PDA

View Full Version : My Tat Drac/Boris story

Hudaddy
10-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey guys,

I also posted this on another board, but wanted to share with you guys.

When the list came out, I called a nearby primary dealer and the owner said I was #1 on the list and will not have a problem getting a box. I didn't call any other places. Well, once he realized the mass hysteria, he changed his plans to make it more fair for his regulars and locals (which I absolutely understand). I found this out about a week after the announcement, so I thought I was hosed. I tried Dan's scavenger hunt, saw it 5 times, got it in my cart 3 times, and came up with nothing. Bummed again. I went to bed every night last week with dracs on my mind. No joke.

So I was pretty disappointed, but definitely did not get mad at Dan, Pete, or any other retailer. They're doing the best they can. I don't feel entitled to these, even though I REALLY want them. There are plenty of other tats that are far more rare that I haven't got, so I was just excited that Pete would do cool and fun stuff like this.

So, I begrudgingly started calling all the other retailers in CA; ALL OF THEM, EVERY single shop in CA, HI, and even a few random shops that didn't look like they were mainstream shops. It took me maybe 20 minutes tops to get through my list.

I was bummed, but not surprised, to find that many stores sold out and I would have easily been on the list had I called on that announcement day, but oh well. I got on a handful of lists (a week after the announcement, mind you). A few of the places mentioned that they haven't had ANY calls or only a few calls! A couple stores said I was all good, so don't worry. Yeah right, I thought to myself.

Well, today I got a call from 2 different vendors and now have 2 boxes of Dracs and 1 Boris shipping out. One of the vendors only got 2 boxes, one for me and one he'll split up for his locals. I'll stash a box of each, and share some Dracs. Although most are spoken for, I will try to help some BOTLs out on the list that Stroke is putting together.

It's sad to see the negative backlash for something that was supposed to be fun and unique. That said, I know there are a lot of stores out there that are just getting them and still taking people on their lists. Bottom line, don't give up! There are plenty out there! If you really want them, you will get them, if not from a shop then from a botl!

The frustration and anticipation have been well worth it (I know, easy for me to say now). When else do we get so excited about cigars! You have to admit, it's been pretty exciting! Habanos doesn't do anything like this, except Reservas which are ridiculously expensive, and LEs that are so overproduced these days that you can easily obtain older LEs.

There are plenty more LEs coming from Pete. The craziness will undoubtedly mellow out as time goes by and more LEs come out and we'll all look back and wonder why we went so crazy for these...

... that is until the FACE next year!

Darrell
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Weren't we just talking about this Friday night?

I'm glad they got you taken care of, Bill. :tu

KidRock
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry, for your missed oppertunity, but the more I think about this Tat/Drac.... I got abox of 12 really special cigars for less than what 13 dracs cost....I really dont like how its souposed to be fun. In reality this is just a way to make tons of money...

I had a Frank with a year of age on it and didnt think it was that special ;s

In a humirous way...whats more frustrating/annoying...Finding Tat Dracs or Finding BALLOON BOYY

Hudaddy
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Weren't we just talking about this Friday night?

I'm glad they got you taken care of, Bill. :tu

Let me know what you need big guy and I'll do what I can!

acarr
10-27-2009, 10:40 PM
I will also be helping out the BOTL's on here that are still looking for these after all is said and done. As of right now, there are plenty of the dealers not on the primary and secondary lists that have not even received theirs yet. This is going to be where you find them at. I picked up 4 boxes today and would have picked up all 8 they had if I had any more cash.

Eleven
10-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Only place I tried was New Havana, even nudged Dan on facebook but no dice. Don't have room right now for a full box anyway, but I would have bought one anyway and faked it!

Soon as my new cabinet is finished, I shall be walking that thin line with my wife and getting a couple boxes right away!

:r

colimo
11-06-2009, 10:48 PM
posted my story here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=634982#post634982