PDA

View Full Version : BrickHouse Dyed Wrappers?

Rkyro
11-07-2009, 04:55 PM
BrickHouse By J.C Newman

Something very interesting happened today. I was at a local B&M today and a friend of mine who works their shows me a Brickhouse Churchill that he removed from a box and stashed away. Before he said anything about it i easy noticed that strange dark smudges on the wrapper. It was without a doubt Dye. It Even more confirmed it with touching the spots with a wet finger. He ended up with a stained finger.

Has anyone experienced this? I haven't heard a thing about these wrappers being dyed. Could this be a isolated mistake?. I would love to find out more cause I'm shocked

NCRadioMan
11-07-2009, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't think so. You can touch many cigars with a wet finger and will come away with a brownish stain. Wipe any cigar with a white wet cloth and you will see. The wrappers on the Brick House are not even that dark. Maybe an isolated incident?

SmokinApe
11-07-2009, 05:11 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, every major manufacturer has been accused at this point... I get that "some" color may come off a cigar but I have looked like a smoked a sharpie before and I know it was dye...

sikk50
11-07-2009, 11:46 PM
I had one this evening, it was very good, and I looked at it pretty closely because I hadn't had one before, I didn't notice anything that would give me the feeling it was dyed

JCNewmanCigarCo
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
Rykro,

We at the J.C. Newman Cigar Company pride ourselves on the quality of our cigars. We do not now nor have we ever dyed our cigar wrappers. We do apologize for the issue with the cigar you received and would be very interested in investigating the situation to make sure this is an isolated incident. Please send us the problem cigar(s) so that we can investigate the issue and in turn we will replace them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

J.C. Newman Cigar Company Family

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601

Skywalker
11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Rykro,

We at the J.C. Newman Cigar Company pride ourselves on the quality of our cigars. We do not now nor have we ever dyed our cigar wrappers. We do apologize for the issue with the cigar you received and would be very interested in investigating the situation to make sure this is an isolated incident. Please send us the problem cigar(s) so that we can investigate the issue and in turn we will replace them. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601

Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

Joined the Board and gave a great response!!!:tu

BTW - I really enjoy BrickHouse cigars!!!:tu

And "no". That is not dye on my nose!!!:r

Giant & 49er Fan
11-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I am always a fan of anyone that stands behind thier product. Thumbs up to you! :tu

Starscream
11-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

:tpd:

mariogolbee
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
:tpd::r

Footbag
11-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

And now I have a good reason to try a Brickhouse!

Adriftpanda
11-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow!!! I'm impressed!!!

Are you sure that isn't dye on your nose? Kiss ass. Darrell, they are not Arganese, so you wouldn't like them.

Norcal_aaron
11-11-2009, 06:08 PM

And now I have a good reason to try a Brickhouse!

I wish I can find them at my local B&M, they said they have had them on order since the show in August?? Seems weird to me everyone elese has them on hand, time to hunt a few down!!!

tobii3
11-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Lt Skills and I smoked the Brick House tonight.

:banger

JC Newman did it again. Two thumbs up!!! Nubbed 'em all the way down to less than 1/2''!!

68TriShield
11-13-2009, 10:02 AM
This is without a doubt,my favorite JCN cigar to date.

Cigary
11-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Rykro,

Thank you,

PO Box 2030
Tampa, FL 33601

Wow,,,with Customer Service like this I will now try the cigar. Anytime a company tells me that this is how they do business I want to get in line. Nice to see you as a member on here.