PDA

View Full Version : Davidoff customer service SUCK!!!!

Don Fernando
11-08-2009, 11:53 AM
A few weeks ago Volt bombed me a very nice (and expensive) Avo punch

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/cs_donfernando/bombs/tobii%20volt%20borndead/DSC02610.jpg

2 days after I got it, my dad comes over, decides to take a closer look at it. He didn't know it was a twist mechanism and pulls on the puncher. He didn't even pull hard, but the plastic in the mechanism breaks.

I asked Michael (Volt) to get in touch with the dealer to see if there was warrenty, and the answer from Davidoff was no. They even had the nerve to ask if he needed to know the nearest Davidoff dealer. What were they thinking? That I'm gonna spend money on a company with such a crap customerservice?

**** Davidoff & Avo. I have some Avo cigars in my collection, they will be bombing material, I refuse to smoke them anymore.

longknocker
11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
A few weeks ago Volt bombed me a very nice (and expensive) Avo punch

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/cs_donfernando/bombs/tobii%20volt%20borndead/DSC02610.jpg

2 days after I got it, my dad comes over, decides to take a closer look at it. He didn't know it was a twist mechanism and pulls on the puncher. He didn't even pull hard, but the plastic in the mechanism breaks.

I asked Michael (Volt) to get in touch with the dealer to see if there was warrenty, and the answer from Davidoff was no. They even had the nerve to ask if he needed to know the nearest Davidoff dealer. What were they thinking? That I'm gonna spend money on a company with such a crap customerservice?

**** Davidoff & Avo. I have some Avo cigars in my collection, they will be bombing material, I refuse to smoke them anymore.

Sorry For The Service Issue, Ferdie; I Always Thought Davidoff Was A Class Act.:mad:

kelmac07
11-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry to hear Ferdie!! :td And they make such fine sticks.

Santesyu
11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
oh noes :( that sucks.. ;3

RightAJ
11-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Grr!! I hate bad customer service.

On the flip side, I have had fantastic experiences with Oliva, Xikar and Zippo. Customer service is almost as important to me as the actual product.

Sorry about that Don..

aj

Kreth
11-08-2009, 04:56 PM
What exactly did they say? That there's no warranty, or that it couldn't have been broken that way through "normal use?" Not that it matters, either is poor CS.
Posted via Mobile Device

Volt
11-08-2009, 05:20 PM
The return email to me is below. This punch really does operate like no other. Easy to break if your not aware of it's properties. Some sort of twist action vrs a pull to open it up. While maybe by the book, they aren't obligated to repair/replace it, they should take a note on customer service from Palio and Xikar. Palio punch maybe?

I would tell you this punch for as great as it looks, as sharp as it is, isn't worth your money as there is no warranty even it was to break through no fault of your own. Top of the line name brand operating like a budget line IMO. I mean how much can they possibly cost from China, $2.00?

Dear Mr. Melton,

This is in reference to your e-mail dated November 2, 2009 regarding an Avo cutter. This particular cutter is not a warranted product and can not be repaired. You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.

If I can be of any further assistance you can contact me directly at 800-232-8436 ext. #414 or e-mail

XXXXX@davidoffusa.com

Regards

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Client Services Manager

Kreth
11-08-2009, 05:34 PM
That's ridiculous. I enjoyed the one Avo cigar I tried. Shame it will be the last.
Posted via Mobile Device

Volt
11-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Grr!! I hate bad customer service.

On the flip side, I have had fantastic experiences with Oliva, Xikar and Zippo. Customer service is almost as important to me as the actual product.

Sorry about that Don..

aj

Actually customer service is more important. You may get my $$$ once, but great customer service will get me back the second and third time. Even though I have had a few issues with my Palios, the 100% warranty makes up for it. I have bought them as gifts as I know should there ever be an issue, they will be taken care of.

Smokin Gator
11-08-2009, 05:59 PM
This is in reference to your e-mail dated November 2, 2009 regarding an Avo cutter. This particular cutter is not a warranted product and can not be repaired. You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.

If I can be of any further assistance you can contact me directly at 800-232-8436 ext. #414 or e-mail

That is total bull crap right there. You won't find me buying anything from them in the future.

