PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me about canadians

troy d.
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Okay guys, I am looking into buying myself a new pipe around Thanksgiving. I am thinking about buying a canadian pipe. Can anyone tell me the qualities of a canadian pipe? Good or bad I am interested.:tu

Professor Mike
11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
Troyjet:
AH canadians,I love them. I have 10. I smoke them more than any pipe I have. The longer the stem the better. Cools the smoke. I have a 8 1/2 inch White Hall that is my prize pipe along with a couple of Savinelli's. Can't see going wrong with a canadian. They look good,smoke well,what else can I say. Buy one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kindest Reguards

Prof. Mike

GWN
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
They're all crazy. Crazy, I tell you!

maverickdrinker
11-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I know a few 'canadians' who like to smoke pipe. LOL

mmblz
11-05-2009, 12:05 PM
they say "eh" alot

Curly Cut
11-06-2009, 09:58 AM
i own a few of them.
the only "con" i can think of are...
*you need longer pipe cleaners.
*the stem could break easier and there's no fixing it like a broken bit.

i smoke mine often, i like 'em. pay attention to the overall weight of the pipe. if it's heavy, it'll feel heavier due to the lenght of the pipe. if you don't like to hold your pipe, probably not a good idea. they aren't meant to be clenched while you're doing something else.

Demented
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
there's no fixing it like a broken bit.

Shanks can be repaired, stems and tenons can be replaced. Look at enough estate pipes you will see these type repairs.

they aren't meant to be clenched while you're doing something else.

Whether or not any pipe can be clenched is completely subjective.

I have a Ben Wade Canadian that’s 7 ¼ inch x 2.10 ounce, it’s completely comfortable between my teeth.

Even this pipe http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4068&d=1254545288 can be clenched, for a few minutes anyway, it tips the scale at 3 ounces.

Mister Moo
11-07-2009, 01:29 PM
The good ones are way lighter than they look (like Gretzsky), perform classically well (like Gretzsky), are a bit fragile (Gretzsky) and wear very well over the long haul (Gretzsky again). What else is there to know?

troy d.
11-07-2009, 10:57 PM
To all the B.O.T.Ls. who have responded to this thread, I sincerely thank you for your comments. I hope to come back to this thread page soon and talk about pipes some more.

atlharp
11-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Canadians? Well they are like the French, but haven't lost a war........... yet. ;)

Canadian pipes are good solid pipes. The Ben Wade's are nice. Buy one and let us know how it is.

ATL

Bruce
11-12-2009, 06:39 AM
I collect old Patent Canadians from Dunhill. These are the pipes I smoke the most out of my collection. Excellent smokers, very light and comfortable, classic English style pipe.
Check out Ebay. You can find some on occasion at reasonable prices.....usually around $125 to $150. I try to avoid the "F/T" (fishtail).
I prefer the slim, narrow bit myself.