PDA

View Full Version : Out of my Padded Room I Peek

smokeyscotch
12-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Slowly the door opens as my staright jacket hits the floor. I very carefully look down the hall. I look left, then right. What is that awesome aroma? Smells like something I remember. It is a mixture of Boli CJ, Scotch, Beer, Escudo, Coffee, Wine, and sniff sniff, and Thorzine. :D I hear laughter!
Guy and Gals, fellow Cigar Crazed Asylum Mates, it has been a weird year. I first want to apologize for my absence. I really missed the friendship and banter. I also missed the wealth of information that is to be learned, and seeing the newbs come with excitement and find their place here, as I did the other place a good while back.
It will be a while before I can suit up for Bombing Missions. Although, I do miss bringing down the fire.
I won't go into every detail of my absence, but I will admit that a divorce was involved. It took me totally by surprise and knocked the wind right outta my sails. I have learned a lot from it, and continue to learn. The biggest thing is finding ME again. All that sad stuff said, I have a few lessons I'd like to share.

1. Diamonds are forever. If I could get it back, I would go get me a new Dirt Bike.

2. If you are called a doormat, you don't necessarily have to believe it. But, I did.

3. Your truest friends are the one's still there when the shite happens. Let the other's go their way.

4. Some things in life will never make sense. Forget about it and fire up a stogie.

5. Cigars will return the love they are given. Well, unless its Cremosas we're talking about. So, keep that humi checked.

6. Don't always seek love. Let it find you. Be patient. That's the hard part.

7. Don't be ashamed to tell your friends what is going on in your life and withdraw from them. That one is for you all. I'm sorry I did not trust you more. There was probably a lot of good advise I missed due to that.

I apologize for withdrawing. Sorry I didn't share the pain. My biggest regret is someone might have been going through similar pain and I could have helped them.

Hope you'll have me back everyone! I missed you! And maybe one day someone will here the words, "I'm your Huckleberry"! Old story the newbs might not get. It will come in time. :D

My best to everyone,

smokeyscotch :ss

Blueface
12-14-2009, 11:26 AM
God knows I live in an occasional valley.
Life is full of them.
Things happen for a reason.
When one door closes, others open.

Glad to see you are out of your valley and back on top of the hill.
Don't look back.

massphatness
12-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Missed you, bro.

Welcome back.

replicant_argent
12-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks for remembering a good place to be.

smokeyscotch
12-14-2009, 11:43 AM
God knows I live in an occasional valley.
Life is full of them.
Things happen for a reason.
When one door closes, others open.

Glad to see you are out of your valley and back on top of the hill.
Don't look back.

Missed you, bro.

Welcome back.

Thanks Guys! Missed you too!

smokeyscotch
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for remembering a good place to be.

No way I could forget this place.

14holestogie
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Welcome back, bro.

Here's to better days, my friend.

bobarian
12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Welcome back bro. We all missed you. :tu

68TriShield
12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Welcome back into the fold Bro...

White97Jimmy
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
We all take breaks from things, no biggie! Welcome back!

IBQTEE1
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry about everything you are going through. Everything happens for a reason.

smokehouse
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Welcome Back!!

Sorry to hear about your story, I was there myself this past year.

SmokeyJoe
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
A Smokeyscotch sighting!

Glad to see you back, Tim. Praying for things to continue improving for you. You have a lot of support here among your friends, bro. :ss

mariogolbee
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Hi. I hope we run into each other here or elsewhere from time to time. Thanks for sharing the lessons, they just reminded me that I need to do something and let a few go as well. You were here long before I but welcome back anyway.

Wanger
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
1. Diamonds are forever. If I could get it back, I would go get me a new Dirt Bike.

2. If you are called a doormat, you don't necessarily have to believe it. But, I did.

3. Your truest friends are the one's still there when the shite happens. Let the other's go their way.

4. Some things in life will never make sense. Forget about it and fire up a stogie.

5. Cigars will return the love they are given. Well, unless its Cremosas we're talking about. So, keep that humi checked.

7. Don't be ashamed to tell your friends what is going on in your life and withdraw from them. That one is for you all. I'm sorry I did not trust you more. There was probably a lot of good advise I missed due to that.