Cigary
11-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Terrible Customer Service and as big as they are to thumb their nose at you is beyond ridiculous. Not that I buy this brand but now I have a reason not to buy any,,,ever!

md4958
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Ferdie. It was a beautiful gesture by Michael though :tu

icehog3
11-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Dear Mr. Melton,

You can however purchase another one from your nearest Davidoff retailer. If you need to locate your nearest retailer I will be able to provide you with that information.

What a complete load of chit.

roughrider
11-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Shoot them an e-mail back and let them know that other companies like Palio and Xikar stand behind their products with a lifetime no-questions asked guarantee. Let 'em know that you're dissatisfied with their lack of service and poor response and that you'll discourage fellow BOTL from doing business with AVO and Davidoff. Include a link to this thread and maybe it will encourage them to rethink their policies.

Poor customer service & warranty should never be tolerated, especially in this economy.

I bought 1 AVO cigar a few months ago and it will be my last.

Don Fernando
11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
I could understand their point of view if the punch was a few years old, or if it was handled with brutal force, but neither of that is the case. I will email them with a link to this topic, a link to the topic on my blog, links to the 3 Dutch boards and I might even copy the OP to puff to get as much bad publicity for Davidoff as possible.

DPD6030
11-09-2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad customer service. I take pride in a company who warranties and backs their products 100%. :td for Davidoff and you have no worries as I never bought a stick of theirs and NEVER plan to based upon the lack of customer service.

I've had issues with my xikar punch and they replaced it with a brand new one no questions asked. Palio covers it 100% as well. Davidoff might learn soemthing from these other more reputable companies :2

mosesbotbol
11-09-2009, 07:47 AM
That's sad is this will be all over the forums as it should. There are many ways they could've handled it.

Suprised they licensed such a low quality piece.

If indeed there was no warranty and they don't want to stand behind it, they could've at least sent you a couple cigars for your disappoinment.

kydsid
11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
That's sad is this will be all over the forums as it should. There are many ways they could've handled it.

Suprised they licensed such a low quality piece.

If indeed there was no warranty and they don't want to stand behind it, they could've at least sent you a couple cigars for your disappoinment.

I think that is the crux here. Palio and Xikar are cutter companies. Davidoff is a cigar company. I doubt they are manufacturing this punch. They are just selling/licensing the product with their brand name.

Regardless there should be a repair option/free replacement/free cigars/coupon for a discount. Anything other than you are SOL and would you like to buy another.

pmwz
11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
the email by the client service manager is almost rude. he basicly says we dont believe in our products but if you do shove another bill up our ass.
never had a davidoff or davo. dont like their high end image and pricing.

bobarian
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
You could post the actual email here and we could flood Davidoff CS with emails regarding their lack of service and inferior product. This may prompt some action on their part. :2

Don Fernando
11-09-2009, 10:28 AM
I send Davidoff CS an email, if their answer isn't any better then the answer they gave Michael, I will post the reply including the mailaddy.

Silound
11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Wait a minute people, lets not get to lynching yet!

If your local shop deals with Davidoff, take the punch to them. They can send the punch back and get it repaired free.

Davidoff does NOT deal directly with consumers, they deal via "Approved Merchants". It may be bad business practice, but you're talking about a company that's been around a LONG time. They're so old school, they wore tuxedos to the RTDA shows up until this year.

Have a little more faith and talk to your local Davidoff deal.

Zanaspus
11-09-2009, 11:12 AM

If your local shop deals with Davidoff, take the punch to them. They can send the punch back and get it repaired free.

Davidoff does NOT deal directly with consumers, they deal via "Approved Merchants". It may be bad business practice, but you're talking about a company that's been around a LONG time. They're so old school, they wore tuxedos to the RTDA shows up until this year.

Red tape and unbending stupidity does not mean good customer service imo.

Volt
11-09-2009, 11:24 AM

Red tape and unbending stupidity does not mean good customer service imo.

:tpd:

bobarian
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
:c:hn

Zanaspus
11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
:c:hn

:r:r

But seriously, any company who has the unmitigated gall to sell a 100 count humidor for $15000 ought to bend over backwards, no? I mean they are the ones who are in part responsible for cigar taxation by putting up the front that all cigar smokers have yachts and summer homes in the Hamptons.

