PDA

View Full Version : La Aroma de Cuba Pepin Blend finally out

Mr. Ed
10-31-2009, 05:09 PM
So it looks like the new Pepin made La Aroma is finally out: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=CS-6BC&cat=3

and on Holt's as well.

Two things though, the La Aroma Edicion Especial has been jacked up in price everywhere and these new Pepin ones seem to have taken over the price point for the LAdC Edicion Especial. :confused: Are these new ones of lower quality? I thought the Edicion Especial was at a good price point before.

Also, they're only being released in thick rg sizes so far >50 RG can't believe they're not making PCs or any of the smaller (and very enjoyable) sizes from the old LAdC blend.

BFallehy
10-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeh I was a little depressed to see that they didn't have a smaller RG available. I was realy hoping for a corona gorda or similar size. Oh well... Still going to pick up a few when I get the chance to try them out. :ss

MrOneEyedBoh
10-31-2009, 05:20 PM
These look interesting.

KDKLOSS
10-31-2009, 05:59 PM
I've never done a proper review but here is my take on the two. I started out trying the new blend LADC Monarch and then tried the Belicoso. I liked the Belicoso so much I turned around and bought a box. I've also had the LADC EE and plan on buying a box of them soon as well. They both have a nice amount of spice but nothing overpowering. The difference in my opinion between the two is the LADC EE has a more complex flavor profile but I've found no difference in the quality between the two. :tu

tobii3
10-31-2009, 06:47 PM
Being an absolute fan of the Original (Johnny can tell you from Iraq), I wasn't terribly excited when the EE came out. I tried it, but it didn't hook me like the original - now, I'm not knocking it, it just didn't "get" me like the LADC's I had burned through.

Now....It has been "reblended" with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper.

What exactly is left in the "blend" that made it an LADC??

Anyone remember the hissy fit I had in chat??

Now they market it as ""INCREDIBLE NEW BLEND! SAME LOW PRICES!!""....Same Low prices as WHAT??

New "2009" Blend - $118 - $135 a box

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: USA/Connecticut
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

Edicion Especial Blend - $135 - $198

Wrapper: Cuban-Seed Ecuadorian

Anyone here remember what the LADC used to be??

LADC - $89 - $115

Remember this one? The one given a 93 in the snobby magazine??

It was a HONDURAN stick.

Country of Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduran
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Honduran/Nicaraguan

WTF??????????????

Okay....rant mode off....need better meds.....

Silound
10-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Actually, having smoked all the sizes of the new LADC, I find the larger ring sizes to be better than the smaller ones. I really like the new Immensa (which is unusual, since I don't usually prefer 58+ RG).

I would try a corona or CG size, but I think the larger sizes still win the day with this blend.

It is also not as different as some may think. To my taste buds, it's the same flavor but with a little spice added in. IMO, a good smoke.

Mr. Ed
11-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Being an absolute fan of the Original (Johnny can tell you from Iraq), I wasn't terribly excited when the EE came out. I tried it, but it didn't hook me like the original - now, I'm not knocking it, it just didn't "get" me like the LADC's I had burned through.

Now....It has been "reblended" with a Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper.

What exactly is left in the "blend" that made it an LADC??

Anyone remember the hissy fit I had in chat??

Now they market it as ""INCREDIBLE NEW BLEND! SAME LOW PRICES!!""....Same Low prices as WHAT??

New "2009" Blend - $118 - $135 a box

Wrapper: USA/Connecticut

Edicion Especial Blend - $135 - $198

Wrapper: Cuban-Seed Ecuadorian

Anyone here remember what the LADC used to be??

LADC - $89 - $115

Remember this one? The one given a 93 in the snobby magazine??

It was a HONDURAN stick.

Country of Origin: Honduras
Wrapper: Honduran
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Honduran/Nicaraguan

WTF??????????????

Okay....rant mode off....need better meds.....

I can see why they raised the prices on the 'new blend' by Pepin, but why the price hike on the Edicion Especial? Did they suddenly get that much better? Oh well...

mcmoyer
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Yeah...this thread has reminded me to go & pick up some of the smaller RG originals while they're still out there.

:dr

Looking forward to trying out the new.

:ss

tchariya
11-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Ugh with the big RG sticks!!!

poriggity
11-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I'll try them.. Eventually.
Scott

roughrider
11-01-2009, 12:32 PM
I've been curious about these.

BryanB
11-01-2009, 06:18 PM
I had the belicoso. It was good. I wasn't a fan of the original so can't give a good comparsion. It has the Pepin twang.