PDA

View Full Version : Holiday time recipes?

leasingthisspace
11-07-2009, 11:10 AM
This time of year people make and eat things that we tend to only have around Thanksgiving or Christmas time. What is special to your family and friends?

Anyone got a tasty recipe for eggnog? I tried one for the first time yesterday, it was good but not great. I am going to try again before I post the recipe.

DMK
11-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm campaigning hard for a Turducken, but I think the wifey will win out even though I do most of the work....

nozero
11-07-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm campaigning hard for a Turducken, but I think the wifey will win out even though I do most of the work....

My understanding is that turduken is what smart folks do in a turd fight...
:r;s

I may get bold and try to make some latkas this year... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato_pancake Mmm, I like mine with applesauce.

captain53
11-07-2009, 04:39 PM
This time of year people make and eat things that we tend to only have around Thanksgiving or Christmas time. What is special to your family and friends?

Anyone got a tasty recipe for eggnog? I tried one for the first time yesterday, it was good but not great. I am going to try again before I post the recipe.

I buy already liquored up Eggnog by Evan Williams, Old St Nick (the best one if you can find it) or Pennsyvanial Dutch. About as good or better than any I have managed to make and much easier.:2