PDA

View Full Version : Who is in Atlanta GA area

GodOfFire
11-05-2009, 04:08 PM
I currently live in Michigan and have a great local B and M; in fact I'm certain it's the best in the country. However, sadly (not so much) I'm moving out of MI in December and moving to Marietta GA, which of course is north of Atlanta. I have been there and found a couple of good cigar shops namely Atlanta Cigars. However, was wondering who else on the board is from Atlanta and would consider helping a fellow inmate learn the local cigar scene.

Anyone get together in that area for Herfs etc.

cabinets
11-05-2009, 04:12 PM
YES!!!! In Marietta, go to Truly Cigars on Sandy Pains Rd. at Post Oak Tritt. By FAR the best and friendliest place. Tracy Jones is the owner and is helpful and knowledgeable. Excellent prices too. This place is second to none www.trulycigars.com. (and no, I don't work there)

cabinets
11-05-2009, 04:46 PM
There is a place called La Casa Del Tobacco in Buckhead that is nice and quite a few other cigar shops all over Atlanta proper. The smoking laws are not as bad in GA as most states. There is a another great shop in Marietta called Tobacco World with a 1000sq ft humidor. There are a few good shops due east of you near Cumming, Georgia as well.

scottie

Tobacco World has an awesome selection, but the staff (and owner in particular) are somewhat less than helpful. (and that's being generous). If you aren't looking for any social interaction and only are purchasing, it's ok. But honestly, imo, I'd drive out of my way to go elsewhere. Just my :2

Go Vols!

GodOfFire
11-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I appreciate all this feedback. It's great to see other BOTL located around the area. We are relocating a company there and I have successful converter 2 non smokers into cigar smokers (its been great). So we are definitely looking for shops and people to hang out with..

Anyone else please feel free to chime in

Cigary
11-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Have been in N. Atlanta for some time and the B&M's mentioned are really good ones and there are others around as well:

http://www.cigarplaces.com/cigar-friendly-atlanta.aspx

Caymus
11-16-2009, 10:39 AM
I recently went to "The Cigar Shoppe" in Cumming. Good place, great bar and lounge area.

Also, one of the best authentic Schezuan Chinese restaurants in the country is in Marietta....Tasty China. Unlike any chinese restaurant I've been to in NYC, Philadelphia, DC, etc. Hot and numbing. It's BYO and it's Cheap !

cbsmokin
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I live in Marietta. There are lots of cigar places around, big, small and everywhere in between.

I'll second Truly Cigars. although smaller, the owner is extremely nice. I used to go to Tobacco World a lot, but just didn't fit in. However, if you need something they always have stock.

You need to talk to Albert (awsmith4) he is much more involved in the cigar world than I am and he can give you the scoop.

Also, although not in Marietta I have to give props to Jim and Blue Havana II. He is always a gracious host for HERFs and a contributing Asylum member.

awsmith4
11-16-2009, 03:53 PM
I echo the thoughts above. I love Blue Havana II, Truly Cigars, La Casa in Buckhead, and many more. Tobacco World has a great selection...There is also a group called the Cobb County Cigar Club (C4) that is a great group of guys to herf with. The president of the club, Tim, is a member here and they have a forum as well. They keep track of local happenings and throw some great herfs. Let me know when you get to town and maybe we can get a group together for a welcome smoke.

And if you get into town by Dec. 11th the Christmas Herf is planned and looks like a great time

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=646782&posted=1#post646782

troutbreath
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I have visited Macks Smoke Shop, which I think is in Duluth, off Sugarloaf Parkway. It was a pretty good shop. Small, but had a good selection and a nice staff. It's been a while since I stopped in, but they are easy to find off I-85.

itsme_timd
11-16-2009, 06:38 PM
You're coming to a great area for cigar events! I echo everything the others have said and like Albert mentioned we have a great cigar club here as well.

I'll send you a PM and if you're in Atlanta by Decemeber 11th we're have the C4 Christmas Herf (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=647023&posted=1#post647023) then ~ if not we'll definitely get a welcome herf together.

SouthernSmoke
11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome to the Atlanta area! I live just around the corner in Roswell. We have the Cigar Merchant near by (friendly staff and not terrible prices) along with a few other stores that have opened in the last year or so. If you're interested in going to promo's and things of that nature, Cigar Merchant usually has one every few weeks or so. Glad to have another active member in the area!