PDA

View Full Version : La Tradicion "Perdomo Reserve" #2

RevSmoke
10-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Another review I found of a cigar no longer available - again reviewed from SMOKE in 1999.

Figurado #52
La Tradicion "Perdomo Reserve" #2

1) Aesthetics:
This is a perfectly rolled in the AF Hemingway style with the taper to the head, with the foot abruptly coming to a nipple - the difference is the box press - it is SQUARE! The Colorado maduro wrapper is a beautiful match that has this cigar beckoning to be picked up and lit. Score for aesthetics: 4.9

2) Pre-light Construction:
A firm, well-rolled cigar. It smells of mature tobacco with the hint of the barnyard.
Score for Pre-light construction: 4.9

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked:
Once you get past the nipple, this cigar opens up and smokes very well and burns evenly. A solid greyish ash needed to be nugged to give up its hold. A couple samples got a touch hot in the last 2 inches.
Score for post-light construction: 4.4

4) Flavor and strength:
This is a rich, full-bodied, flavorful smoke. A complex mix of spice, burnt chocolate, and solid tobacco flavors made this a smoke to savor.
Score for flavor and strength: 4.9

5) Aftertaste/Finish:
A very pleasant, sweet finish lingered for a bit on the palate.
Score for aftertaste: 4.8

6) Aroma:
Spice predominated the olfactory sensations that accompanied this cigar - although a bit heavy (I like heavy), it was very enjoyable.
Score for aroma: 4.8

7) General Comments:
Some cigars just have it all together, this is one such smoke. I enjoyed this with after a nice Indonesian lunch and it had the hutzpah to get the attention of my palate from the first puff.
Overall score for the cigar: 4.9

8) Recommendation: Highly Recommended
Why? Go back and read what I wrote again, you should be able to figure it out by the time you get to this section of the review - what isn't there to like about it?