PDA

View Full Version : 601 Green Label Question...

larryinlc
12-13-2009, 07:51 PM
I've been smoking the 601 green 5 1/2 x 54 La Fuerza which I like very much. I'm about to place another order and I see at the vendor of my choice, the larger 6 1/2 x 58 Trabuco is less money per box. I like larger cigars, so this looks good to me, but I'm concerned that they're of the same quality. Has anyone smoked both and if so, are they the same? Burn? Taste?

Larry

JJG
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't worry. I also used to smoke a ton of the 601s and I'm sure the tobacco is the same.

Emjaysmash
12-13-2009, 09:02 PM
The tobacco is the same, just in a bigger size. This means obviously a longer smoking time, however the flavors you find in the Fuerza size may become a little more muted as there is a bigger filler to wrapper ratio in the Trabuco size. I'd buy one smoke it to see if you like it. If you can;t taste the difference then you're golden!

ScottishSmoker
12-14-2009, 12:14 AM
MJ is telling you pretty close to the truth...minus one thing...if you like the overall strength of the Oscuros...the Trabuco has a little bit more kick....

larryinlc
12-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys. One thing I've noticed over the years that even though a cigar has the same tobacco, different sizes sometimes changes the character.

Larry