View Full Version : Homemade travel humidor

TripleF
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Thought this info might be of some help:

http://www.cigargadget.com/home-made-15-cigar-travel-humidor-part-1/

Be sure to read parts 2 and 3 as well.

kydsid
11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
It is nice that he went to the trouble to spell it all out and post pictures.

But the fact that, that 'blog', not to mention all of his other 'blogs' are owned and operated in a thinly guised form to promote commercial interests by the same people behind Avallo, CigarSolutions and every other webiste listed under the sub heading 'blogroll' without being totally upfront about it is a shame.

CasaDooley
11-30-2009, 12:48 PM
It is nice that he went to the trouble to spell it all out and post pictures.

But the fact that, that 'blog', not to mention all of his other 'blogs' are owned and operated in a thinly guised form to promote commercial interests by the same people behind Avallo, CigarSolutions and every other webiste listed under the sub heading 'blogroll' without being totally upfront about it is a shame.

Not trying to be an a*shat, but why does it matter?

Parshooter
11-30-2009, 01:18 PM
An easier solution is the Tupperware and single, 3 or 5-finger cigar bags. Properly humidified cigars will keep at least a week without any other humdification device needed. Trays and cedar are over-kill :rolleyes:

kydsid
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM

If bestbuy ran a blog reviewing electronics and posting a link to their website for every item on their website would that matter? A blog can and is seen by many as a type of journalism.

A news agency would disclose up front it's relationship, like NBC does with anything about GE products.

Let me put it this way, if this blog is done the same but just a link at cigarsolutions.com no problem it is cigarsolutions.com's blog and it would be plainly obvious why they review the things they do. But that isn't the case. They hide under a different url and thinly disquise who they are and the reason for their reviews, ie all comercial interest.

Simply put I find issue with any blog that doesn't disclose who they really are, who they are owned by, if at all, and their motivation.

68TriShield
11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
An easier solution is the Tupperware and single, 3 or 5-finger cigar bags. Properly humidified cigars will keep at least a week without any other humdification device needed. Trays and cedar are over-kill :rolleyes:

I agree.
A positive sealing container will keep humidified cigars for a couple weeks,at least.
I haven't bothered with water pillows or similar things in years.

TripleF
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM

Gotta agree. CigarSolutions is a member on CA, aka RonC. I was looking for some Christmas gifts found the link and thought....HEY, this might be helpful for some of the newbies......I know it was for me.

SkinsFanLarry
11-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Gotta agree. CigarSolutions is a member on CA, aka RonC. I was looking for some Christmas gifts found the link and thought....HEY, this might be helpful for some of the newbies......I know it was for me.

Let's make it a threesome than, I don't see what the big issue is here ....Ron was merely trying to provide a cost effective option....take it or leave it!

kydsid
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Great RonC is a member, an upstanding member that I have no problem doing business with and have in the past.

My point is you should not review or blog about items you sell without disclosing that openly. Nor should you be providing direct links to said retail site without disclosing that fact. I don't see him giving props to Walmart or Rubermaid in that blog by providing a link to purchase that product.

Since no one here cares I'll let some retailers I know about this so they can sign up here and review their own products without disclosing they are members of the trade. :2

Tenor CS
11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't have any issue with the blog as it is presented. But, I would never try to make one of those, as I am not the handy type, and 15-ct Cigar Caddies are readily available.

tobii3
11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't know about y'all, but my "homemade" travel humi starts off a LOT bigger.....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/tobii3/009-1.jpg

:D

TripleF
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Wouldn't mind if this thread was closed.

Thanks.

pnoon
11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Wouldn't mind if this thread was closed.

Thanks.

Done.

icehog3
11-30-2009, 09:08 PM
"Why people have the need to lecture on what others should or shouldn't do is more annoying than anyone's bad habits." - USA Today Commentator On Cigar Industry Article