1. Been there, though it would have been a few snakes for me. :D

2. I've wiped off the footprints long ago. We all need to learn sometime.

3. MOST DEFINITELY!

4. Like women, in general.

5. ...or a Gorilla Finger. BLECH!

6. The more you seek, the more it hides from you.

7. God knows I've leaned on my friends here in some rough times, so I highly second this notion!!!!

...and for levity's sake...is your real name Eldrick? :p

Welcome back...there's plenty of chairs still available.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh142/fortboyardo/asylum/chair-1.jpg

Scottw
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Welcome back pal!

SmokeyJoe
12-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the e-mail, my friend. You have a lot of brothers and sisters here who have your back.

Glad things are turning around for you! :tu

Thaplumbr
12-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Glad to see ya back Tim!:ss

smokeyscotch
12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
...and for levity's sake...is your real name Eldrick? :p

Welcome back...there's plenty of chairs still available.

No, I stopped playing golf a long time ago. If I got that joke correctly?:D

Thanks everyone for the welcome back and well wishes. I would appreciate it if you keep me in your prayers.:tu

ahc4353
12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Reading this made my day. Welcome home my friend, you have been missed.

Starscream
12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Welcome back!

smokeyscotch
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Reading this made my day. Welcome home my friend, you have been missed.

Thanks, Al! Good to be back. I smoked a stogie you sent me in celebration of Bama's win in the SEC Championship. Niice smoke for a great game!:dr Thanks to you and all the BOTL/SOTL that have made coming home easy. :tu

Volt
12-15-2009, 03:17 AM
Welcome Tim. Glad to see and hear you doing a bit better. Time to herf now!

smokeyscotch
12-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Welcome Tim. Glad to see and hear you doing a bit better. Time to herf now!

You got that right! Like herfin'!:ss Thanks for the kind words buddy!:tu

BC-Axeman
12-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Hey Tim! Still have the guncabador? Someone just started a thread about one.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26681

Coach Deg
12-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Sorry about everything you are going through. Everything happens for a reason.

I went through a divorce five years ago. Follow your 7 rules and you should end up in good shape!

smokeyscotch
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Hey Tim! Still have the guncabador? Someone just started a thread about one.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26681

I do! still working great. Thanks for the heads-up. I stay tuned.

SmokeyJoe
04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Good to see you, Tim! How's it going? :ss

Volt
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM

:tt

:D

smokeyscotch
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Going great, Joe! Just hanging out watching it storm with some great company:D

:tt

:D

Hold your horses, man :tu

How you been doing, Bro?

Volt
04-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Doing well, missing some good Bama weather. VA is still a bit chilly, I'm looking forward to the 80's coming and staying. Mostly riding my motorcycle and herfing in my shed on Thurs nights with some local BOTLs, good times although simple. I want to get down and visit my folks in July if I can make work come together.

Neuromancer
04-24-2010, 07:22 PM

I apologize for withdrawing. Sorry I didn't share the pain. My biggest regret is someone might have been going through similar pain and I could have helped them.

Hope you'll have me back everyone! I missed you! And maybe one day someone will here the words, "I'm your Huckleberry"! Old story the newbs might not get. It will come in time. :D

My best to everyone,

smokeyscotch :ss

Been there, done that...got several t-shirts to prove it...welcome back...:tu

Thaplumbr
04-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Glad to see ya back Tim!!

BlackDog
04-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Sounds like it's been a tough road. I'm glad you came out on top, and glad you're back among friends.

smokeyscotch
04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Doing well, missing some good Bama weather. VA is still a bit chilly, I'm looking forward to the 80's coming and staying. Mostly riding my motorcycle and herfing in my shed on Thurs nights with some local BOTLs, good times although simple. I want to get down and visit my folks in July if I can make work come together.

Give me a yell. We'll have a stogie :ss

Thanks everyone for your sentiments. As VOLT mentioned "good times although simple", that's how I'm living right now. Met a one in a million girl. Loves camping with me, enjoying a smoke and cold beer. She has turned me on to a little Merlot in the evenings and we just hang out and enjoy home and living. Never been this content other than the economy. but that's everyone right now, I think.