PDA

View Full Version : Double Flames Slide Lighter Review

kaelaria
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
http://cigarobsession.com/wp-content/gallery/doubleflames/20091122_lighters_0013.jpg

This fairly heft lighter offers both a jet torch and a natural flame in one unit. The two flames are independent of each other, both in actuation and adjustment. The bottom holds the refill valve and two adjustment screws for the flames. The torch is lit by depressing the top button which slides the top cover back and starts ignition. The natural flame is then lit optionally by depressing the side button. You may then release the top slide, shutting down the torch, for a nice gentle flame. It offers good burn time for both options, but with no visible reservoir you must be diligent about filling.

Savor the Stick
11-23-2009, 01:38 AM
Who makes this lighter?:confused:

kaelaria
11-23-2009, 05:36 AM
I got it online just google for it. I don't know if 'Double Flames' is the brand, or if the brand is just never advertised.

Cigary
11-23-2009, 06:26 AM
http://www.buylighters.com/Double-Flames-Slide-Lighter_p_693.html

This is the link and I just ordered it today. I love the idea of having both types of lights,,torch and flame. I prefer a flame to light my cigars as a torch sometimes will burn too hot and a soft flame is probably one of the best lights for lighting a cigar because it isn't going to burn too hot. I didn't see a warranty to this model but I have 14 Ronsons in reserve in case this thing turns out to be a POS.

kaelaria
11-23-2009, 06:37 AM
It's definitely not a POS, you'll enjoy it!!

Cigary
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
It's definitely not a POS, you'll enjoy it!!

Thx for the tip, Bryan. I am looking forward to this lighter as I have about 30 of them laying around. ( yes, I like lighters and collect them)

roughrider
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I got got one a few weeks ago. It was dead on arrival. They sent a replacement which really wasn't any better. It took several tries to get it to light. It has a mind of its own. It pretty much lights when it wants to light. I'll be sending both of them back. I guess it's hit or miss with these.

Cigary
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I got got one a few weeks ago. It was dead on arrival. They sent a replacement which really wasn't any better. It took several tries to get it to light. It has a mind of its own. It pretty much lights when it wants to light. I'll be sending both of them back. I guess it's hit or miss with these.

Will cross my fingers. What kind of fuel are putting in yours? I always put 5x butane and pretty much always have great luck. First thing I do is purge any new lighter because they don't really come with a full tank because of the new S/H laws. Put the screw all the way to minus and purge until it's all empty and then put the screw to the plus side all the way and refill. Add another 3 second burst afterwards to ensure a full tank and wait a few minutes and then it should be good to go.

roughrider
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I always use Vector which is pretty much top of the line fuel. It's works great in all my other lighters both cheap and expensive. I'm not new to lighters so I know/follow the steps you've outlined. Hope yours is trouble free.