PDA

View Full Version : Drew Estates Liga Privada T-52 Toro

Blueface
10-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Just had an opportunity to try one of these at their national kick off event.
This cigar comes via a process no longer used in fermintatio of tobacco. It was a reare find of a process where the entire plant is cut, a spear is driven into it and is then hung upside down for quite som time.
Aftr that, a very involved curing process with lots of rotation of the tobacco piles.

Overall, a very nicely constructed cigar.
Very firm and gives appearance of a tight draw, which couldn't be further from reality.
Upon initial light, lots and lots of pepper. I thought I was having curry.
In a short time, the cigar mellows wonderfully. Different flavors exude.
The complexity evolved several times but with each, a welcome experience.
It was not hard to nub and literally burn your fingers.

I was truly surprised as this is not a brand I thought I would ever enjoy.
It was so enjoyable, I bought a box, of which only 10,000 will exist.
A must do for anyone that enjoys cgar.

Can't wait to see how many typos I have via an iPhone. LOL

uptown_isy
10-24-2009, 01:53 PM
I had the opportunity to try these in NOLA for the show. I thought it was great then, but Marvin told me that in a few months they will develop into an even better smoke. He wasn't kidding. I smoked one yesterday for the first time since the show and it blew me away. TONS of great flavors and very different than the original blend. I don't usually burn my fingers smoking a cigar, but I did with this one.

Blueface
10-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I had the opportunity to try these in NOLA for the show. I thought it was great then, but Marvin told me that in a few months they will develop into an even better smoke. He wasn't kidding. I smoked one yesterday for the first time since the show and it blew me away. TONS of great flavors and very different than the original blend. I don't usually burn my fingers smoking a cigar, but I did with this one.

Spent some time chatting with Marvin.
Great guy.

SkinsFanLarry
10-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I've heard good things about them....those that have tried the "Flying Pig" say it's even better than the T-52.

DougBushBC
10-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I got a few of these from a BOTL that works at the shop that released the cigar first and enjoyed them GREATLY. really a nice stick from a manufacturer that I never really enjoyed before (I like the Liga Privada OR as well)

elderboy02
10-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I've only had the regular Liga Privada 9 and I really enjoyed it.

I have a T52 that I need to fire up now.

Blueface
10-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I've only had the regular Liga Privada 9 and I really enjoyed it.

I have a T52 that I need to fire up now.

The T-9 is much milder. Had one those also today and in fact, got a few more for buying the box of T-52s. Really enjoyed it also.

troutbreath
10-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I wonder if this is what I had . . . I'm guessing it was the 9. Good smoke. I'll have to keep my eyes open for these.

T.G
10-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I've heard good things about them....those that have tried the "Flying Pig" say it's even better than the T-52.

Not totally a fair comparason since they aren't the same blend or wrapper.

The T-52 is a new blend and wrapper while the LP#9 Flying Pig is an amped up LP#9.

There were also a lot less Flying Pigs produced.

Four or five months ago, Jonathan was kind enough to send me a handful of T-52 cigars from the test blends for the T-52 (blend #3) most of which I gifted off to other BOTLs, but the one I tried was just phenomenal. For anyone who went to CI's cigarfest '09, similar test blends of the T-52 were being handed out, although I believe those were blend #4.

Blend #3 was supposed to be the final blend, then Saka changed his mind, and wanted #4 to be the final blend, then he changed his mind again and it went back to #3, then #4.... Eventually, the final blend ended up being a conglomeration of #3 and #4, a #3.5 if you will. I just got my hands on one of the T-52 releases the other day, and I'm quite looking forward to trying it.

MajorCaptSilly
10-26-2009, 05:18 AM
Thanks Carlos! Now I'm probably gonna get a box even though I put a moratorium on buying until the end of the year. I still love you.

MCS

Made in Dade
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Carlos, Al gave me one over the weekend and yes it was damn good.

kelmac07
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Another stick to be on the look out for...thanks!!

MajorCaptSilly
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Anybody know of any mail order places that have these available?

Thanks,

MCS

bleedingshrimp
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks for your take. I just got a single in the NST...gonna put it on my short list!

marge796
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
I smoked my first one on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I thought it developed a little slow but, a great cigar none the less. I will like to get a box in the future.

:ss

Chris.....