We all know this couldn't be further from the truth as most BOTLS and SOTLS are working stiffs who suffer from this misconception.

rant off

:2

bobarian
11-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Sometimes emoticons can say it all. :tu

aich75013
11-09-2009, 12:13 PM

If that were the case, the CS Rep should have stated in the e-mail to take it to an "approved merchant" rather than we can tell you where you can purchase another one.
Where's my rope. :D

borndead1
11-09-2009, 12:21 PM
:r:r

But seriously, any company who has the unmitigated gall to sell a 100 count humidor for $15000 ought to bend over backwards, no? I mean they are the ones who are in part responsible for cigar taxation by putting up the front that all cigar smokers have yachts and summer homes in the Hamptons.

We all know this couldn't be further from the truth as most BOTLS and SOTLS are working stiffs who suffer from this misconception.

rant off

:2

GIVE THAT MAN A CIGAR!!!!

A $3 one. :D

longknocker
11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
On A Similar Note: I Deal With CI & CBID on a regular basis, as I'm Sure Most Of Us Do. If I ever have a problem with an order(Only Had 2 Problems In 3 Years), They Remedy The Situation Immediately! In Fact, They Shipped me The Wrong Sticks On A CBID order Fri. I Called The CS Rep This Morning & She Apologized Profusely And Asked What I Wanted Done. I actually wanted the sticks she sent me by mistake, so I asked to keep them and Pay a discounted, average CBID Price for them. She went One Step Better and gave them to me for $5 Off the discounted CBID Price and Is shipping my original Order Out Today! Now THAT'S Customer Service, My Friends!:tu

Cigary
11-09-2009, 02:19 PM
You could post the actual email here and we could flood Davidoff CS with emails regarding their lack of service and inferior product. This may prompt some action on their part. :2

Agreed as this is how consumers get their rights back. Davidoff needs to understand that they are in business because of those people who buy their products. They can wear Tuxedos and act like upper crust all they want but at the end of the day they still work for us.:2

icantbejon
11-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I'll just jump in with the rest and say that CS makes all the difference in the world. I hate when any type of service related business forgets that they are in the business of SERVICE. I don't even need the 100%, no questions asked, type service to be happy. Just give me the feeling that you give a damn about my problem and make some type of remedy available to me. In this case, offer me a discount on a new one. I don't need it free...specially if I'm the reason it's broke. But don't just blow me off and ask me to buy another. Very subpar response by the CS agent. Sorry Don, looks like that was a very nice punch.

covetry
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
If you decide to take it further up the chain at Davidoff, I would imagine someone would take notice. Alot of good companies sometimes pick up really shitty reps. I know from experience. I wouldn't let one bad apple spoil your view of the whole organization. I would take it further up. But that's just me.

Sorry your punch broke right after you got it. It looks nice too!

shilala
11-09-2009, 05:26 PM
On A Similar Note: I Deal With CI & CBID on a regular basis, as I'm Sure Most Of Us Do. If I ever have a problem with an order(Only Had 2 Problems In 3 Years), They Remedy The Situation Immediately! In Fact, They Shipped me The Wrong Sticks On A CBID order Fri. I Called The CS Rep This Morning & She Apologized Profusely And Asked What I Wanted Done. I actually wanted the sticks she sent me by mistake, so I asked to keep them and Pay a discounted, average CBID Price for them. She went One Step Better and gave them to me for $5 Off the discounted CBID Price and Is shipping my original Order Out Today! Now THAT'S Customer Service, My Friends!:tu
I'm thrilled to hear that, Greg.
I didn't have the same experience with cbid/CI at all. As a result, they're dead to me.
Ferd, I feel ya, brother. I seriously love me some avo #9 maduros.
There's plenty of other cigars available from real botl's. :tu

longknocker
11-09-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm thrilled to hear that, Greg.
I didn't have the same experience with cbid/CI at all. As a result, they're dead to me.
Ferd, I feel ya, brother. I seriously love me some avo #9 maduros.
There's plenty of other cigars available from real botl's. :tu

Sorry About Your Dealings With CI, Scott.:(

Poronico
11-09-2009, 06:36 PM
If you decide to take it further up the chain at Davidoff, I would imagine someone would take notice. Alot of good companies sometimes pick up really shitty reps. I know from experience. I wouldn't let one bad apple spoil your view of the whole organization. I would take it further up. But that's just me.

