PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Wireless finally looking at an FCC enema.

shilala
12-05-2009, 04:57 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j2Q0Yxhbbj17xuV-NEk72qtDCEBgD9CCP4U00

Finally. This should also set the stage for a stream of class action bloodsuckers to get their wheelbarrows shined up to carry away some of VW's money they've stolen.
What goes around comes around. :tu

FCC asks Verizon Wireless to explain fees
(AP) – 13 hours ago
NEW YORK — The Federal Communications Commission on Friday asked Verizon Wireless why it recently doubled the fees it charges customers when they break their contracts on "smart" phones.
In November, the carrier hiked the maximum early contract termination fee for smart phones to $350 from $175. Like other carriers, Verizon subsidizes the cost of the devices for contract-signing customers, then expects to make that money back in service fees over the term of the contract.
"Smart phones quickly became a major part of our business and cost us a whole lot more," Verizon spokesman Jeffrey Nelson said.
The FCC's letter to Verizon asks how consumers will know whether the increased fee applies to their phone, and whether it's spelled out anywhere except in the formal customer agreement.
The FCC is also asking the carrier about $1.99 data access fees that have appeared on the bills of customers who don't have data plans but accidentally initiate data access by hitting a button on their phones. Verizon says that as of a few months ago, it doesn't charge when a customer starts a data service then quickly turns it off.
The Plain Dealer in Cleveland tapped into a vein of frustration among Verizon customers in columns on the issue in August.

longknocker
12-05-2009, 05:09 AM
AT&T Is Just As Bad, If Not Worse, Scott.:mad: Seems Like I Have A Different additional Charge Every Month With Them!:td

shilala
12-05-2009, 05:16 AM
AT&T Is Just As Bad, If Not Worse, Scott.:mad: Seems Like I Have A Different additional Charge Every Month With Them!:td
So far, so good on my end.
Maybe it's just because I have an iphone and a static plan.
Add to that, I don't have to look at the bill because Lisa goes over it with a fine toothed comb, and I'm perfectly content.
I quit being mad at Verizon a few weeks ago. It's just nice to see the FCC getting up their ass.
Maybe they'll head straight for AT&T next. :tu

longknocker
12-05-2009, 05:23 AM
So far, so good on my end.
Maybe it's just because I have an iphone and a static plan.
Add to that, I don't have to look at the bill because Lisa goes over it with a fine toothed comb, and I'm perfectly content.
I quit being mad at Verizon a few weeks ago. It's just nice to see the FCC getting up their ass.
Maybe they'll head straight for AT&T next. :tu

I Hope So, Brother! They Know How Many People Love Their I-Phones & AT&T Basically Charges What They Want. On Another Note; When The Family Was In The Mountains Of NC last Week, The Only Service That Came Through Was Verizon.

shilala
12-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Wait till Chas sees this. He's gonna do a happy dance. :)

T.G
12-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I can sum the article up in 9 words:

FCC to Verizon:

"Can you hear ME now, biotch?"

DBall
12-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I loathe all facets of VZ with every molecule of my being.

mosesbotbol
12-05-2009, 09:28 AM
All the cell companies are bastards.

captain53
12-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I have tried everyone of the providers over the years and they are all scumbag crooks and all pull the same crap. I have Verizon now following ATT last time and actually Verizon seems to do a bit better but that is always subject to change. Of course when you buy a $500 phone for $50 or in my case bought one B'berry for $50 and got one Free then you can pretty well figure they are going to stick it in your arse sooner or later.:2

King James
12-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm glad they are going after vzw. They have the best network so i continue to put up w/ it... but I'm not a big fan of them

shilala
12-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I can sum the article up in 9 words:

FCC to Verizon:

"Can you hear ME now, biotch?"
:r :r :r
That is beautiful.

ChasDen
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

And the kicker is I just re upped with them a few months back :bh

Its like voting anymore, you pick the least of 2 evils

Chas

JE3146
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I have tried everyone of the providers over the years and they are all scumbag crooks and all pull the same crap. I have Verizon now following ATT last time and actually Verizon seems to do a bit better but that is always subject to change. Of course when you buy a $500 phone for $50 or in my case bought one B'berry for $50 and got one Free then you can pretty well figure they are going to stick it in your arse sooner or later.:2

Yup ^^

We got 2 Storms for like 100$... MSRP on those phones was like 600$ a piece at the time we bought them.

That's a lot of money, even discounted for wholesale.

smokeyandthebandit05
12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
My parents and I have been with verizon for probably close to 10 years. One month out of nowhere they charged for not upgrading (calling *228 option 2 for anyone who doesnt know). It was like a ~$10 charge. My mom called up, complained and they waived the fee. WTF? I wonder how much they are making off of people who dont know how to update their roaming capabilities. Just another BS charge...man I hate big business

T.G
12-06-2009, 12:55 AM

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/84/cthulhu4prezpreview5pt2.png

shilala
12-06-2009, 07:49 AM
:dance: :dance: :dance:

And the kicker is I just re upped with them a few months back :bh

Chas
Hey, ya gotta have a cellphone.
It'll be nice to know that the same wads that make the rules for stealing from people will have to endure the pain in the ass the FCC will wraught.
It's almost as good as sending Icehog over to have a "talk" with them. :D

WyoBob
12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
I think you guys are being mean to the wireless carriers. Business is business. As the carriers (and cable, internet provider's, credit card companies, banks, etc.) spent a lot of money to buy the congressmen who wrote the laws in their favor (to the detriment of we taxpayers), it would be foolish of them not to take advantage of the situation, i.e., put it to the consumers.

WyoBob

shilala
12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
I think you guys are being mean to the wireless carriers. Business is business. As the carriers (and cable, internet provider's, credit card companies, banks, etc.) spent a lot of money to buy the congressmen who wrote the laws in their favor (to the detriment of we taxpayers), it would be foolish of them not to take advantage of the situation, i.e., put it to the consumers.

WyoBob

I know, right?
This is kinda the hand biting the hand that feeds them.
That's where the true beauty lies. :)