PDA

View Full Version : Snus?

wavescrashing
10-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Anyone here use snus?
I don't like to dip, so I generally use snus at work, when driving, or when I don't have time to fit a cigar in. I usually buy Monte Cristo, General original, and Romeo y Julieta. I'm curious what other brands and blends are good.
Thanks,
Mike

King James
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
have tried general a few times, but since I do dip... I find I don't really get a buzz from it. Maybe dip built up a tolerance

wavescrashing
10-25-2009, 09:03 PM
have tried general a few times, but since I do dip... I find I don't really get a buzz from it. Maybe dip built up a tolerance

I don't tend to get a buzz from snus or dip anymore, but i'm calm and seem to get the nic from snus. Whenever I run out, I'll buy a can or two of Cope pouches or long cut.

elderboy02
10-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I've seen snus in stores, but what is it? Do you put it in your mouth or nose? I don't have any interest in trying it.

wavescrashing
10-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I've seen snus in stores, but what is it? Do you put it in your mouth or nose? I don't have any interest in trying it.

Snus is a spitless tobacco that is usually made and sold from Sweden. It comes in pouch and loose forms in a tin. It does not have fiber glass and does not give you the sensation to spit, while still giving you tobacco taste/flavor and the nicotine.

Snuff is the product that is used through the nose. I used to dip on deployments, now I generally stick to snus.

elderboy02
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Snus is a spitless tobacco that is usually made and sold from Sweden. It comes in pouch and loose forms in a tin. It does not have fiber glass and does not give you the sensation to spit, while still giving you tobacco taste/flavor and the nicotine.

Snuff is the product that is used through the nose. I used to dip on deployments, now I generally stick to snus.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Stick
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Some discussion here: Camel Snus (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10935&highlight=snus)

wavescrashing
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Some discussion here: Camel Snus (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10935&highlight=snus)

Thanks for the link.
I saw that when I was searching earlier today, but I thought to myself "self, you should post a real Snus thread. Camel snus is bubble gum in a pouch."

fissure
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Try getsnus.com They have a few stark (strong) ones. I've heard the thunder frosted is really good, and it is strong.

RightAJ
10-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Dip DOES NOT had fiberglass in it. That is an urban myth... the crystals seen under a microscope are salt crystals. Fiberglass would shred your mouth and you would be spitting blood.

That being said, snus is alright, but doesn't give me a buzz like Cope or Kodiak will. I put in a 8 of the camel pouches and didn't feel a thing... Flavor was nice though.

aj

Mark
10-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Try Göteborg's Rapé, Röda Lacket (my personal favorite), Göteborg's Rapé No. 2 (lingonberry flavor). General is okay. All have 8mg of nicotine, stark (strong) snus has 14mg.

Happy Snusing!

AD720
07-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman ;s:D

I have been digging the Camel Frost Snus (ducks).

A local B&M has the General snus so a grabbed a can of White and a can of Wintergreen.

The white is not so bad but the wintergreen is :(. I also find both of them, coming from the Camel, to be a bit "slimy".

What would you all recommend for someone who actually likes the Camel? (besides sticking with the Camel)

BigFrank
07-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Try getsnus.com They have a few stark (strong) ones. I've heard the thunder frosted is really good, and it is strong.
I use buysnus.com. When I'm not lazy and order. Although recently been back on the Skoal Wagon.

For snus stick to the tobacco/natural/original flavors.

wavescrashing
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Holy Thread Resurrection Batman ;s:D

I have been digging the Camel Frost Snus (ducks).

A local B&M has the General snus so a grabbed a can of White and a can of Wintergreen.

The white is not so bad but the wintergreen is :(. I also find both of them, coming from the Camel, to be a bit "slimy".

What would you all recommend for someone who actually likes the Camel? (besides sticking with the Camel)

I'd recommend white portions of the Skruft flavored stuff.
It doesn't bleed as fast, so the flavor isn't overpowering, and it's not too sweet, although the camel is pretty sweet.