Sorry your punch broke right after you got it. It looks nice too!

All companies have people who handle things differently, but that letter seemed very cookie cutter... which makes me think that is the standard response for that type of issue. I have worked in some very large companies dealing in health care and we have the same issues... rather than free handing something that has a heart and some compassion you get a cold generic cookie cutter letter which sucks.

Veritas
11-11-2009, 12:36 AM
This is not what I would expect from a company of Davidoff’s stature. One of the reasons I choose a product is the reputation of the company I’m supporting. Knowing that if/when a problem with the product arises, the company will do what they can to make it right is worth paying a premium for.

Even if the item isn’t covered by a warranty, as seems to be the case here, offering to direct you to where you can purchase another one is nothing short of arrogance. I have no plans to further support this company with my consumer dollars. There are too many companies that at least give the appearance of customer appreciation to support those who do not.

Volt
11-11-2009, 04:56 AM
This is not what I would expect from a company of Davidoff’s stature. One of the reasons I choose a product is the reputation of the company I’m supporting. Knowing that if/when a problem with the product arises, the company will do what they can to make it right is worth paying a premium for.

Even if the item isn’t covered by a warranty, as seems to be the case here, offering to direct you to where you can purchase another one is nothing short of arrogance. I have no plans to further support this company with my consumer dollars. There are too many companies that at least give the appearance of customer appreciation to support those who do not.

And that is how we, the consumers win - vote with our dollars. We win every time we do this.

wayner123
11-11-2009, 06:49 AM
I send Davidoff CS an email, if their answer isn't any better then the answer they gave Michael, I will post the reply including the mailaddy.

Any word back yet?

Don Fernando
11-11-2009, 07:23 AM
No, not yet.

Joseywales
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I say make the old man pay for it. I'm sick and tired of my relatives coming over and breaking items in my home. And it's not the kids either!

Mother-in-law: broke my microwave
Father-in-law: doesn't drink. Fell of his chair and gouged two holes in my wall.
Wife's Uncle: Plopped down so hard on my couch, he broke it!
Wife's nephew (adult):couldn't open our front door with the key and broke the tumblers. Had to replace the entire lock set.
Wife's brother-in-law: plopped on my deck chair. Broke it.

OK...just kidding. Davidoff should have covered. My Xikar hyrgrometer was bad out of the box. Looks like the battery leaked and I sent it back.

But relative stories are true and they should come with warranties or insurance!! I'm sure the fact that most of the items were 13 years old had nothing to do with it :D

BigAsh
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I say make the old man pay for it. I'm sick and tired of my relatives coming over and breaking items in my home. And it's not the kids either!

Mother-in-law: broke my microwave
Father-in-law: doesn't drink. Fell of his chair and gouged two holes in my wall.
Wife's Uncle: Plopped down so hard on my couch, he broke it!
Wife's nephew (adult):couldn't open our front door with the key and broke the tumblers. Had to replace the entire lock set.
Wife's brother-in-law: plopped on my deck chair. Broke it.

OK...just kidding. Davidoff should have covered. My Xikar hyrgrometer was bad out of the box. Looks like the battery leaked and I sent it back.

But relative stories are true and they should come with warranties or insurance!! I'm sure the fact that most of the items were 13 years old had nothing to do with it :D

Hmmmmm....seems like wife's family has issues.....:r:r

Don Fernando
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
I say make the old man pay for it.

No way, my parents raised me and the cost of that (and their stuff I broke while growing up) and the things they do for me don't compare to the price of the cutter.

Joseywales
11-23-2009, 05:22 PM
No way, my parents raised me and the cost of that (and their stuff I broke while growing up) and the things they do for me don't compare to the price of the cutter.

I know. I was only kidding. And my inlaws did give me a terrific wife, so I can't complain.

str8edg
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I just caught this thread, thanks Kevin, this just makes me fricking sick

I ran a business and CS is key. I have never bought their stuff... and I will not if this is not resolved.

I am going to go throw up now....

