PDA

View Full Version : Yes another Drac/Boris thread

neoflex
10-31-2009, 09:54 PM
This one is for those lucky enough to get a hold of both the Drac and Boris. I haven't given the Boris much thought and have been fixated on the Drac the whole time prob because I prefer torps but which of the two do you think was the better smoke? Can't find either and at this point and I may just move on and put my sights on the Oliva V Maddie but was curious to what my fellow BOTLs thought.

Nuckz23
10-31-2009, 10:07 PM
I haven't smoked any of mine yet. I managed to get a box of each but from what I hear the Dracs are wet and need to rest for a bit before lighting them up. I think there is so much hype for the Drac but i think the Boris is the one to watch out for. The fact that they are more limited doesn't help with acquiring them.

LasciviousXXX
10-31-2009, 10:14 PM
Good god there's a lot of talk surrounding these smokes. Even a mainly CC smoker like myself has tuned into this discussion just for the sheer amount of excited BOTL's.

Must resist hype ;)

lol

JJG
10-31-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not a Tat freak, but I do like them. I thought I would pick a couple Dracs and Boris' this year until I realized how out of control the hype surrounding these cigars has gotten. I mean jeez, I like Opus and Anejos too but I refuse to run all over town for those either. I had no idea the Drac frenzy would get this bad. funny thing is, this craze is based on hype alone. Most people don't even know what they're going to taste like.

stearns
11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Good god there's a lot of talk surrounding these smokes. Even a mainly CC smoker like myself has tuned into this discussion just for the sheer amount of excited BOTL's.

Must resist hype ;)

lol

a true people's man :tu

stearns

e-man67
11-01-2009, 07:57 AM
I have smoked 2 Dracs so far and they are awesome....having said that, I smoked a Boris and it was OUTSTANDING! Well worth the price of admission IMO. I don't really care for the regular production Tat stuff but the special stuff like the Drac, Boris, Tat Black, West Coast Verucu, East Coast (Verocu Del Este), and the T110 are very special and totally different than the regular line. NOT JUST HYPE! I personally didn't like the hassle of tracking these down...many headaches...but I am sure glad I did. :dr

poriggity
11-01-2009, 08:14 AM
For me, the Boris was, hands down, the best cigar I have EVER smoked. I don't take things like this lightly, so rest assured, I thought the cigar was AWESOME. That being said, I was not impressed with the Drac at all.
Scott

neoflex
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Scott, you were not the only one I heard say this so when I found some today(Lucky Day) I bit on the box of Boris and only opted for two singles of the Drac. If money were not an issue I would have bought the box of Dracs too knowing that if I disliked them that much getting rid of them would be easy. Plus the box would have been bad ass to have on display but I went a little nuts this past month with a box of Cains and a split for a box of Tat Red Artistas. Fortunately the Cain and Red purchases were cash transactions so the wife will never know.:D If it weren't for that I would have bought the box of Dracs too.

njstone
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Must resist hype ;)

lol

And yet you smoke mainly Cubans, lol. Sorry, that was just funny to me.

I haven't smoked a Drac yet myself, but I had a Boris today and it was AWESOME! For lovers of complex medium-bodied cigars, I highly recommend this. mmmm ... cinnamon!

weak_link
11-01-2009, 08:33 PM
And yet you smoke mainly Cubans, lol. Sorry, that was just funny to me.

When is the last time you saw 10 threads about cc smokers calling 15 stores to try and find an EL box? The hype quotient is out of proportion in your amusement. :D

stearns
11-02-2009, 07:48 AM
When is the last time you saw 10 threads about cc smokers calling 15 stores to try and find an EL box? The hype quotient is out of proportion in your amusement. :D

its not legal to make 10 threads about calling 15 stores to get any cc shipped to you, regardless of the 'EL' factor :r:r:D

stearns

VirtualSmitty
11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh my, another Tat Drac thread. For those interested who missed out, I got an email from showmeyourash.com who got some boxes in. They aren't allowed to sell online but an email or phone call might net you a few.

e-man67
11-02-2009, 10:49 AM
They are out.