MedicCook
07-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I have been using it lately when driving home from work or out at the bars. The cigar shop had a ton of free samples last month so I made sure to get plenty.

Emjaysmash
07-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Anyone know where/how to get free samples of snus before buying, or has PACT basically killed that idea?

MedicCook
07-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I think the free samples are now gone.

AD720
07-06-2010, 06:09 AM
Anyone know where/how to get free samples of snus before buying, or has PACT basically killed that idea?

MJ I have a couple sampler pouches of the General I can send you, PM me your address.

colinb913
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Only ever tried Camel and Marlbro snus. Other then that, I stick to Grizzly, Cope, or Skoal.

10-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Just tried it for the first time last month. Steve (fissure) let me try some Swedish Snus, General White/Mini-Portion Mint.

To be honest I dont' smoke very much, maybe 10 cigars/month, and I noticed the nicotine. No buzz or anything, but it definitely was there. Since I had a hard time finding it so I tried some Camel Frost. The Camel pouches were larger, rougher, were overly sweet, and lost their flavor quickly. I also didn't notice the nic much.

I just found a local shop that carries Swedish Snus and bought some more General. I like it a lot better. They dont' have a ton, just one of those micro table-top fridges with 60-80 cans, but only 4 flavors. I grabbed of the same stuff Steve gave me, but eventually I'd like to try some of the natural tobacco flavored stuff.

I've read some good info about the differences between the American and Swedish stuff. Check out the link for more info...

User Review:
http://www.snuscentral.org/snus-reviews-by-that-snus-guy/camel-snus-versus-swedish-snus-a-comparison-review-of-completely-different-snus-tastes.html

Nicotine Levels:
http://www.snuscentral.org/snusfaqs/nicotine-levels-in-swedish-and-american-snus-faq.html

Production Methods:
http://www.snuscentral.org/latest-snus-news/camel-robust-and-winterchill-snus-is-it-real-snus-yet.html

The last article is most important. The Swedes have done some serious work to minimize potential negative effects of snus.

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the post! I'll need to find some General Snus

GreekGodX
10-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Just tried it for the first time last month. Steve (fissure) let me try some Swedish Snus, General White/Mini-Portion Mint.

To be honest I dont' smoke very much, maybe 10 cigars/month, and I noticed the nicotine. No buzz or anything, but it definitely was there. Since I had a hard time finding it so I tried some Camel Frost. The Camel pouches were larger, rougher, were overly sweet, and lost their flavor quickly. I also didn't notice the nic much.

I just found a local shop that carries Swedish Snus and bought some more General. I like it a lot better. They dont' have a ton, just one of those micro table-top fridges with 60-80 cans, but only 4 flavors. I grabbed of the same stuff Steve gave me, but eventually I'd like to try some of the natural tobacco flavored stuff.

I've read some good info about the differences between the American and Swedish stuff. Check out the link for more info...

User Review:
http://www.snuscentral.org/snus-reviews-by-that-snus-guy/camel-snus-versus-swedish-snus-a-comparison-review-of-completely-different-snus-tastes.html

Nicotine Levels:
http://www.snuscentral.org/snusfaqs/nicotine-levels-in-swedish-and-american-snus-faq.html

Production Methods:
http://www.snuscentral.org/latest-snus-news/camel-robust-and-winterchill-snus-is-it-real-snus-yet.html

The last article is most important. The Swedes have done some serious work to minimize potential negative effects of snus.

Thanks for the great post Mike :tu

The last point is very important when regarding Swedish Snus such as General. They made Snus so they could get people to stop smoking. I'm pretty sure I read that the Swedes have the lowest amount of smokers in the world and many have used Snus to get off smoking. So they tried to formulate it to be as natural as possible.

I tried Snus after talking to Steve(fissure) about it. Having a little pouch of tobacco in my mouth is a big turnoff, and even putting it in my top lip still makes me want to spit.

