PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is everybody doing?

shilala
11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I've been out of the loop for so long here that I have no clue what everyone's doing with themselves nowadays.
I'm just laying around, wearing out the couch, eating pills and getting shots in the ass (Vinnie is not involved.)
My new girlfriend Lisa is incredible, my daughter Rebekah is pulling her normal 97% average in school, my cat thinks he's a dog, and I'm bored out of my mind cause I can't do anystuff I wanna do.
I am going to spend the best part of the next week in Ohio visiting Lisa, so that's a plus. She's moving into her new house she just built, and we're going to spend some time in front of the fireplace.
So I thought this would be a good opportunity to live vicariously through you guys.
What are you all up to?
How's the kids and wife and dog and stuff?

The Poet
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I have no kids (that I know of, anyway), I have no wife, and I have no dog. I do have some stuff, but it's mostly crap. Bottom line, I have no life, so I'm not doing a heck of a lot.

Does that make you feel better, brother? :r

G G
11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Not much new here Scott, sent a few bombs a while back, attended Epic Herf 2 which was great. Started a new part time job and quit a week later. It wasn't what I thought it would be. That's all I got.

marge796
11-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Nothing shaking around here. It's sounds like your doing a better which is good to know. Any late breaking news out of good old Dubois? I thought we were going to make it back there for Thanksgiving but no such luck.

tobii3
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Let's see, dog thinks he's a cat, wife is on the warpath because I goofed up (again), and daughter's tuition is still killing my cigar budget.

So, in other words.....Same as always.

:r

something to think about - you COULD be taking shots at and having pills shoved in yer.....uh...wait a minute.....

poker
11-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Just helping DPD6030 try to find out who someone is :)

RightAJ
11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, since you posted this I have had 3 kids, 2 grandkids, started my own business, sold that for a large profit, ate dinner in every 5 star restaurant in the world, and smoked a few CC's with Fidel.

JK I am bored out of my mind too :D

aj

ZJB
11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Sitting around waiting for material to get in the local lumber yard ordered the wrong stuff and on another job the homeowner did the ordering his self from Home Depot, needless to say I'm not seeing that stuff till mid Dec.

Self employed G.C. got nothing but time right now gotta few bids out waiting to see if anything else pops. Stayed real busy all summer did a couple additions and a major kitchen renovation.

I cover all of N.J. and Eastern Pa. BTW

LeoM
11-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Hmm, well let's see.

Company I work for is in negotiations to sell out to a competitor, so most of my work-time is with lawyers and the owners, managers, etc., trying to make sure everyone still has a job (especially me) if it goes through. Lady I was seeing broke things off (apparently I spend too much time at work). Been living at the gym when not at work to reduce stress (which has an up side of keeping my fat a$$ in half-way decent shape :D). And the holidays are coming, which I'm thinking are not gonna be all that merry this year!

That's about it brother.....Just remember...you asked :D.

tsolomon
11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
In the process of painting the dining room before we have the in-laws over for Thanksgiving. The wife earned a second obedience title with one of our dogs yesterday. The daughter is still waiting to hear if she got a job with DOD and I'm planning on raking the leaves this weekend.

What I really need to do is think of something to buy the wife for Xmas. :D

Starscream
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm at work, getting ready to leave. The kids, 8, 7, and 2, are all at school and day care. The wife is working until 6 tonight. I got three hours of sleep last night, had to work a full day, then have to come back and work game duty for the basketball games tonight. I want to sleep, but no luck. I guess the lack of sleep was worth it though (went to the Panthers game).

shilala
11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
The wife earned a second obedience title with one of our dogs yesterday.
That, my dear sir, is priceless.
Had my wife earned just one obedience title, I'd probably still be married. :tu

Skywalker
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm just sitting around reading your drug induced posts!!!

Pop another pill, funny man!!!:rolleyes:

SilverFox
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Hmmmmmmmm lets see

Got up the this morning and took the recycling and garbage to the curb (its trash day)

Came in and fired up the stove and made Egg McMuffins for the kids (well they call them Egg McMuffins but they are way better IMHO)

Made a batch of double chocolate raspberry cookies for the kids.

