PDA

View Full Version : Csonka Super Smoker Cloaker

gnukfu
10-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Weather is getting colder so I bought one of these. Been using it for a few days and it is working great! It's an ozone generator and completely wipes out the smoke smell in the house. Independently verified by my fiancee. It's kinda pricey but so far so good. I recommend it.

Old Sailor
10-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I've got the small grey one and it does work great!!;)

BlackIrish
10-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the review, George. Been thinking about picking up one of these but wondered how it worked. Didn't want to chance it given the pricetag.

BlackIrish

bobarian
10-26-2008, 07:13 PM
I know many people use these but there is some danger with ozone. Best used when you leave in the morning not when you are in the same room.
http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html

Old Sailor
10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Bob is correct, I only leave mine on when smoking, and turn it off when there is no more odour detected (by the Boss) ;)

mikeyj23
10-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Weather is getting colder so I bought one of these. Been using it for a few days and it is working great! It's an ozone generator and completely wipes out the smoke smell in the house. Independently verified by my fiancee. It's kinda pricey but so far so good. I recommend it.

How "completely" are we talkin, guys? After a cigar in the living room, how long would it take with the Csonka for a non-smoker to walk in and not smell cigar odor?

BengalMan
10-26-2008, 11:15 PM
How "completely" are we talkin, guys? After a cigar in the living room, how long would it take with the Csonka for a non-smoker to walk in and not smell cigar odor?

I'm with you. I find it hard to believe that this thing magically clears the air and carpet. I may be wrong (and hope I am!).

TOB9595
10-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Yes!
Please MKORE info on this cloaker.
Does Ozone generators leave a dark ring around the area in which they sit?
This has prevented me from looking into these too closely..
Tom

bigloo
10-27-2008, 12:04 AM
I wish I could smoke inside, but the truth of the matter is even I hate that smell of stale tobacco. The problem with these ozone machines is that they remove some of the pollutants by trapping them but the rest is just cloaking the odor with ozone. Overtime though, you room WILL begin to smell like crap. Even if you are careful, little bits of ash will get into the carpets/couch. Once the ozone departs the smoke trapped in the carpet/walls will begin to come out on hot days. There is just no way around it, if you smoke inside even with utmost care it will eventually smell like stale tabbaco. I am in the process of setting up in the garage for the winter when it gets wet and maybe even getting a little space heater to keep me warm to boot.

JDTexan
11-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Is anyone using these currently, I am contemplating buying one of these for my office that I smoke in during winter months. I figured I would let this thing super ozonate the office overnight and clean it up before I get back in the morning. What is the best model to go with or is there a better brand.

Giants85
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Bob is correct, I only leave mine on when smoking, and turn it off when there is no more odour detected (by the Boss) ;)

I don't know much about these but I believe you are supposed to leave and seal the room off as best you can. I'm not sure if it is safe to leave this on while you are in the room? or at least not recommended to