10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the post! I'll need to find some General Snus

No problem. The two sites I know of are:

http://www.getsnus.com

http://www.northerner.com

Unfortunately they are now applying some local state tobacco taxes. I've heard other sites are not. I found it cheaper to buy them one can at a time at the local B&M for $3.99/can. Good luck, it took a while to find a B&M who stocks it.

10-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the great post Mike :tu

The last point is very important when regarding Swedish Snus such as General. They made Snus so they could get people to stop smoking. I'm pretty sure I read that the Swedes have the lowest amount of smokers in the world and many have used Snus to get off smoking. So they tried to formulate it to be as natural as possible.

I tried Snus after talking to Steve(fissure) about it. Having a little pouch of tobacco in my mouth is a big turnoff, and even putting it in my top lip still makes me want to spit.

Having it in my upper lip doesn't make me want to spit. It does help to have a drink though cause I do get a little extra siliva. I've never dipped, so I don't have that reference or inclination to spit tobacco juice out.

Anyway, you're right about their processing. Per the last article:

The bottom line is that for cigarette smokers, real Swedish snus is 98% less harmful to them than smoking. Camel SNUS is not. Despite FDA's incorrect warning labels, in the 40 years Swedish Snus has been regulated as a Food Product by the Swedish government, there have been no documented cases of mouth, throat, lung, or stomach cancer. That's why the Swedish equivalent of our FDA removed the cancer warning from Swedish snus a few years ago.

More info from:

http://www.northerner.com/articles/SwedishSnus-292/Quit%20Smoking%20with%20Swedish%20Snus-14981/SHOP-333/

Snus use is more common than cigarette smoking among Swedish men, 22% vs. 14% in 20047. Approximately 50% of the snus users today in Sweden are ex-smokers. In the case of oral cancer, smoking (and alcohol) is a well-established risk factor. Several studies conducted in the 1990s, Schildt, et.al. (1998)8 and Lewin, et.al. (1998)9, found no evidence of an increased risk of oral cancer among users of Swedish snus. These findings offer an explanation why the incidence of oral cancer, as shown in Figure 5, is very low among men in Sweden compared with that in other countries, despite the high rate of snus use in Sweden. (Swedes are the only ones using smokeless tobacco extensively in Europe).

wayner123
10-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Did your local B&M have the new General Mint regular portion? I can get the mini mint, but no where seems to have the Regular/large portion Mint.

10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Did your local B&M have the new General Mint regular portion? I can get the mini mint, but no where seems to have the Regular/large portion Mint.

I don't think so. They only had mint and wintergreen. I grabbed the mini-mint, I didn't check to see if there was regular portion. I can look next time I'm there, but it could be a little while (weeks). I am just starting out on snus, so I only use 1 or 2 pouches per day.

GreekGodX
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM

My local B&M has the regular portions.. I can pick you up some if you want :)

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Has anyone tried the General Mini portions and General White Mini back to back? Any big difference?

10-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Has anyone tried the General Mini portions and General White Mini back to back? Any big difference?

Not sure. Here is the nic level differences

Swedish/Scandinavian Snus comes in 5 levels of Nicotine:

•None: This is Swedish Snus without any Nicotine
•Low: Usually found only in Mini-Portion sized snus, they generally contain 4-5 mg/g. of Nicotine.
•Mini Strong: Found only in Mini-Portion sized snus, this new category is designed for Mini-Portion Snus fans who want more nicotine. They generally contain 6 mg/g. of Nicotine.
•Standard: This is Swedish Snus that contains 8 mg/g. of Nicotine. This is the orally absorbed equivalent to one cigarette but will last longer in your bloodstream than inhaled nicotine.
•Strong/Stark/Sterk: This is Swedish Snus that generally contains 11 mg. of nicotine.
•Extra Strong/Ekstra Stark/Ekstra Sterk: This is Swedish Snus that generally contains between 12 mg/g to 17 mg/g of Nicotine.