Went outside and strung up my new LED Christmas lights......over 2300 bulbs out there guiding Santa in this year.

Went upstairs and took apart the piano and fixed one of the keys that my son popped out. (**** me it was a ***** getting into that thing)

Tossed my daughter in the tub to clean a few days grime off of her.

Signed for a package of Cigar accessories, some lighters and punches.

Put up a for sale thread on CA and replied to a few PM's and emails.

Threw a load of wash into the machine while Piper is in the tub.

Now headed back to the kitchen to fire up some lunch for Piper and Drew (Drew has the day off school today)

Not bad for a half day..................the life of a stay at home dad.......I have to admit I have it pretty good.

Hope your feeling better amigo.

shilala
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm just sitting around reading your drug induced posts!!!

Pop another pill, funny man!!!:rolleyes:

Dood, I haven't even had a stupid pill yet. I gotta drive to Ohio in 15 minutes. I'd like to keep her between the ditches. :tu

csbrewfisher
11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I've been mostly out of the loop here myself Scott. Trying to get back in, but it seems to be difficult for some reason.

Anyway, my bride of 15 months and I have just been living in God's grace and enjoying life to the fullest. The kids are mostly doing very well. We have one that's struggling in school, and some other areas of life, but we're doing our best to gently guide.

The dogs are doing well since having 27 teeth pulled between the two of them. They eat softer food now. They have switched owner allegiances since the wedding, and they really love each other too.

I've been involved in a once monthly worship outreach to hardcore bikers, playing guitar. That's a kick in the pants.

Work is going well, but we've had a bit of a misunderstanding with our founder who is retiring in February. It's a sticky situation but we'll get through it.

We had a sprinkler anti-siphon valve explode last month and dump about 300 gallons of water into a window well, which then flooded 4 rooms of our finished basement. I'm hoping the contractors finish the restoration next week, because...

We have family coming from Michigan, New Mexico and Durango Colorado for Thanksgiving. We'll have 16 for Thanksgiving this year.

Other than that, not much going on.

tobii3
11-20-2009, 02:00 PM

:r

Starscream
11-20-2009, 10:52 PM

:r:r:r:banger

theonlybear4CORT
11-20-2009, 11:38 PM
I just farted and it felt wet :(

Savor the Stick
11-21-2009, 12:31 AM
I just farted and it felt wet :(

TMI Mikey:td:td

LasciviousXXX
11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
I've just been working a lot and drinking a lot and having a decent amount of sex...... with my wife :tu

That pretty much sums up XXX :D

Oh! And I've been eating a lot of sushi as well

DrDubzz
11-21-2009, 12:43 AM
mostly I been killin fools on MW2

LasciviousXXX
11-21-2009, 12:48 AM
Why are you never on when I'm on??? LOL

I was doing fairly well earlier today in Team Deathmatch

icehog3
11-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I've just been working a lot and drinking a lot and having a decent amount of sex

Spending a lot of time alone, eh Brother?

:r :r

theonlybear4CORT
11-21-2009, 12:53 AM

:r:r

LasciviousXXX
11-21-2009, 12:55 AM

Dreamin' of you big guy :tu

icehog3
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM
Dreamin' of you big guy :tu

Sproing!!!! :r

theonlybear4CORT
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM
HAHAHAHA I actually choked on my "beverage"

LasciviousXXX
11-21-2009, 12:59 AM
:D hehe

Tom and I have a Love/Love relationship LOL :tf

icehog3
11-21-2009, 12:59 AM
HAHAHAHA I actually choked on my "beverage"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

icehog3
11-21-2009, 01:00 AM
:D hehe

Tom and I have a Love/Love relationship LOL :tf

:banger

theonlybear4CORT
11-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Damn that Chipmunk

shilala
11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I think it's safe to say Dustin and Tom are finished espousing their manlove.
What's everybody else doing?
I gotta go to Ohio today. Lisa is moving into her new house today, and I gotta go watch and take tools and a trailer and all kinds of stuff over there.
At least that's my grand plan. I'm about half packed and ready to go take a nap.

