PDA

View Full Version : Padron X000???

coastietech
11-06-2009, 06:03 AM
I have wondered this for a while... are all the x000 the same blend just in different sizes? What about the Padron Palmas or the other Padron sizes?

Kinda strikes me as weird that the only blends Padron has are the x000 series maddy and nat and the anni mad and nat

I guess I just assumed that they were all different blends... :confused:

shadow king
11-06-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm not positive but I think the blend is the same for most of them. The only difference is the age of the tobacco.

Emjaysmash
11-06-2009, 08:48 AM
The Padron Series (or Padron Thousand series) is all th same blend, but in different sizes.
They have two other blends, the Padron 1964 Anniversary, and the Padron Serie 1926.

Bobb
11-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Yup..just the three blends with the occasional special release. I think Padron has the right idea...find what works and stick with it.

From padron.com:

Founded in 1964 and evolving throughout our history, the Padrón™ line today consists of fifteen medium-to full-bodied, long-filler cigars ranging from Panetelas to the large “A” size Magnum. All tobacco in this line is sun-grown habano that is aged for a minimum of two-and-one-half years. Every cigar in this line is available in natural and maduro wrapper. This line offers exceptional quality and value.

--

The Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series™ line was introduced in 1994 to commemorate our company’s 30th anniversary. This line consists of ten sizes that are all available in sun-grown natural and maduro wrappers. All tobacco used in this limited production series is aged for four years, creating a smooth and complex flavor. In honor of the age-old Cuban tradition of box - pressing cigars, the 1964 Anniversary line was introduced as a box-pressed series. For the protection of our customers we have introduced measures to safeguard against counterfeiting with a specially designed double band featuring an individually numbered guarantee label.

--

Padrón 1926 Serie™ line premiered in 2002 to commemorate José O. Padrón’s 75th birthday. The 1926 Series consists of seven sizes available in sun-grown natural and maduro wrapper. All tobacco used in this line is aged for five full years. The refined tobacco is then blended to create an exceptionally smooth, complex, balanced and full-bodied flavor.

Continuing our tradition, the 1926 Serie™ is offered in a box-pressed format. For the protection of our customers and to safeguard against counterfeiting, a specially designed double band featuring an individually numbered guarantee label is applied to each and every cigar. Annual production of this offering will be limited to 100,000 cigars.

coastietech
11-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Thank you all for explaining that... :tu

Pretty impressive that they have had this much success with only three different blends.

Emjaysmash
11-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Thank you all for explaining that... :tu

Pretty impressive that they have had this much success with only three different blends.

Thats one of the reasons I'm a Padron whore (other than I love 'em). Yes, variety of blend is nice but I think some people are too gung-ho about variety to the point that it is annoying ( Rocky Patel for example). Padron kinda "balances" it out imho.

Midwestian
11-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Love PADRON 1964! My friend's dad who is a Nicaraguan is bringing me two boxes for Thanksgiving!!!

Go ahead cry with envy....

JJG
11-07-2009, 10:39 AM
The blend tastes the same to me. although the larger gauge cigars tend to have a more nuanced flavor. whereas the Londres (and Palmas) are more rich and medium flavored.

I think the 64 blend is very similar if not the same as the regular line too, just more full and complex. They all have a sort of sweet cinnamon/pumpkin taste.

The 26 is all pepper and less sweet. In my opinion it does not have as much in common with the other 2 lines.

My favorite are the Londres/Palmas maduro and the 64 naturals. I had a 64 maduro the other night that was just a bit harsh.

coastietech
11-07-2009, 10:41 AM
The Palmas maddy on are one of my everyday smokes... Love them!!

I prefer the 64 maddy to the 26's personally.

ChicagoWhiteSox
11-07-2009, 10:42 AM
The Padron Series (or Padron Thousand series) is all th same blend, but in different sizes.
They have two other blends, the Padron 1964 Anniversary, and the Padron Serie 1926.

:tpd: Same blend, just different sizes.