10-04-2010, 02:27 PM
That said I believe all the pouches to be either .8g/pouch or 1g/pouch, just with different nic concentration levels

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
I know each contains 4mg of Nicotine, just one is not moisturized at the end and the other is. I don't use snus that often, so it will undoubtedly be sitting in the can for a while. I know the Camel Snus' are stored in refrigerators, and I stored my tins just in a drawer and they dryed out a bit.

I'm just wondering if moisturized vs. unmoisturized means a change in flavor, otherwise I'm probably buying mini portions of the white.

croatan
10-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Just popped a Nick and Johnny Strong in a few seconds ago.

I've been rotating between the following lately:
02 (13mg/g nic)
Thunder Wintergreen Extra Stark (16 mg/g nic)
Nick and Johnny Strong (12ish+ mg/g nic)
Skruf Xtra Stark (18-19 mg/g nic [est])

All have good flavor are enough nicotine that you notice they're in there.

10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I know each contains 4mg of Nicotine, just one is not moisturized at the end and the other is. I don't use snus that often, so it will undoubtedly be sitting in the can for a while. I know the Camel Snus' are stored in refrigerators, and I stored my tins just in a drawer and they dryed out a bit.

I'm just wondering if moisturized vs. unmoisturized means a change in flavor, otherwise I'm probably buying mini portions of the white.

Not sure about moisturized vs. unmoisturized. The B&M by me had them in a mini display fridge that I believe was branded by General. From what I've read you should keep all swedish snus refridgerated unless it will be used in the next 24-48 hours. I'm sure many don't, but to each their own. You can freeze it for up to a year to keep it fresh, then thaw in the fridge before use.

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I might be the wuss of the group, but I can only take the mini's. Anything over 4mg and I start getting headaches.

Also: anyone try Goterberg Rape, and Goterberg Rape No. 2?

10-04-2010, 02:56 PM
I might be the wuss of the group, but I can only take the mini's. Anything over 4mg and I start getting headaches.

You're no wuss. I haven't tried anything larger than mini. Since I can tell they're there, I'm not going to move up to the larger portions anytime soon.

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Not sure about moisturized vs. unmoisturized. The B&M by me had them in a mini display fridge that I believe was branded by General. From what I've read you should keep all swedish snus refridgerated unless it will be used in the next 24-48 hours. I'm sure many don't, but to each their own. You can freeze it for up to a year to keep it fresh, then thaw in the fridge before use.

Lol, guess I need a fridge in my dorm room then! Thanks!

croatan
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Tried them both but wasn't impressed enough to ever order any more. Can't really describe them or tell you why I wasn't, though. It's been a while. Sorry. Also, they may not have had enough nicotine for me, so you probably shouldn't base anything on my take.

I don't refrigerate mine. Just try to get through cans when I open them. We did an experiment one night (after a few drinks) rehydrating some dried portions, though. Dipped them in vodka, let rest for a few minutes, and were good to go. :)

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Tried them both but wasn't impressed enough to ever order any more. Can't really describe them or tell you why I wasn't, though. It's been a while. Sorry. Also, they may not have had enough nicotine for me, so you probably shouldn't base anything on my take.

I don't refrigerate mine. Just try to get through cans when I open them. We did an experiment one night (after a few drinks) rehydrating some dried portions, though. Dipped them in vodka, let rest for a few minutes, and were good to go. :)

Haha thats a cool fix!

The Goterberg Rape No. 2 was recommended for those just starting snus or those who like Camel Snus. (I like the Camel Snus, but sometimes I can hardly taste the flavor).

croatan
10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Haha thats a cool fix!

The Goterberg Rape No. 2 was recommended for those just starting snus or those who like Camel Snus. (I like the Camel Snus, but sometimes I can hardly taste the flavor).

Ok. That makes sense. Give it a shot, then. It's definitely better than Camel.

