PDA

View Full Version : Wolf V-Cutter

Montano
11-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Being fairly new to cigars, I have gone through a few different cutters to find one that suits me. I started with the single blade guillotine, then the double blade, then a Xikar cutter, then a punch, and now a v-cutter. I mostly preferred the punch, until this new Wolf arrived a few days ago.

It cuts my cigars with perfection. No torn caps since I've used it. I can't say that with any of my other cutters. I've tried it on a few different gauge cigars, and it works equally well on all of them. I think I've finally found the cutter for me.

The Poet
11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for this, Nick. I've had a few cheap V-cutters, but never a good one. The cheap ones work great, until they don't. Maybe some day I can get me a good one.

And no, that ain't no freakin' hint, brothers.

SkinsFanLarry
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
I agree with you 100% Nick!

I have had one since they originally were available on the market and in my opinion they are the best, bar none, v-cutters on the market and they have a great price point too!

....and they come with Xikar's life time guarantee!

Cigary
11-25-2009, 04:16 PM
I've heard good things about the Wolf and being a V Cut person for the last 10 years I think it's the best kind of cut out there after using a punch, Palio, Xikar and others. I use the Boston V Cutter that is a cat's eye in which I think is even better than the conventional V Cut because it cuts deeper in the middle of the cigar. There is some speculation that you don't use a V cut on a torpedo or similar shape cigar and they couldn't be more wrong. The only cigar I don't use a V cut on is when the RG is 56 or more. I think a V cut on a torpedo works great.

Montano
11-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Interesting... never thought of using a v-cut on a torpedo. In fact, the only reason I have a Xikar is to cut torpedos. I'll have to give it a try.

68TriShield
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I use this one for my thinner RG cigars. It's the only V Cutter I have.
The big advantage to me is it saves the shoulder of the cap.
Maybe I should explore a larger one...hmm :)
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/68Trishield/DSCN0515.jpg

duckmanco
11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Just got my Wolf V cutter a few weeks back, and its quality all the way, never ruins the cap and cuts clean. Its apparently made/handled by Xikar, and while not up to the Xi level of detail, the 10.00 wolf v cutter flat out works, if of course you like V cuts. I make two v cuts, sort of a cross on the cap, and that seems to really open up the smoke.

All that said, I still like a double bladed guillotine better.

SkinsFanLarry
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Just got my Wolf V cutter a few weeks back, and its quality all the way, never ruins the cap and cuts clean. Its apparently made/handled by Xikar, and while not up to the Xi level of detail, the 10.00 wolf v cutter flat out works, if of course you like V cuts. I make two v cuts, sort of a cross on the cap, and that seems to really open up the smoke.

All that said, I still like a double bladed guillotine better.

I do that on any cigar 54 or larger.

roughrider
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Everyone raves about this cutter.