PDA

View Full Version : Illusione culebra

Don Fernando
10-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Culebras are very funny looking smokes, 3 cigars strangles together like Siamese triplets. The Illusione culebra is bound together by two pieces of robe, then are about 7 inch long and have a 36 ring. The smell is heavy, sweet and reminds me of a stable. I smoked it on the first night of the Amsterdam herf with SmokeyNL and Screwbag. I got the cigars in a trade with Bao and I was lucky enough to receive them in time for the herf.

The first flavor to hit the palate is a sweet peppery flavor with a tiny bit of leather. I could feel the cigar progress, the strength and the flavors were really building up, lots of pepper and spices, but still with a certain sweetness that prevented the cigar from becoming too powerful. The turning point comes very late.

The ash is dark and the cigar produces a lot of smoke with a good draw. I think I smoked the cigar too young, as I had to relight it often.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, it’s a great smoke to share with friends

nozero
10-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Thank you for the review!

When you mentioned:
The turning point comes very late.
What did you mean? Turning better or worse? Just wondering...

:tu

Don Fernando
10-25-2008, 10:38 AM
that you can almost nub it before it goes bad.

montecristo#2
10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I have one from Jan/Feb. 07 I have been meaning to smoke. :ss

If I ever make it to a Bay Area herf, I figure I would bring it along.

Skywalker
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I have one from Jan/Feb. 07 I have been meaning to smoke. :ss

If I ever make it to a Bay Area herf, I figure I would bring it along.

I hope that happens soon Brother!!!

Thanks for the review of the culebra Don!!! This the first I have read!!!

Scottw
10-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Culebras are very funny looking smokes, 3 cigars strangles together like Siamese triplets. The Illusione culebra is bound together by two pieces of robe, then are about 7 inch long and have a 36 ring. The smell is heavy, sweet and reminds me of a stable. I smoked it on the first night of the Amsterdam herf with SmokeyNL and Screwbag. I got the cigars in a trade with Bao and I was lucky enough to receive them in time for the herf.

The first flavor to hit the palate is a sweet peppery flavor with a tiny bit of leather. I could feel the cigar progress, the strength and the flavors were really building up, lots of pepper and spices, but still with a certain sweetness that prevented the cigar from becoming too powerful. The turning point comes very late.

The ash is dark and the cigar produces a lot of smoke with a good draw. I think I smoked the cigar too young, as I had to relight it often.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, it’s a great smoke to share with
friends

We need pics for reviews like these. I have only seen the illisuione culebra like twice.

Don Fernando
10-25-2008, 11:55 AM
it's too late to make pics now, unless you want to see a pile of ash :D

Scottw
10-25-2008, 12:02 PM
it's too late to make pics now, unless you want to see a pile of ash :D

Figured that.:r

Footbag
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM
We need pics for reviews like these. I have only seen the illisuione culebra like twice.

got a pic of my box...
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/Footbag01/IMG_2390.jpg