MajorCaptSilly
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
PACT has made mailorder snus more expensive and has reduced the available brands by quite a bit for us US residents. I'm trying to make a decision on whether to keep buying as it is getting cost prohibitive to pay ~$3.50 per can and then pay $12.00 for the required UPS shipping then have to have someone over 21 sign for it. I'm one who has some snus going 6-10 times a day and really enjoy it. General White Portion is my goto but have recently been enjoying the new Ogden's which is more like straight tobacco than most of the others. I buy from getsnus.com. They are a Northener company.

MCS

MajorCaptSilly
10-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Kronan White Portion is also very good. The only reason to refrigerate is to keep the snus fresh. I keep a few cans in the car and it stays fine for a couple weeks.

MCS

Emjaysmash
10-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the help, guys!

wayner123
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM

Haha thats a cool fix!

I too don't like to go much over 4mg. I can do the others but definitely not over 8mg.

As to the difference in the General Mini and Mini white's; I find that the regular mini lasts a bit longer storage wise. The uptake is also quicker on the nicotine. The White's however, taste a little better to me as the slow uptake and your own moistening make it that way.

The Goteberg No.2 is a nice change of pace to the regular mint, wintergreen, etc. It's got juniper berry that is pretty pronounced after a while. I would buy a can and try it. I like to supplement it when I get tired of plain or minty snus's.

Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.

croatan
10-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Croatan, you ever try the General Onyx black or the Oden's extra Stark's? A friend who turned me onto snus only uses the stronger ones and he loves both of those.
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.

wayner123
10-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Yes, tried them both. I liked the General better than the Oden's--the Oden's tasted a little harsh, as far as I can recall. I wouldn't turn either down in a bar, but when I had tins open, I didn't find myself reaching for them as often as the others, so I didn't order more. Nothing wrong with either, though, and I'll probably revisit them again relatively soon.

Yeah he prefer's the Onyx over the Oden's as well. I think it's mostly because it comes in a black pouch. :banger

Smokin Gator
10-05-2010, 09:22 AM
I pretty much stick to the General White Portion Mint. I love the stuff!!! Prices sure have gone up though!!!

10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?

croatan
10-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Do/Did any of you snus users used to or still smoke cigarettes?

I ask because I know the swedes market it as an alternative. I never have, and my only real concern is developing a real addiction. I can smoke cigars heavily, occasionally, or even go long stretches without. Although I do enjoy it, I dont' feel it is a habit or an addiciton. My concern is that if I use snus too much it might become one or the other.

What do you think?

I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.

10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I've never smoked cigarettes. Some days I use a whole bunch of snus packets, some times I don't use any at all for days--never felt like I'm physically addicted. I have a bit of an addictive personality, so sometimes that might factor in, but I've never felt a physical addiction to snus.

Thanks. I realized after I posted that it was kind of a personal question. I just wanted another's opinon/experience. I appreciate your response.

wavescrashing
10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
I quit cigarettes over two years ago.
I've currently been on an Oden's strong and 02 Strong kick. The Oden's are a lot more flavorful though. The 02s take quite some time to "bleed" through the pouch, similar to a white portion. I've also been enjoying the General Onyx. I revisited these about a week ago. I forgot how much I like them.

DPD6030
10-07-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go :D

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. :hn Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.

Emjaysmash
10-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm trying to get away from Camel Snus as well. I'll have to pick up some different minis to see which ones I like. Off to getsnusdotcom I go :D

Dayum shipping is $ for this stuff. :hn Oh well 6 cans, 3 flavors on the way.

How much was shipping, if I may ask?

MajorCaptSilly
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM
How much was shipping, if I may ask?

Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT:confused:

MCS

10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Andrew, Smoker's Outlet has them retail for $3.99/can. I'm sure your brother, or one of us on the east side could buy them and mail them to you if it would save you some money.

Emjaysmash
10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Shipping starts @$13.00 for UPS. It has to be UPS and you have to sign for it. Thank you PACT:confused:

MCS

Wow. Well that's not good.

colinb913
10-07-2010, 04:59 PM
You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!

Emjaysmash
10-07-2010, 08:59 PM
You guys should also give www.northerner.com for snus, and dip. they are a great site!

