PDA

View Full Version : What is your "Everyday" smoke?

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Everyone seems to have their favorite primo stick, but what do folks smoke as their "regular, everyday" smoke? What is your favorite cheap stogie? I searched for a thread on this, but couldn't find one. If this redundant, ;s, feel free to delete or merge it.

NCRadioMan
11-27-2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14909&highlight=favorite+cheap
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

When I go cheap, I go GR Specials Red Label or JLP Crema's.

Kreth
11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 06:08 PM
It would seem that I didn't use the right search terms, oops ;s

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 06:12 PM
There's a cheap smoke thread here somewhere, which was basically a list of cheap/bundle cigars, which turned into everyone posting their favorites to be added to the list.
I like to rotate my cheap smokes. My desktop has space in the bottom for 3 bundles. Right now I have Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oooh, a lot of good ideas!

Zanaspus
11-27-2009, 07:22 PM
It's been said many times before, but Famous Nic 3000. :dr

SmokinApe
11-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't think much but I think it's OK to to post this question even tho it has been posted before... almost all of forums is rehashed material...

In a post like this you get answers that are all over the place any many will be from people who didn't go and post on the other threads...

IMO there are a few elements that go into making a decision as to what will be your everyday smoke. Unfortunately for me I blindly compiled a list based off recommendations and ended up with a cooler full of cigars I didn't like...

The most important factor is price, when you know what you are able to spend, you can then look to maximize you purchase power. The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
...The second is profile, you should understand a few things; general flavor profiles, wrapper types and strength. You may have to smoke ALLOT of cigars to find your preferred profile, once to do then you can find the best cigar IN YOUR PROFILE that fits you budget. (Quick tip, most newbes fall for maduro first) The last piece of the puzzle is size/vitola, if you only have 45min to smoke a sick you don't want a box of churchills...

Hmmm, good info! I have found that I seem to like darker wrappers, but I don't think that I've tried a true maduro, yet. As for size, so far I'm trending toward 5" or 6" and a 50 ring gauge, so toros or robustos. I will however, try other sizes in my search. Thanks for the tips; it should help to keep things manageable.

JJG
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
My everyday smoke is the Bolivar PC. $4 is still pretty cheap for a premium CC in my opinion. Most of the NCs I smoke cost twice that and aren't even as good. :2

also, I think it's ok to start duplicate threads like this from time to time. I mean, every topic has probably been covered once before. It doesn't bother me that certain topics get re-posted.

Pilon
11-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Padron 2000 Maduro

leasingthisspace
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device

Namerifrats
11-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't really have a dedicated everyday smoke. Usually just open the cooler...look around for a minute and grab whatever looks good first.

SkinsFanLarry
11-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 10:50 PM
I kinda got four.....Ambos Mundos Robusto No. 2, El Cobre Robusto, Brick House Corona Gorda and Edge Corojo Toro.

I love the Brick House Toro and Robusto. :tu

Subvet642
11-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Another vote for the padron 2000 maddies if I could afford them everyday.
Posted via Mobile Device

I keep hearing about Padron 2000. I'll have to put it on my try list.

Emjaysmash
11-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Padron Londres Maduro. Hell any Padron for that matter.

Did I Mention Padron?

alley00p
11-28-2009, 01:15 AM
I smoke something "small" on the way to work, pretty much every day.

Going to work cigars include
Rocky Patel Juniors - Natural and Maduro
Famous Maduritos
(All of the above are buck or less if you can find them on sale at Famous)
Hoyo De Monterrey Petites
HDM Demi-Tasse
All of these are 4" - 5" sticks with small RG's of 34 - 42. They are great when the weather is cold, since they last about 25 - 35 minutes.

I tend to smoke El Baton's, Casa Magna, Tat Angeles or Victoria's when I want a cheap stick at my B&M (these run in the $5 range).

Check out your local B&M too, to see if they have any bundles. My local B&M has Dominican Toro's, with his label on them, in both natural and maduro wrappers for $2 each, by the bundle. I always have a bundle of each and I smoke those often.

There is a lot of good advice above, especially, to try find something that you enjoy smoking. Everyone's palate is different!

:dance:

pmwz
11-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Por Larranaga montecarlo/panatella, RyJ Mille Fleurs + Jose L. Piedra petit cazadores

cigarmonkel
11-28-2009, 05:14 AM
CFO #7's are where its at... for 50cents a stick you CANNOT beat it.

Dunkel
11-28-2009, 05:46 AM
Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo, Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826, and El Mejor Emeralds in there. I also like Indian Tabac Maduro & Super Fuerte Maduro, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet and Maduro, and some others I'm probably forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like all those and add Perdomo Golf, Perdomo Reserve Oscuro, Victor Sinclair 10th Anniversario, and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte

68TriShield
11-28-2009, 05:54 AM
I love the Brick House Toro and Robusto. :tu

I'm loving the Brickhouse as well :tu

Joseywales
11-28-2009, 06:29 AM
First, I agree that the search function is not always the answer. Afterall, is this industry so stagnent that everyone's favorite from 10 months ago is still the best "go to"? No one has come across anything new in almost a year, etc.?

Anyway I, too, am seeking a few "everydays". I am looking for a less expensive everyday, like Helix, Vega Hecho e Mano, etc. I have to set a $$$ amount for the everydays.

Good luck!

TripleF
11-28-2009, 06:33 AM
Rocky Patel Edge Maduro!! :ss

sofaman
11-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Latley mine has been Oliva Special G Maduro :tu

kelmac07
11-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Anything maduro!! :D

Bubba - NJ
11-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I've tried going exclusive for a few days in a row with the same smoke . All it has led me to believe is that "Life is too short to smoke 1 cigar exclusively" . I enjoy mixing it up everytime I have a cigar . Open the cooler or humidor and see what grabs my attention . Famous Nic 3000's are a really good cigar and cheap too . Fuente Curly Head Deluxe maddies are pretty good cheapies also .

