your experience wasn't the same, Cory, but hopefully Dave will resolve it to both your satisfaction.

it is my opinion that airing dirty laundry in a public forum is not only disrespectful to active members of both Asylum and P*ff but it is also childish.

I chose not to air my dirty laundry when Caputo unceremoniously banned me from the site where I had given my time and energy for years as a moderator, and then sent me some grossly insulting e-mails because he didn't have the nuts to say what he wanted to say to me on their Forum. So you will have to excuse me for not getting my panties in a wad when someone throws a small barb at Pvff.com. No offense to you personally meant by this, Jeff, just struck a nerve with me.

Kreth
12-22-2009, 05:55 AM
...this is the most homely and in my opinion fair board you will find.
I'm guessing you meant homey, and weren't trying to call us a bunch of ugly bastages? :r
Posted via Mobile Device

Blueface
12-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Wow, I'm pissed. cory may have gone about this the wrong way but come on guys. This is no way to welcome a new member.

I understand the history and understand why many would dislike the Caputo/P*FF crap that took place but it is my opinion that airing dirty laundry in a public forum is not only disrespectful to active members of both Asylum and P*ff but it is also childish. I hope I am not the only one that feels this way here.

Jeff,
As I see it, you got upset for two reasons.

One, the way the OP was initially treated in this thread, being a new member. I think most understand what happened there. I think the OP now understands what happened there. That was all very evident by the time you posted initially. The OP seems well over it. The OP has been welcome by many. Not only is he welcome as a cigar member but I am sure I speak for many that welcome him with open arms for his service to our country as you likely know the way this forum feels about our servicemen and women. Seems you got pissed in his place for him, more so than he did, if he did at all.

Second, you can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't be upset at how a thread was treated when it in fact dealt with the very same subject you now state is disrepectful ------- airing dirty laundry.

Nothing that goes on here on CA can piss me off. The many I know in person through CA are friends. The many I don't know at all, well, I don't. Can't get upset at what someone I don't know writes and is not intended at me personally.

elderboy02
12-22-2009, 07:07 AM
My butt itches...

Tenor CS
12-22-2009, 07:09 AM
My butt itches...

They make a cream for that.

PS I like cake.

Blueface
12-22-2009, 07:09 AM
My butt itches...

This should help.:r

(and so, we digress and roll downhill)

BC-Axeman
12-22-2009, 07:58 AM
I like pie! ;)

CigarNut
12-22-2009, 08:02 AM
I just love this place!

I just read this whole thread and it covered quite the spectrum. This is an example of what makes CA great!

Thanks guys!

icehog3
12-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I really, really respect Che Guevera and all he did for Cuba.

Now are ya mad, Carlos? You know I'm full of chit, right? ;) :r

Starscream
12-22-2009, 08:05 AM
New banter thread!:wo:wo

TFULLERY
12-22-2009, 08:29 AM
:we way to make a impression :banger

shilala
12-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Welcome to CA, Cory!!!
I think you did a great job covering the whole deal, and explaining yourself.
My suggestion would to use temporary storgae, return the humi, and get one that suits you.
If you keep it, every time you look at it, you're going to be upset.
You can use ziplocks, a cooler, rubbermaid boxes, all sorts of temporary solutions to keep your cigars until your new humi comes.
I can understand the frustration because you planned, they promised, and it didn't happen.
All you can really do is hunt for the best possible solution, and they all suck, and they're all going to cost you extra time, frustration and money.
While cheaphumidors.com has been defended time and time again in this thread, and many brothers have had great results, I feel they definately dropped the ball on this one.
Unfortunately they can't possibly meet your needs at this point because your window is so small.
You'll just need to suck it up, readjust your plan, and when you're not so upset, you'll come to a resolution. I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to make you happy, but you're gonna have to create a reasonable opportunity for them to do that.
This stuff happens to me all the time when I try to get something done quick.
I try to plan way ahead now. Saves me tons of grief.
We kind of get used to this microwave world where everything happens at the speed of light, and forget there's a human component behind all the "fast".
People screw up. Doesn't mean they try to do it, and I don't think too many try to do it on purpose. :tu
Good luck with your resolution!!! :)

poker
12-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Personally I never had a bad experience with cheaphumidors. I have however had a bad experience at pvff. :)

shilala
12-22-2009, 08:33 AM
I have however had a bad experience at pvff. :)
Seems there's a lot of that. Maybe we should start a support group? ;)

Blueface
12-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Get mad at you? NEVER!
A. You are a friend.
B. You are a very big (in the kind of way that can hurt little ole me) friend.:r
C. Even if I were for some crazy reason to get mad at that, I sure as heck would not get pissed. Now that doesn't mean I would tell you what I thought of that.:D

I have however had a bad experience at pvff. :)

Kelly,
Who could ever get mad at this poor guy?

