PDA

View Full Version : Cuba readying defenses for "Second US invasion"

Drazzil
11-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I just saw this on CNN. Cuba was trotting out its old Soviet era weapons for war games "in case the US got any ideas" If Cuba had an embassy in the US I would "accidentally" bomb it and be like. "Whoops".

Maybe we can send a carrier group in international waters just off their shores and conduct some "war games" of our own?

Maybe we can build them an embassy somewhere and then "accidentally" bomb it?

tobii3
11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
You DO realize that GTMO is a refueling point, right???

Drazzil
11-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes I realize that we have a military base at Guantanamo. The Cubans dont exactly have a say in that either. But this post isint about Gitmo. Its about the Cubans bringing all their old Soviet gear out and having the balls to say that they are "ready" for a US invasion.

tobii3
11-29-2009, 06:10 PM
ah yes, the "invasion" they have prepped for since the 80's.

Since the early 1980's the Cuban military has prepared for an invasion by the US. Miles of tunnels have been built to counter an anticipated invasion. The primary threat is seen as a direct attack from the Guantanamo Naval Base and bases nearby in the United States.

Of course, we won't go into the simple numbers -

Cuban military power has been sharply reduced by the loss of Soviet subsidies. Today, the Revolutionary Armed Forces number about 60,000 regular troops

That would be a decrease of over 170,000 troops since the wall fell down, not to mention the "purge" that resulted in the execution of MajGen Ochoa and the Ministry of the Interior Col de La Guardia because Castro felt they were too popular.

So, they're wargaming. That's it. Same thing they've been doing for the past umpteen years.

captain53
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I was in elementary school the last time they pointed those pieces of crap at us, figure they are about as old and tired as I am so not too worried I guess.