PDA

View Full Version : RCCL Majesty of the Seas

GoodFella
11-07-2009, 08:05 PM
My girl and I are going on a cruise soon. we will be leaving out of Miami on the Majesty of the Seas. I have not been on this cruise yet. i have been on RCCL plenty of times. If any one can give me a little info on this ship from a cigar smokers point of view it would be nice.

Blueface
11-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, Majesty is what I would call a good starter cruise to get a feel for cruising.
It is a very old ship that has been refurbished but small in contrast to the ships out there today.
That said, I have had a blast the times I have been on it.
I was on it twice this year, in April and then in August.
I did the 3 day first then the four day.

For smoking, you can do so on one side of the ship designated for that on the pool deck.
The balcony rooms are quite limited on this ship but if you happen to have one, I would light up there as no one has ever said a word to me.
There is also the Viking Lounge but I have now heard it has changed to non smoking since my last trip.
There are no cigar lounges as they use to have a library to do so after 9 or 10 in the evening but they did away with the library itself when they remodeled.

Blueface
11-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Your ship.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/cmach_photo/SCAN0001-1.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/cmach_photo/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/cmach_photo/IMG_0042.jpg

Blueface
11-08-2009, 07:30 AM
....and to answer the important question, here is a relaxing cigar moment.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/cmach_photo/DSCN1194.jpg

Cigary
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I was on this ship Oct. 12-16 and it is a good ship and as far as where to smoke you can on the starboard side on the upper decks. When I was on it you could not smoke in the Viking Lounge or the libray which was a bummer because this was a recent closing from the info I got from the reps onboard. The only drawback is that you will have to be at the mercy of the tradewinds on the open decks but there is a small area where they set up the cigar humidor at night around 9 pm that if you get in that little area it buffers the winds that kick up. If you are on the 4 night cruise Key West was great because you can smoke without anybody giving you issues all over town ( not in the stores obviously )

If you are in a balcony smoke there and that would probably be the best place. I did smoke my cigar in Nassau and be sure to visit Greycliff,,,get a map so you don't miss it. Don't let the other cigar places around town talk you into buying "fauxhibas",,,,walk away. I did stop at one place and they were trying to persuade me to buy one of their cohibas and I said I didn't trust them. The guy is telling me they are real and I told him to let me try one and if it was real I'd buy a box of them. He tried to go into the back to get me a cigar and I told him NO,,,I want to try one out of the box he was trying to sell me. Reluctantly, he shows me the box and I picked out one and lit up,,,of course it was fake. I told him after a few puffs that this wasn't even a good fake and he got all irritated with me and said they were indeed real ones and I just broke it in half and said he was full of **** and walked off. I caution you not to deal with these guys nor do what I did,,,I tend to do stuff like this and probably isn't the smartest thing to do.

pnoon
11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I was on this ship Oct. 12-16 and it is a good ship and as far as where to smoke you can on the starboard side on the upper decks. When I was on it you could not smoke in the Viking Lounge or the libray which was a bummer because this was a recent closing from the info I got from the reps onboard. The only drawback is that you will have to be at the mercy of the tradewinds on the open decks but there is a small area where they set up the cigar humidor at night around 9 pm that if you get in that little area it buffers the winds that kick up. If you are on the 4 night cruise Key West was great because you can smoke without anybody giving you issues all over town ( not in the stores obviously )

If you are in a balcony smoke there and that would probably be the best place. I did smoke my cigar in Nassau and be sure to visit Greycliff,,,get a map so you don't miss it. Don't let the other cigar places around town talk you into buying "fauxhibas",,,,walk away. I did stop at one place and they were trying to persuade me to buy one of their cohibas and I said I didn't trust them. The guy is telling me they are real and I told him to let me try one and if it was real I'd buy a box of them. He tried to go into the back to get me a cigar and I told him NO,,,I want to try one out of the box he was trying to sell me. Reluctantly, he shows me the box and I picked out one and lit up,,,of course it was fake. I told him after a few puffs that this wasn't even a good fake and he got all irritated with me and said they were indeed real ones and I just broke it in half and said he was full of **** and walked off. I caution you not to deal with these guys nor do what I did,,,I tend to do stuff like this and probably isn't the smartest thing to do.
:tpd:

GoodFella
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
thanks for the help guys. Those are some nice pics Carlos. I dont plane on ticking off an street vendors any time soon. i know better then this. i had a pretty close call with some Desperado looking guys in Cosumel 2 years ago. My girl called them out of some fake monte #2 in cello.:r. This will be my 6th cruise.