Blueface
12-22-2009, 08:58 AM
SMaybe we should start a support group? ;)

Hi,
I'm Carlos.
I too had a bad experience with Pvff.com

Tenor CS
12-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Maybe we should start a support group? ;)

I thought that's what this place was?

But now it's so much more!

shilala
12-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi,
I'm Carlos.
I too had a bad experience with Pvff.com
lol. :r
Welcome.
Would anyone else like to introduce themselves?

BC-Axeman
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Cory, I. too. understand the frustration you are going through and think you came to the right place to air it and explained yourself well. Welcome.

I used ammo cans and tupperdors for many years before I got the 150ct desktop that only holds singles for smoking now. I now use coolers for box and bulk storage. I never thought about using coolers before joining cigars forums.

Doctorossi
12-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I like pie! ;)

:tpd:

stearns
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM

i dont think anyone who values their life could look at you and still express anger :r:r

stearns

icehog3
12-22-2009, 01:30 PM
i dont think anyone who values their life could look at you and still express anger :r:r

stearns

I'm a teddy bear, Ben! :)

Starscream
12-22-2009, 01:39 PM

I thought you were a douchebag, Admiral. :confused:

Adriftpanda
12-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Waiting for my clothes to dry, that was a good read. Thanks guys! Haha

GKitty
12-22-2009, 02:29 PM

You might be a teddy bear, but I'm sure we wouldn't like you when you're angry.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/10/angrybear.jpg

icehog3
12-22-2009, 03:45 PM
You might be a teddy bear, but I'm sure we wouldn't like you when you're angry.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/2007/10/angrybear.jpg

I am freaky intimidating, Crystal!! :r

stearns
12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
never seen him angry, but one could only imagine what would happen...

http://www.aolcdn.com/red_galleries/the-hulk-superhero-400a062507.jpg

stearns

Starscream
12-22-2009, 04:29 PM
:salute:

Bantering through.

Chris.
12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I've never ordered from them before. I've been tempted by the imperfects, but there is no way of knowing what is imperfect about them, so I avoided it. I think I bought my cedar trays from them though. 2 out of 4 were glued poorly together, but that's not an issue really. Otherwise they were fine. They answered my emails and questions about the problem promptly as well. It sounds to me like they made good efforts to satisfy a customer.

CheapHumidors
12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
This has got to be one of the most bizarre, funny, and entertaining threads I'ev had the distinct pleasure to read. Man o' man. I spit my coffee out on my beautiful dual 29 inch monitors. Thats gunna suck to clean off.

So this is how I see it. We sent an item, it didn't get there in perfect condition. So, as a retailer, and a man of integrity, not to mention devilishly handsom this is what we offered. 1) pick the item up and offer a full refund, 2) pick the item up and send a replacement, or 3) you keep the item and we give you a discount. I think either of those options is pretty fair. However to be called out on those options as being not sufficient doesnt seem fair to me. It isn't like I had somebody in the warehouse jump on the thing before it was sent. It also traveled like 1500 miles, so ya know, poo happens. We were trying to help without the customer incurring any costs. Now, as for the duties thing, and reducing the price on the invoice and "falsifying documents" so the customer pays less, well, you know, I don't want people to have to pay more than they want for customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc, but I also can't jeapordize my company or the 10 people who work for me so somebody can save $40, so matter how much I like them. That isn't to say that sometimes things might "slip" through the cracks ;)

Anways, this thread has taken its own turn, twist and path. I hope I cleared some things up. But as always, feel free to gimme a shout anytime at my personal email addy dave at cheaphumidors.com

Healthy and Happy New Year to you all

floydpink
12-30-2009, 03:53 PM
I've bought 2 humidors from Cheaphumidors and found them to be first rate.