Same $$ for shipping?

fissure
10-08-2010, 06:29 AM
They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse:td I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.

10-08-2010, 06:55 AM
They should be the same $$ for shipping. If you look close at almost all the online sites that are shipping from the US they all come out of the northerer warehouse:td I can get it cheaper locally than using northerer when they include the pact tobacco tax and the shipping. But, I can't get a variety.

If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Maybe we could save some folks some money.

Emjaysmash
10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
If the variety isn't a concern, I wonder how many cans we could fit in a $5 USPS small flat rate box?

Lol, if you're offering...

at the moment I won't buy from the online stores. I don't smoke cigarettes, and I'm not trying to quit or anything. Paying almost double or triple my order cost for shipping just isn't going to work for me.

wayner123
10-08-2010, 07:33 AM

I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.

Emjaysmash
10-08-2010, 07:37 AM
I know a couple sites used to give you free shipping if you ordered over a certain amount. Getsnus used to give free shipping for orders over $49, but I don't knwo if they still do it. If that is the case still, it might do well to hold some sort of GB.

Thanks for volunteering, Wayne! :ss :r

wayner123
10-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for volunteering, Wayne! :ss :r

Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.

10-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Heh, I know that is tounge in cheek, but I don't want to piss off anyone enforcing PACT. However, I don't see a problem with someone who might order a couple sleeves anyway, tacking on a few more cans for a BOTL.

I was just saying if people are going to pay $4.50+/can plus $7 shipping, some of us Detroiters might be able to save you a few bucks. Not a ton, but they are $3.99/can and as many as can fit into a $5 flat rate box.

Not sure if it's worth the trouble, but it might be worthwhile. If getsnus or northerner offer free shipping for 10 cans or more, our offer might be moot.

fissure
10-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.

10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Right, but what does smokers outlet carry? Just the mini mint and what else? That's what I was saying about no variety.

That's true.

GreekGodX
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM

I'm gonna go checkout what they have but I'm pretty sure it's just mini mint, wintergreen, mint and silver. If there was a group buy put together I'm sure it would be cheaper..

MajorCaptSilly
10-08-2010, 10:55 AM

They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS

Emjaysmash
10-08-2010, 10:58 AM
what is silver?

MajorCaptSilly
10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
what is silver?

Silver is the regular (unflavored) General snus.

MCS

wayner123
10-08-2010, 11:04 AM
They no longer offer any free shipping. Almost everyone you can buy from in the US is owned by Northerner now. Getsnus sold a few months ago. There was another online retailer I checked out. Their prices looked great, but when it came to shipping, it was $35!

MCS

That truly sucks. Oh well, $13 shipping spread out over a few people ain't much.

Smokin Gator
10-19-2010, 06:42 PM
DayUm... I just went to a couple sites to get some General White Portion Mint. The price for 50 cans came out to $148.80... not bad. Shipping was $18.99... not bad. The killer was the tobacco tax of $112.50!!! WTF!!!!

If anyone knows how to help a brother out I would appreciate it.

Emjaysmash
10-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Whoa! Not good!

10-20-2010, 07:25 AM
I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.

Smokin Gator
10-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I could talk to our local B&M. They sell them at $3.99/can + 6% sales tax.

50 x $3.99 = $199.50

199.50 x 1.06 = $211.47

Not certain but I would think 50 cans would fit in a $10 flat rate box. That would put the grand total at $221.47. Much cheaper than $280.29 ($148.80+$18.99+$112.50)

As mentioned above, variety might be the issue. I think our locals B&M only has mini mint, wintergreen, mint & silver. Plus, I'm not sure they would have all 50 on hand. We might have to wait for stock to come in.

Let me know if you want me to stop in and talk to them. They are only 3 miles from work, I could stop in on lunch.

Thanks for the offer brother... I decided to go another route. I'll let everyone know how it works out.

