Vitals
Make: Brick House
Model: Churchill
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Filler: Habano
Size: 7.25x50
Cost: 5.25
Time: 1.25 hours

Where have all my reviews been? I have been taking a sort of "walkabout" in the cigar culture (off the map if you will) in the past half-a-year and branching out and exploring new things. Reading more, becoming more educated, and having a blast while doing so.

The cigar was very impressive for the pricepoint. I believe the cigar to be a medium body from its website description and maybe it was. But, the flavors were extremely robust and distinct. The sungrown wrapper must have made for this bountiful taste impact.

The unlit foot smelled like most nicaraguans i smoke and had a very strong aroma consisting of chocolate and cacoa. The draw was what must would consider to be "perfect" or "right in the middle, not too tight, not too loose". I like most of my cigars to draw a little "looser" than average but in no way was the draw impeded.

The first third of the cigar was very spice-driven. I cant help but re-iterate that I read somewhere that it was a med-bodied cigar but the flavor profile was robust and in your face... just how i like it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/BH1.jpg

The cigar erupted with a constant cloud of thick smoke companied by its rich flavor. No real burn issues though i am a stickler when it comes to touch ups. Burned very well with a few bits here and there..

The second 3rd really exhibited the original spice but with a cedary and at time leathery undertone on the finish. The more I let the smoke dance on my tongue the more subtle notes i noticed. Snorked it a few times but didn't get much from that. Ther cigar isn't too terribly complex because the rich spiceyness never got less dominant.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/bh2.jpg

The end result is a good cigar at a great price point with no real burn issues, a good solid draw, and an extremely healthy flavor that makes for a good relaxing smoke after work. Very spicey, somewhat leathery, i'd buy one againwithout a moment's hesitation.

The sungrown wrapper must be what will keep me coming back for more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/bh3.jpg

Thanks for reading!

- Bobby

Skywalker
11-05-2009, 09:23 PM
I smoked the Toro Tuesday night, this week!!!

I was impressed with this cigar!!!

Thanks for the review!!!:tu

Sauer Grapes
11-05-2009, 09:24 PM
What company makes this brick house? All of these new brands coming out reminds me of all the crap that came out with the boom in the 90's, most of which are bargain bin cigars now if they even exist at all anymore. However, there were some good ones that resulted, and maybe you've found one of them. And then again, maybe not. If I come across one, maybe I'll try it based on your recommendation.

s15driftking
11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
JC Newman

roughrider
11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the review.

Sauer Grapes
11-06-2009, 02:40 PM
JC Newman

Cool. I'll have to give it a shot. I wonder if Fuente rolls them like they do a lot of Newman cigars?

NCRadioMan
11-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Cool. I'll have to give it a shot. I wonder if Fuente rolls them like they do a lot of Newman cigars?

No, they don't. These are rolled in the same factory as the El Baton's, Fabrica de Tabacos San Rafael.

jerseystepup
11-06-2009, 09:49 PM
what did you have to drink with it? thanks for the review

s15driftking
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
jack and coke

Norcal_aaron
11-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the review, I went by one of my local B&M today to see about getting one, but no luck. Guy said he has had his order in since August and still hasnt see any of them. I cant wait to give one a try.

stitch
11-06-2009, 10:29 PM
jack and coke
You put Coke in a glass of Jack! ?? :eek:

s15driftking
11-07-2009, 06:05 AM
i've always been a whiskey and coke drinker. love it.

coastietech
11-07-2009, 07:05 AM
You put Coke in a glass of Jack! ?? :eek:

That's the only way to make Jack drinkable!! :r :r

Great review! I keep meaning to pick one of these up to try. :tu

jerseystepup
11-07-2009, 08:01 AM
jack and coke

good answer:D not a fan of regular jack straight either... green label on the other hand i can do no problem... Have you ever tried evan williams?

Cigary
11-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the review, I went by one of my local B&M today to see about getting one, but no luck. Guy said he has had his order in since August and still hasnt see any of them. I cant wait to give one a try.

You can get these on TampaHumidor.com with free shipping for a pretty good price point.
http://www.tampahumidor.com/sd4/department/single-cigars-10299.cfm

s15driftking
11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
good answer:D not a fan of regular jack straight either... green label on the other hand i can do no problem... Have you ever tried evan williams?

evan williams is a great cheap alternative!!!

stitch
11-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Evan Williams Black & Ice :tu ...No Coke

Starscream
11-08-2009, 03:49 PM
I like whiskey and apple juice.

I love the band on this cigar. Looks like something from the 1920s.

tsolomon
11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Smoked a robusto the other day while washing the car and really enjoyed it. Nice flavor, good burn and it never went out when I put it down to work on the car. I need to find the Corona Larga to try next.

Evan Williams Single Barrel with 1 cube just to open it up. :tu

s15driftking
11-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Smoked a robusto the other day while washing the car and really enjoyed it. Nice flavor,

do you see what i mean when i said that its not a full bodied smoke but has a ton of flavor? it really is a nice smoke especially for the price.

BTW Andysutherland. whiskey and applejuice? explicate please?

tsolomon
11-10-2009, 12:23 PM
do you see what i mean when i said that its not a full bodied smoke but has a ton of flavor? it really is a nice smoke especially for the price.
They have 4 Vitolas, the robusto is listed as medium and the other 3 are listed as medium to full. It's a great price for a nice cigar and I will be stopping by my B&M to pick up a couple of more.

MarkinAZ
11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the great review and photo's Bobby. Here's a couple of places I've seen where an Inmate can secure some of these:

http://www.leafandale.com/index.php (coming soon)

http://www.2guyssmokeshop.com/

http://www.silocigars.com/cigars-brick-house-cigars-c-314_483.html

Starscream
11-10-2009, 02:23 PM

BTW Andysutherland. whiskey and applejuice? explicate please?

I like it. 2/3 whiskey, 1/3 juice. Cranberry juice works just as well.

thebiglebowski
11-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Vitals
Make: Brick House
Model: Churchill
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sun Grown
Filler: Habano
Size: 7.25x50
Cost: 5.25
Time: 1.25 hours

habano filler? that can't be right, can it?

but, sounds like a decent cigar.

s15driftking
11-10-2009, 03:25 PM
habano filler? that can't be right, can it?

but, sounds like a decent cigar.

I believe I jacked several of those vitals from Tex Cigars.

Andy, Have you ever tried Spiced Rum and Dr. Pepper? Delicious

Starscream
11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I believe I jacked several of those vitals from Tex Cigars.

Andy, Have you ever tried Spiced Rum and Dr. Pepper? Delicious

Nope, but I'll give it a try. Doesn't sound bad.:tu