Deputy
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Rocky Patel Edge Maduro

Deputy
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Rocky Patel Edge Maduro!! :ss

God bless you brother.

thebiglebowski
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
i know this is all cigar discussion, but for me SP molinos, monte 3s and PLPC. on weekends, in the spirit of all cigar, it's LFD chisels and JDN celebracion churchills.

bobarian
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
No such thing as an everyday smoke for me. I like to mix it up although 90% of what I smoke is from an island. :2

tobii3
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
First Afterall, is this industry so stagnent that everyone's favorite from 10 months ago is still the best "go to"?

N3K's are going on what, 5 years now???

icehog3
11-28-2009, 06:23 PM
I've tried going exclusive for a few days in a row with the same smoke . All it has led me to believe is that "Life is too short to smoke 1 cigar exclusively" . I enjoy mixing it up everytime I have a cigar . Open the cooler or humidor and see what grabs my attention . Famous Nic 3000's are a really good cigar and cheap too . Fuente Curly Head Deluxe maddies are pretty good cheapies also .

No such thing as an everyday smoke for me. I like to mix it up although 90% of what I smoke is from an island. :2

I am with Rolf anfd Bob...I rarely smoke the same cigar in the same month, I dig the variety.

JJG
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I've tried going exclusive for a few days in a row with the same smoke . All it has led me to believe is that "Life is too short to smoke 1 cigar exclusively" . I enjoy mixing it up everytime I have a cigar

I feel the same way, and actually that's how I know I've found something I really like, when I'm eager to smoke the same cigar several times in a row.

The last time I did that was a 5pk of Trini Reyes. I smoked those exclusively until they were gone, and damn were they delicious. now that I think about it, these could easily be my "go to" smoke. I may have to pick up a box.

Chemyst
11-28-2009, 09:21 PM
CAO Brazilia or RP Edge missile(either wrapper).
The AF Short Story is another good, short smoke.

Chemyst :cool2:

Subvet642
11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
The folks here seem to have a wide range of tastes, as well as a vast range of knowledge. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to give their time to help me along, and point me in directions that I otherwise wouldn't know even existed, and give me the confidence to, perhaps go off in a direction of my own.

streetglide
11-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I like Flor de Oliva Gold, Perdomo Fresco, and 5 Vegas gold. All low budget and inho, tasty. :tu

goalie204
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I am with Rolf anfd Bob...I rarely smoke the same cigar in the same month, I dig the variety.

:tpd: never smoked the same thing 2 days in a row..yet.

cabinets
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
El Baton and Camacho Monarc.

troutbreath
11-29-2009, 06:28 PM
I probably need to smoke every day to have an everyday smoke. But, I don't.

When I am looking in the humidor for something good and inexpensive, though, I pick up a RyJ Habana Reserve, a Padron 5000, Sancho Panza DM, or CAO Brazilia.

Gary
01-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I think it's gonna be:

Hoyo De Monterrey Petit
$1.00 per stick.

Going to order a box or two.

maninblack
01-29-2010, 11:33 PM
My everyday smoke is whatever catches my eye when I open of of the humidors. Usually for just running around the house or running errands, its a 5 Vegas Classic or any Hoyo.

Tashaz
01-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I rotate between Monte No5, RASCC, JLP Caz & Siglo 1.

eber
01-30-2010, 08:42 AM
lately I have been working my way through a couple bundles, Arganese Presidente Maduro figurado, and Gran Habano 3 Siglos. Both can be had for for a reasonable price on sale

whodeeni
01-30-2010, 09:04 AM
Did you get those on the monster? (Arganese)Which reminds me, i need to open my box!:D

lately I have been working my way through a couple bundles, Arganese Presidente Maduro figurado, and Gran Habano 3 Siglos. Both can be had for for a reasonable price on sale

eber
01-30-2010, 09:25 AM
yes I got the arganese on monster, a bundle of 30 for $40 I think

ripper
01-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Rocky Patel Rosado toro is my primo. Available at Famous:
http://www.famous-smoke.com/rocky+patel+rosado+toro+cigars/item+24475
Oodles of moderate spicy flavor, firm construction, easy draw, a reasonable price, and absolute consistency. The rosy wrapper is celestial.
I have been smoking cigars 48 years and RP Rosado is my everyday smoke. I have yet to be disappointed by this Rock-steady cigar.
Rocky will be on a postage stamp some day.

Blindjimme
01-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Rosado was the first Rocky I tried and I still always have some on hand. It is by far the best of theFamous "Rocky Exclusives" IMHO. Especially with some time on them. As far as everyday smokes, JLP Conservas, Party PC Esp. and Shorts.

UPHOTO
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Le Hoya Du Maire
Monti #5

and for NC I really like the TNT Alternatives of Joya De Nic and Padron Anni

CasaDooley
01-30-2010, 11:54 AM
My breakfast smoke of lately has been LFdC Selectos mostly along with PL Pans or Monti's. For afternoon/evening smokes I like to mix it up (although I have really been digging the HU Mag 48's:dr)!:ss

coach33
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Yes siiiiiiiir, those Sancho panza are the best cheapo's

Smokin Gator
01-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I don't really have a "go to" smoke as I like a good bit of variety. I can tell you the things I get antsy about if I start to run low as I do NOT want to be without them

5 Vegas Miami toro
DPG Black petite lancero (1977)
601 Green corona
DPG Blue corona gorda
MC #4
MC #2
Party Shorts
Super Partagas
Partagas de Partagas #1s
Party 898s
Boli PC

Everything else I can work around!!