Volt
11-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Hmmm, putting miles on the scoot with my Brothers, smokings a few sticks as I blow leaves and leaves and more leaves. I just need to figure out how to ride and smoke and then the perfect motorcycle ride can happen.

On the work side, wanting to kill myself as I have to work with more 7th graders again this week. Not that I ever doubted my decsion to not have kids, but having to teach them has convinced me that life is way better with out them.

On a good note, I have cigars due in from cbid this week :)

TripleF
11-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Attended Epic Herf II. It was EPIC!! :tu
Gettin' ready for Turkay Day and the holidays.
Looking forward to going hunting, duck hunting, for the first time ever. And It's also been 28 years since I've been hunting.
Wife's good. Just got back from MD visiting her daughters new baby.
Other daughter is good.
Step-son is in Kuwait, on his way home from his 4th tour in Iraq :banger

Smokin' a few sticks. Other than that.......not much.

Glad to hear you're hangin' in there!!

G G
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Gotta work thanksgiving day for the 3rd year straight. Some body has to be here though.

Wanger
11-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Hmmm...Well, 3 of the 5 members of our household have had H1N1, with a possible 4th having a VERY mild case last week (I'm the only one spared completely so far). My wife and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary Friday. The "horsedog" (Great Dane) is still a pain in the arse, the cats still complain like kids about not getting enough food, my 2 leopard geckos have died ( :(), and my 4 snakes are still very healthy. We're driving to Florida for Christmas, and I hope to herf with a few of those guys down there over that time. And...oh yeah...I almost forgot...Don got me beat up pretty badly: OUCH!!!!! (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24066)

gettysburgfreak
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm trying to make it through the rest of the academy. Got 4 weeks left in the basic part, then another 8 in Spanish before heading home for a few days in February then driving cross country to San Diego for some time on the southern border.

Slavac
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm being buried with school :/

Silound
11-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Hmmm, life as I know it, surely not much to show of it.
I have no kids, no house, no dog, not even a lonely pet frog.
I get up early and go to work...where people tell me I'm a jerk.
To an empty apartment, I go home at night...but I'm even too scared to tun off the light.
I smoke till I choke, and drink till I stink...toilet's broke, so I go in the sink.
(Ok, not really, I made up that line, I just liked the way it rhymed)
I sit on my couch like a lazy slouch, my friends call me Oscar the Grouch.
I make less money than the bill requires, and then last week some jerk cut my tires.
I hope you laughed at my little skit....cause I'm fvcking tired of writing this chit! ;)

I feel so creative tonight!

gbum
11-24-2009, 03:19 AM
life?
struggling to earn enough money for marriage
struggling to earn my postgraduate degree
living alone with no pet..thinking of buying fish...
totally upset for letting go my bike...

currently..
taking crash course to get a certificate as certified trainer for Autocad...
thinking upgrading my dslr but no budget...
haven't smoke for 21 days!!!

crap..

shilala
12-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Just seeing if anyone else has anything to ***** about. :)
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday that went real well. Have another one today, hoping that goes well. Then I have another one Friday that's not going to go well.
If the one on Friday goes anything like the last time I saw those guys, I'm gonna schedule with the vet Saturday and pay the sixty bucks to have myself put to sleep.

Aside from my health sucking up a storm, everything else is awesome.
Got Lisa moved into her new house last week, had tons of fun out there, got home and caught up on my sleep and work, and my buddy came over and helped me clean the house yesterday.
I've got some odds and ends to do before I head out for the doctor's appointment, and I'm finally backing up all my computer stuff to one of those 500gb portable hard drives so I can put it in the fire safe.
That way I won't lose all my pics and stuff if the house burns down.
After that, I plan to install a fresh operating system and make my life a living hell for a week or so. That's always a hoot.
It'll be a pleasure once it's done though.
Once I'm backed up, I may just be able to dig all the problems out and won't have to go to such painful lengths. I think it'll go well. :tu