PDA

View Full Version : new (potential) inmate looking to try something

CaRyan
12-08-2009, 09:12 PM
hey guys (and gals)

one of my friends is looking to pick up one of the sampler packs from here (http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-PT2) and i can't say i've tried all of these different markas... i know some of you on here will definitely know much better which he should choose than i would so please let me hear your opinions :D. his only real preference is that it be more mild bodied as he is just getting into cigars and wants something to try out (and get a nifty travel humi at the same time :banger)... or if you know a better place to go feel free to yell at me too (i don't buy many cigars online)

thanks in advance
Ryan

AD720
12-08-2009, 09:16 PM
That's a nice sampler, but not what I would classify as mild-bodied, most of those would probably be classified as pretty strong. :2

EDIT: Oh, I miss-read that a little - I thought it came with the cigars pictured. Out of the available samplers I'd recommend one of the Oliva samplers or the "Best of Perdomo 2" for someone looking for a mild-body sampler.

timo
12-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd go with one of the Oliva samplers or the Don Pepin #1

pnoon
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
For a new smoker, I would recommend the Best of Carlos Torano Sampler

Kreth
12-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Have your friend check out cigarbid.com (aka cbid or the devil site). It's an auction site run by Cigars International. The different samplers pop up there fairly often, and usually end up going for quite a bit less than CI's regular prices.
Posted via Mobile Device

cort
12-08-2009, 10:11 PM
For a new smoker, I would recommend the Best of Carlos Torano Sampler

You would:tg

pnoon
12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
You would:tg

Hey now. Be nice.

cort
12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey now. Be nice.

sorry:sad

CaRyan
12-09-2009, 11:02 AM
haha thanks guys. i had him check out a couple other sites but i'll definitelt let him know about cbid (i completely forgot about that one). that for all of the suggestions... i knew this wuold be the right place to ask

sikk50
12-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Aw don't show him that site, that's just being mean!

Kreth
12-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Aw don't show him that site, that's just being mean!
I figured if the OP's friend is just getting started, might as well save him some money. If he decides to continue with this wonderful hobby, it's a good kick down the slope. :r
Posted via Mobile Device