PDA

View Full Version : Converting Outlook to vcard

bobarian
11-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Need help converting Outlook address book to vcard. Any simple solutions?

mosesbotbol
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
To individual VCards?

Looks like there are a few free download tools to do so. You'll have to export your contacts as a CSV file first.

bobarian
11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
To individual VCards?

Looks like there are a few free download tools to do so. You'll have to export your contacts as a CSV file first.

Thanks Moses. The free software I have found only does 5 at a time. I have almost 1000 contacts to export.

mosesbotbol
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks Moses. The free software I have found only does 5 at a time. I have almost 1000 contacts to export.

Keep looking or pony up some dollars, but at least you know how it is done.

Why do they need to be V-Cards if you don't mind me asking?

kydsid
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
To individual vCards? No. Outlook only allows one contact per vCard, using the export feature for each one.

Address Book on OSX allows the entire contact list to be exported into one vCard.

EDIT: ahh ok what you need Bob is Kontact. Only program I know that will do what you are looking to do. Thing is Kontact is part of KDE which I have only ever used in Linux. I know there is a Windows and Mac version of KDE. You'll have to see, it may or may not be as simple as installing Kontact.

mosesbotbol
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Try this one?

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/csv-to-vcard-converter.html

bobarian
11-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks Moses, I'll try that one tomorrow. Otherwise I will just let the clerical type it in manually, that's what they are there for anyways! :r;s