Emjaysmash
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Selling some: http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38945

wavescrashing
11-15-2010, 10:01 PM
I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans) :(
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.

druturn
11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I just can't do the flavored or mini snus. I'm currently enjoying the Oden's extra strong and Monte Cristo(down to my last few cans) :(
I like the stronger stuff with tobacco and herbal flavors, plus I don't like it to take forever for the flavors to bleed through, which is what white portions are for.

I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.

wavescrashing
11-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know if you are still open to suggestions for snus to try. Thunder Original is still one of my favorites. I also love General Extra Sterk, Skruf Extra Sterk, and of course the classics like Ettan or General. All of the ones I mentioned before the classics are HARD hitting stuff. I myself used to dip, but then made the transition to snus and found that only the stronger blends could give me a nicotine buzz like with dip.

Yeah, I've got a roll in the freezer of the General extra sterk, 02, Skruf extra, Odens Cinnamon extra sterk, 1887, and a couple stragglers. I'm not a fan of Ettan or Nick and Johnny snus (tried almost all).
I've got some rolls coming along with a few extra cans of new stuff I wanted to try:
General Long Sterk
Gotlandssnus Julesnus (Christmas) Portion

If the Christmas release turns out nice, I'll order a roll or two before they pull them off the shelf after Christmas time.
I'll do a mini review of those when they come in.

MedicCook
11-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Snus'ing right now.

druturn
11-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Snus'ing right now.

+1 got a generous pris of General Extra Sterk in right now! :tu

wavescrashing
11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Snus'ing right now.

Well yeah! If'n I'm not smokin a ceegar, I'm more than likely snus'in. -(P

druturn
11-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Well yeah! If'n I'm not smokin a ceegar, I'm more than likely snus'in. -(P

Gotta love it! Not gonna lie, it is a great way to pass time during work or university classes! I do it all the time! :D

Emjaysmash
11-16-2010, 07:49 AM
you know, before I found the thread, and before all of you, all I thought that was out there was dip. (I'm not fond of it, or spitting). I would have NEVER tried any of this stuff if it weren't for you guys!

So, Thanks to all of you for info and especially those of you who sent me snus to try! I'm starting to find what I like and it's all because of you all!

MedicCook
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I Snus more than I smoke cigars now. Can't smoke inside at home or while at work, but I can Snus. Plus it is cheaper than cigars which is a big bonus right now. Currently using the dry mint portion. Need to go pick up some more today or tomorrow.

druturn
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
We should make a "What are you currently snusing?" thread!

Right now I got a decently sized pris of Thunder Extra Stark Original in!

Emjaysmash
11-17-2010, 07:52 AM
We should make a "What are you currently snusing?" thread!

Right now I got a decently sized pris of Thunder Extra Stark Original in!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1064688#post1064688

MajorCaptSilly
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
FYI: GetSnus.com has some "close to expiration" cans available for .93 each as of a couple days ago. I check them frequently. The last cans I got that were close to expiration had dates of 2/2011. Kinda helps with the shipping upcharge.

MCS

wavescrashing
11-17-2010, 07:58 PM
FYI: GetSnus.com has some "close to expiration" cans available for .93 each as of a couple days ago. I check them frequently. The last cans I got that were close to expiration had dates of 2/2011. Kinda helps with the shipping upcharge.

MCS

They have good prices, but the shipping encourages me to order from across the atlantic.
The wait is worth the 20 or 30 bones saved in shipping.

MajorCaptSilly
11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
They have good prices, but the shipping encourages me to order from across the atlantic.
The wait is worth the 20 or 30 bones saved in shipping.

As far as I know, you can't order from outside the USA if you're a resident.

MCS

htown
08-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Anyone still snusing?

Emjaysmash
08-12-2012, 06:34 AM
Every so often. I've settled for using the abhorrent Camel emus.

htown
08-12-2012, 08:12 AM

I don't even know what that is.

08-14-2012, 08:45 AM

Camel vs Emu?

http://www.restarea1mile.com/camelblog/emu01.png

htown
08-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Nice