Pvff on the other hand, did me like a cheap whore.

Blueface
12-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Pvff on the other hand, did me like a cheap whore.

Pete,
Sounds to me like it boils down to money.
If Pvff had paid you well, thereby raising your "whore" status, to say perhaps a $5,000 an hour one, sounds like you would have been fine.:r:r:r

weak_link
12-30-2009, 05:27 PM
This has got to be one of the most bizarre, funny, and entertaining threads I'ev had the distinct pleasure to read. Man o' man. I spit my coffee out on my beautiful dual 29 inch monitors. Thats gunna suck to clean off.

So this is how I see it. We sent an item, it didn't get there in perfect condition. So, as a retailer, and a man of integrity, not to mention devilishly handsom this is what we offered. 1) pick the item up and offer a full refund, 2) pick the item up and send a replacement, or 3) you keep the item and we give you a discount. I think either of those options is pretty fair. However to be called out on those options as being not sufficient doesnt seem fair to me. It isn't like I had somebody in the warehouse jump on the thing before it was sent. It also traveled like 1500 miles, so ya know, poo happens. We were trying to help without the customer incurring any costs. Now, as for the duties thing, and reducing the price on the invoice and "falsifying documents" so the customer pays less, well, you know, I don't want people to have to pay more than they want for customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc, but I also can't jeapordize my company or the 10 people who work for me so somebody can save $40, so matter how much I like them. That isn't to say that sometimes things might "slip" through the cracks ;)

Anways, this thread has taken its own turn, twist and path. I hope I cleared some things up. But as always, feel free to gimme a shout anytime at my personal email addy dave at cheaphumidors.com

Hard for me to find anything wrong with that kind of customer service.

ps// my butt itches. BAD.

floydpink
12-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Pete,
Sounds to me like it boils down to money.
If Pvff had paid you well, thereby raising your "whore" status, to say perhaps a $5,000 an hour one, sounds like you would have been fine.:r:r:r

Have you seen the whores on pvff doing interviews at Havana Humidor? Obviously they ain't paying their whores much.

Not sure if 5 grand would bring me back to my whoring days, but I might be tempted to go back to Rio for a week on "business".

joeobx
12-30-2009, 05:54 PM
When I was looking for my new humidor I did a lot of searching and there were a couple of sites that were cheaper, but after calling and speaking to Dave himself I was sold......nuff said:banger

Chris.
12-30-2009, 07:15 PM

You can't ask for better customer service. It's the OP's fault for ordering the thing when he had such a close "deadline" to meet.

icehog3
12-30-2009, 11:32 PM
ps// my butt itches. BAD.

You will be hearing from my copyright attorney.

;) :r :r

lightning9191
12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
You will be hearing from my copyright attorney.

;) :r :r

You're like the Paris Hilton of the Asylum! :r

Blueface
12-31-2009, 10:03 AM

Looks like I will have to fight Tom for that title as I have the picture to prove it.:r:r:r

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/cmach_photo/Photo14-1-2.jpg

Resipsa
12-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Looks like I will have to fight Tom for that title as I have the picture to prove it.:r:r:r

I think I'm Blind.

You'll be hearing from my personal injury attorney...

icehog3
12-31-2009, 10:34 AM

That would make you Nicole Richie? ;) :r

lightning9191
12-31-2009, 10:46 AM
That would make you Nicole Richie? ;) :r

If the shoe fits....:r

cbsmokin
12-31-2009, 11:11 AM
Happy New Year!!!

Where did I put my tinfoil hat?

bobarian
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
I think I'm Blind.

You'll be hearing from my personal injury attorney...

That's got to be one of the spookiest chop's I have seen! :tf

Blueface
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
That's got to be one of the spookiest chop's I have seen! :tf

I was having a bad hair day.:r

WyoBob
12-31-2009, 09:54 PM

Man ------ not even with four bags:D

WyoBob

thebiglebowski
01-01-2010, 08:07 AM
i'm a fan of cheaphumidors.com

i'm not a fan of pvff.com

still trying to figure out what the OP means by **itch and *****ed... :confused: