PDA

View Full Version : Palio Replacement Options?

Kreth
11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Lately I've been having some issues with my Palio. About half the time, the tabs that slide into the opposite end of the track will fold back, preventing the blades from closing completely and resulting in a ragged cut.
I'm sure the shop where I purchased my Palio would replace it no questions asked, but they're about an hour and a half away. So my question, how much of a stickler is Palio for doing returns through a retailer? Will they do a direct return/replacement?
Posted via Mobile Device

kenstogie
11-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Lately I've been having some issues with my Palio. About half the time, the tabs that slide into the opposite end of the track will fold back, preventing the blades from closing completely and resulting in a ragged cut.
I'm sure the shop where I purchased my Palio would replace it no questions asked, but they're about an hour and a half away. So my question, how much of a stickler is Palio for doing returns through a retailer? Will they do a direct return/replacement?
Posted via Mobile Device

I emailed Palio because one of the emblems fell out and the President of the company emailed me back who was glad to send me a new one. I had it within 2 days and he gave me two. I am sure you could simply send it back.

roughrider
11-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I really like the Cuban Crafters cutter. Bryan Glenn did a review on it. It's on Youtube.

kelmac07
11-08-2009, 12:36 PM
I emailed Palio because one of the emblems fell out and the President of the company emailed me back who was glad to send me a new one. I had it within 2 days and he gave me two. I am sure you could simply send it back.

Same mere...I emailed Marc (OpusX) and he mailed me a few replacement emblems. But the deal can easily swap it out as well. Great customer service from Palio. :tu :tu

Poronico
11-08-2009, 12:57 PM
*Cough* Cough* Xikar :r

Kreth
11-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I really like the Cuban Crafters cutter. Bryan Glenn did a review on it. It's on Youtube.

*Cough* Cough* Xikar :r
Thanks, guys, but I'm not going to buy a new cutter when my Palio has a lifetime warranty. I've e-mailed Palio CS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don Fernando
11-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Marc will take care of you, Palio customer service is great (Davidoff should take them as an example).

Kreth
11-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Marc will take care of you, Palio customer service is great (Davidoff should take them as an example).
I was going to PM Marc (looks like he's been very responsive) but he posted a message on his profile asking people to e-mail CS.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Marc's customer service and product is wonderful. I wouldn't give my money to any other cutter company, and I have tried pretty much all of them. :2

Kreth
11-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Just out of curiosity, is the design still the same on the newer Palio cutters, with the tabs on the ends of the tracks?
Posted via Mobile Device

SmokinApe
11-08-2009, 02:02 PM
the new palio is a litter thicker and the tabs are much more sturdy...

MarkinAZ
11-08-2009, 02:24 PM
My Palio is still a cuttin':tu

Kreth
11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
My Palio is still a cuttin':tu
Each time the tabs bind on me, I'll flatten them back down and get one or two perfect cuts. Then I'll forget to check the tabs and BAM, usually on a cigar with a small cap to begin with.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
the new palio is a litter thicker and the tabs are much more sturdy...

The action also seems smoother than the earlier version.

Darrell
11-08-2009, 04:27 PM
You guys e-mailed Palio because your BOTL shields fell off? It's a $30 cutter, not a Rolex. :r

Tenor CS
11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
You guys e-mailed Palio because your BOTL shields fell off? It's a $30 cutter, not a Rolex. :r

LOL. But, considering how many of us started with el cheapo $5-10 cutters before upgrading to something more serious, $30+ is a pretty good amount of money to lay out for a cutter. If I was spending 6x more than I was used to, I'd expect it to be PERFECT as well. And, AFAIK, Palio has always made good on replacement shields.

kelmac07
11-08-2009, 05:00 PM

I hear ya Darrell...but mine fell off two hours after I bought it!!!

Darrell
11-08-2009, 05:11 PM
LOL, I'm just razzing you guys. Mine fell off my black one and I did not even notice it. :r

Volt
11-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the newer Palio and the ends of my sliders are doing the same. I swapped out my old one cux the rails would seperate, now this isse. I need to see about sending it in as there are no Palio dealers near me as well.

Volt
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Actually when you can buy a $1 cutter all day long - the $45 I spent on mine does make it the "Rolex" version. .05 or $100, what ever I pay for anything I expect to get what I pay for. I'm not the Red Cross giving my money away. I'm just glad they are a great company with a great warranty.

kelmac07
11-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I have the newer Palio and the ends of my sliders are doing the same. I swapped out my old one cux the rails would seperate, now this isse. I need to see about sending it in as there are no Palio dealers near me as well.

Your favorite store "Bonds" is an autorized Palio dealer.

Kreth
11-09-2009, 06:42 AM
OK, I'm impressed. I got an e-mail from Marc @ 7 am. I just need to send the cutter in with a printed copy of the e-mail for confirmation, and they'll replace it. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

md4958
11-09-2009, 06:46 AM
OK, I'm impressed. I got an e-mail from Marc @ 7 am. I just need to send the cutter in with a printed copy of the e-mail for confirmation, and they'll replace it. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats Marc for you. The guy is top-notch :tu

kenstogie
11-09-2009, 06:53 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

I hate to say I told you so.... Oh wait no I don't :D

I TOLD YOU SO.

Palio does it right, that's for sure.

Volt
11-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Your favorite store "Bonds" is an autorized Palio dealer.

So their site say, but I have never seen them in there for a swap.....

Volt
11-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Same thing Marc did for me on my first Palio. More the reason to buy from them than say Davidoff/AVO..... just saying :)

klipsch
11-09-2009, 07:49 AM
If Palio made lighters...my lighter would be a Palio too.

GTsetGO
11-09-2009, 08:46 AM
So their site say, but I have never seen them in there for a swap.....

they are, but there is never a big want for them so they cut the stock down. who knows why the want isn't there.

Don Fernando
11-09-2009, 08:47 AM

I TOLD YOU SO.

No, I TOLD YOU SO. :p

Volt
11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
they are, but there is never a big want for them so they cut the stock down. who knows why the want isn't there.

I guess to the unknowing the difference a good cutter can make, ehwn your looking at a $3 cutter or a $35/$45 Palio it gets hard to make that big a plop on a cutter. "Some times" buying the better grade item is the cheaper choice. Less mangled sticks, less buying cutters as the blades get dull, the cheaper ones are sloppy and have bad tolerances.....

Kreth
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM

I TOLD YOU SO.

I was pretty confident they would take care of me after reading some other Palio threads. I wanted to make sure I posted their response, because you can never say too much about good CS. Companies like Palio, Cigarmony, Taboo, and CI (to name a few) will continue to get my business on CS alone. As for companies like Avo/Davidoff, well...
Posted via Mobile Device

Don Fernando
11-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Same thing Marc did for me on my first Palio. More the reason to buy from them than say Davidoff/AVO..... just saying :)

if only Palio made punches. I pmmed Marc though to see if they have plans for punches in the near future.

tsolomon
11-09-2009, 09:37 AM
I just don't get a clean cut with my Palio anymore, so I have switched back to my Xikar. It's too bad as it was a great cutter, but now it tends to crush rather than cut. I would like to mail it back to Palio as there isn't a retailer close to me.

Kreth
11-09-2009, 09:41 AM
I just don't get a clean cut with my Palio anymore, so I have switched back to my Xikar. It's too bad as it was a great cutter, but now it tends to crush rather than cut. I would like to mail it back to Palio as there isn't a retailer close to me.
E-mail them: info@paliocutter.com
Posted via Mobile Device

GTsetGO
11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
I guess to the unknowing the difference a good cutter can make, ehwn your looking at a $3 cutter or a $35/$45 Palio it gets hard to make that big a plop on a cutter. "Some times" buying the better grade item is the cheaper choice. Less mangled sticks, less buying cutters as the blades get dull, the cheaper ones are sloppy and have bad tolerances.....

I agree with you whole heartedly. I am just saying that they weren't a selling cutter for the shop.

Hell, there is a reason i have a Xikar MTX, XIkar XI and a Palio sitting in my humi. :D

I have been a few shops where the "house cutter" more or less popped the end of the cigar off as if i was popping a zit back in my high school days rather than cut it off. Lesson learned and i carry a cutter with me whenever i go out to smoke.

Volt
11-09-2009, 01:16 PM
The only thing I typically use at a B&M is a Vector tri pump torch. I want one so bad but right now it would be so excessive for me to buy that I cannot. One day maybe. They light the stick fast and hot, just love them. Pics at the link

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Single_Flame_Torch.618/Vector_Torch.1055/

poriggity
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
The only thing I typically use at a B&M is a Vector tri pump torch. I want one so bad but right now it would be so excessive for me to buy that I cannot. One day maybe. They light the stick fast and hot, just love them. Pics at the link

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Single_Flame_Torch.618/Vector_Torch.1055/

:confused::confused::confused: I thought this thread was about cutters LOL!
Scott

CigarNut
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Single_Flame_Torch.618/Vector_Torch.1055/I hae one of these puppies and I love it; when I bring it to herfs I always get questions about it.

Volt
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
:confused::confused::confused: I thought this thread was about cutters LOL!
Scott

Yep, typical cigar thread hijack - I are guilty :D

I hae one of these puppies and I love it; when I bring it to herfs I always get questions about it.

I wanna herf with you!

MedicCook
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
I can't wait to get my Palio. Waiting for that Esencia package to come out.

Kreth
11-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Bumping this back up. I received a brand new cutter today from Palio. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

Skywalker
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Bumping this back up. I received a brand new cutter today from Palio. :tu
Posted via Mobile Device

That's great news!!!:tu

sjnovakovich
11-16-2009, 04:24 PM
My Palio has fallen apart. Who is it that I email?

T.G
11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
My Palio has fallen apart. Who is it that I email?

info@paliocutter.com or you can just take it in to any cigar shop that is an authorized Palio dealer and they will exchange it on the spot.

MarkinAZ
11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Bumping this back up. I received a brand new cutter today from Palio. :tu Posted via Mobile Device

Always good to hear that customer service still rules:banger

Kreth
11-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Always good to hear that customer service still rules:banger
They've certainly earned my repeat business. I may put this one in the golf bag for next season and pick up one of the newer models for regular use.
Posted via Mobile Device

Freelee711
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Anyone clean their palio? I've had mine for about a year and a half. Granted it wasn't used for about a year ;s but I figured I should give it a wash or something.

Darrell
12-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Anyone clean their palio? I've had mine for about a year and a half. Granted it wasn't used for about a year ;s but I figured I should give it a wash or something.

On the blades I use rubbing alcohol on a q tip.

Kreth
12-01-2009, 04:21 PM
I just take a Q-tip to mine every couple of months, but they're supposed to be top-rack dishwasher safe.
Posted via Mobile Device

SkinsFanLarry
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM

That's the same thing I do, also put some WD 40 on a q-tip and run it down the side channels.

kelmac07
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM

I do this everytime after I herf!!! Cuts like a champ!!