PDA

View Full Version : Liga Privada T52

klipsch
11-04-2009, 08:30 AM
My first shot at one of these was somewhat disappointing...:confused:

Discuss...

uptown_isy
11-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I think you need to give this another go, Walt. I really enjoyed these. You could have gotten a bad one, or it just may not be your bag. But I think it deserves another shot.

DougBushBC
11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
I have had 3 including one that was pre-release, and they were all SPECTACULAR. Try again!

poriggity
11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
What exactly was dissapointing about this stick? The Draw? The flavor? , what?
Scott

SmokeyNL
11-04-2009, 09:04 AM
its on my list of sticks to try, I do enjoy the LP 9's so far

Blueface
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
What was disappointing?

I have now had two of them and have found them to be stellar cigars.
Very spicy flavor upon initial light.
Very well constructed and excellent draw.
Complex flavors that evolved a few times along the way.
Excellent burn pattern.
Overall good looking cigar that reminded me in appearance/look of the look of a CC Trinidad Robusto Extra, just darker.
My initial review:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23607

klipsch
11-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I've got another I'll give a go today at some point...

Blueface
11-04-2009, 09:14 AM
I've got another I'll give a go today at some point...

Great.
However, what was disappointing?
What did you expect.
What did you experience in contrast?
Talk to us.

This is like saying a Chevy is disappointing.
How? Was it a Vette or a Cavalier?
Was it the speed from 0-60?
Was it the braking?

njstone
11-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I looking forward to trying one of these. I love the No. 9

Giant & 49er Fan
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I smoked one at the IPCPR from Saleem. Found it to be better then the #9! Give it another go!

klipsch
11-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Great.
However, what was disappointing?
What did you expect.
What did you experience in contrast?
Talk to us.

This is like saying a Chevy is disappointing.
How? Was it a Vette or a Cavalier?
Was it the speed from 0-60?
Was it the braking?

First off...I haven't lit up a No. 9 in a while, so maybe it would have been an idea to do so for comparison value? I guess that where I'm coming from as of late...is that there have been a few great new releases this fall. Stand outs for me have been the Viaje 50/50 Toro and the My Farther Le Bijou. It's like the manufacturers are upping the game with their new blends...to appeal to the "boutique smoker". Certain cigars have their own identity...and the Liga No. 9 is right in there with them. "For me"...the T52 was suffering more of an identity crisis than having an identity for itself. I just didn't detect anything standout about it. Don't get me wrong...it was a good smoke for sure. I guess I was expecting something different though. I didn't notice any real strength at any given point, and this was something that stood out in reviews that I had read. Granted...I do smoke alot more full body, strong cigars lately...and the maduro Principe that I smoked later on was fantastic. Again...Identity.
I've got another T52 in the humi that I'll hit again in a day or two, just to let it acclimate a bit more from shipping. ;)

Blueface
11-04-2009, 12:14 PM
First off...I haven't lit up a No. 9 in a while, so maybe it would have been an idea to do so for comparison value? I guess that where I'm coming from as of late...is that there have been a few great new releases this fall. Stand outs for me have been the Viaje 50/50 Toro and the My Farther Le Bijou. It's like the manufacturers are upping the game with their new blends...to appeal to the "boutique smoker". Certain cigars have their own identity...and the Liga No. 9 is right in there with them. "For me"...the T52 was suffering more of an identity crisis than having an identity for itself. I just didn't detect anything standout about it. Don't get me wrong...it was a good smoke for sure. I guess I was expecting something different though. I didn't notice any real strength at any given point, and this was something that stood out in reviews that I had read. Granted...I do smoke alot more full body, strong cigars lately...and the maduro Principe that I smoked later on was fantastic. Again...Identity.
I've got another T52 in the humi that I'll hit again in a day or two, just to let it acclimate a bit more from shipping. ;)

Thanks.
That helps.
Tastes vary as all know.
This just may not have to do with shipping.
It just may be it does nothing for you.
I have had cigars others flip over and frankly have scratched my head wondering.
Give that second one a shot and if it turns out it is still not for you, at least you gave it a second shot to wow you.
The T-52 just seems to start out like it will be a strong cigar but quickly mellows down considerably. It is definitely a special cigar due to how it came about but again, not all cigars are for all.
The T-9 is a much milder cigar of totally different tobacco.

Don Fernando
11-04-2009, 12:15 PM
This is high on my wishlist

CigaSkills9
11-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a box of these beauties....I gave up OpusX's as my fave for the LP 9's...I have smoked 3 T-52's in the last week...No dissappointment here.

silentjon
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I picked a few up this past weekend. I really like the T52. :)

kelmac07
11-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Can't wait for mine to arrive!!!