Ranger_B
11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
CS like that is inexcusable regardless of the product in my opinion. A product should be your name and your company. I am surprised to see that from this company. I know they are high end and deal in large dollar items but if they wont back up a lower end item why would i drop bank on any of their higher priced items. Sorry man looked like a great punch.

Joseywales
11-24-2009, 06:23 AM
I have to say, it amazes me how many companies pass up these golden opportunities. Look, dad broke the darn thing. You say he pulled gently, Davidoff figures he was in a tug of war with your rottweiler. It shouldn't matter. For the small amount it would take to resolve the issue, they would get an enormous amount of positive PR. Sometimes is easy for companies to product good products, etc. But when something like this happens it's an opportunity that all the advertising dollars in the word can't immitate.

Also, there is a youtube video about social advertising. Runs about 4 minutes and the statistics about who is online, etc. is amazing. the largest growing group is 50 YOA and up. Facebook, Myspace, etc. have actually over taken p_orn as the number one hit on the Internet. Our company's product won't really benefit from social and forum-type advertising, but Davidoff...holy cow :confused:

Volt
11-24-2009, 09:11 AM
I agree, nothing can influence me in a purchasing decsion like a few comments from someone I trust. Either good or bad..... I think most of us would prefer to get our money's value out of a product, but how we are treated matters more. I will spend more (to a point the budget can handle) for better service/support. Cheaper is not always "cheaper".

Bruins Fan
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Davidoff :td

BengalMan
11-24-2009, 10:35 PM
PM sent Don, hopefully I can help get you some resolution.

Homebrewer
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
The thing that bothers me is that they bought Camacho, a cigar company I actually like. F those f%ck heads!

Don Fernando
11-25-2009, 01:35 AM
The thing that bothers me is that they bought Camacho, a cigar company I actually like. F those f%ck heads!

:tpd: not smoking anymore Davidoff or Avo, well, that is not hard. Not smoking any Camacho, hmmmm, guess there is a price to pay for principles.

Thanks Ian, I don't think it will be resolved, they don't even bother to reply to my email.

Don Fernando
12-15-2009, 07:49 AM
A few weeks ago, Paul (php007) send me a pm and told me he had a few of these punches extra and offered to send me one. Today it arrived. Thank you very much Paul.

Don Fernando
08-27-2011, 06:32 AM
The owner of a B&M in The Netherlands saw the same topic on my Dutch board. He got in touch with Pronk Import, the exclusive Davidoff distributer in The Netherlands a few months ago. Earlier this week I got a call from the B&M owner (Yuri Dijkstra from www.thesaloon.eu ) and an email from a Pronk representative, they replaced the punch. They couldn't get the AVO punch, but I am getting a Zino punch.

Davidoff USA could and should learn something from Pronk and The Saloon.

BigAsh
08-27-2011, 06:33 PM
The owner of a B&M in The Netherlands saw the same topic on my Dutch board. He got in touch with Pronk Import, the exclusive Davidoff distributer in The Netherlands a few months ago. Earlier this week I got a call from the B&M owner (Yuri Dijkstra from www.thesaloon.eu ) and an email from a Pronk representative, they replaced the punch. They couldn't get the AVO punch, but I am getting a Zino punch.

Davidoff USA could and should learn something from Pronk and The Saloon.

wow....nice!....now send me all those Davidoffs you won't smoke!

irratebass
08-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Very sorry to hear this Ferdinand, but it sounds like you have got a resolution, or one coming, now about this quote:

I would be happy to take them off your hands.....only semi kidding :)

Don Fernando
08-28-2011, 12:52 AM
They are long gone.

irratebass
08-28-2011, 07:51 AM
HA HA, I guess so......I didn't even see the dates of these posts...:sl:rolleyes:....I'll just be over here, don't mind me.

Don Fernando
10-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I picked the new punch up yesterday, it's awesome. Big ups to the Dutch distributer of Davidoff and the B&M owner of The Saloon Almere

MrClean
10-08-2011, 04:07 PM
I picked the new punch up yesterday, it's awesome. Big ups to the Dutch distributer of Davidoff and the B&M owner of The Saloon Almere

Now THAT is CS, they didn't even sell you the punch and are making the situation right. A few bucks for a punch vs a likely long-time customer.......isn't that a no brainer?