PDA

View Full Version : My cigar brought me some peace.

troy d.
10-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Where I work can be extremely loud at times. So when I left work today, I was ready for some peace. When I got to my local cigar shop, I set down lit my cigar and noticed that I was the only person in the place. It stayed that way for the entire time except when someone would come in and purchase their product. It was cool and my cigar was marvelous.:tu:ss

RightAJ
10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Can't beat that. Cigars are my preferred method of relaxation and solitude goes very well with one... especially after a crazy day at work!

aj

troy d.
10-21-2009, 08:25 PM
aj you"re absolutely right. I could have not asked for better conditions at the shop. It was wonderful.

Don Fernando
10-22-2009, 12:42 AM
I try to go to my favorite B&M once a week and I always bring a book. If I am alone I can read that book in peace and quiet while I smoke a nice cigar, and if I am not alone I'm probably having an interesting conversation. That is a win/win situation.

mariogolbee
10-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Now that you're using the shift key it seems there are less posts on this thread than your previous ones Troy. Kinda funny how that works.
I finally got down to my local B&M maybe a month back to sit down and smoke. I've been trying to go once a week since. It is very relaxing.

troy d.
10-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Now that you're using the shift key it seems there are less posts on this thread than your previous ones Troy. Kinda funny how that works.
I finally got down to my local B&M maybe a month back to sit down and smoke. I've been trying to go once a week since. It is very relaxing.
Yes it is. Very funny. Thanks Mario!

Don Fernando
10-22-2009, 03:33 AM
But on the other hand, nobody is trashing you anymore, or having a laugh on your expence.

DPD6030
10-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Is this twitter? :confused:

elderboy02
10-22-2009, 04:54 AM
Can't beat that. Cigars are my preferred method of relaxation and solitude goes very well with one... especially after a crazy day at work!

aj

:tpd: Cigar smoking is a great relaxation method.

Mark C
10-22-2009, 05:40 AM
Cigars are a great way to get peace and quiet solitude.... at least where I'm at, nobody wants to be anywhere near me when I'm smokin'! :ss

Volt
10-22-2009, 05:56 AM
We as a society have so much "noise" in our lives, I think we are amazed when we finally get some peace and quiet. My time is when I am on the motorcycle. Some back roads in VA, wind in the face, and no one to trouble me. I've tried to add a cigar, but the just don't burn well on a bike :(

Where I work can be extremely loud at times. So when I left work today, I was ready for some peace. When I got to my local cigar shop, I set down lit my cigar and noticed that I was the only person in the place. It stayed that way for the entire time except when someone would come in and purchase their product. It was cool and my cigar was marvelous.:tu:ss

johnsmith321
10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Your experiences are all great. I would light my cigar when I am home alone with some wine. It gives me peace and I can concentrate on my thoughts completely.

johnsmith321
10-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Cohiba Cigars are a great thing that ever happened to me. They taste great, are well packaged and give peace to me!
:-)

gettysburgfreak
10-22-2009, 06:41 AM

:tpd:

kaisersozei
10-22-2009, 06:48 AM
I felt the delete key coming... ;)

Troy, what was it you smoked?

pnoon
10-22-2009, 06:49 AM

:tpd:

Let's keep this on topic and not bash the poster.

All of us have posted useless and meaningless things at times.

Don Fernando
10-22-2009, 06:53 AM
All of us have posted useless and meaningless things at times.

I don't

;)

Blueface
10-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I think that is one of the main reasons we all enjoy cigars.
We find them relaxing.
They bring us peace for whatever time it takes from start to finish.
It is a time to sit back, relax, forget the world or ponder about the world, whatever you choose.
Last night, got a call from a BOTL. Had not thought of a cigar as was busy all day into the evening. He mentioned he was relaxing in the yard with a drink and a cigar. I went ahead, got a drink, a RASCC, sat back, watched the ball game in the patio. Enjoyed the short smoke. Forgot about my hectic day.

Funny how that all works.

johnsmith321
10-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Alright guys, this is the cigar that would bring peace to your lives as well. I am sure, majority of you guys will be aware of this cigar. However, I am just sharing it because I am a bit new to the world of cigars. They are called idontknowwhatrulesare.com As we all know, they are tasteful, well made and packaged. Please give your views as well.
Thanks!

The Poet
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I am thinking of changing my handle to Useless And Meaningless Poster. :ss

Good for you, Troy. Onn pretty days - like this one here in Joisey - I sit on a bench in the center of town and watch the world go by while I enjoy a smoke for an hour or so. Part-time employment has its perks.

Don Fernando
10-22-2009, 12:57 PM
One of the most relaxing cigars I ever smoked was in London. I was waiting on a friend, and decided to light a cigar while sitting on a bench in the Buckingham gardens (the park next to the palace). It was a nice sunny day, I could see the tourists watching the palace and the guards, stressed businessmen in their suits walked by while talking in their phones but I relaxed, smoked, listened to the birds and enjoyed the afternoon.

mariogolbee
10-22-2009, 01:51 PM
One of the most relaxing cigars I ever smoked was in London. I was waiting on a friend, and decided to light a cigar while sitting on a bench in the Buckingham gardens (the park next to the palace). It was a nice sunny day, I could see the tourists watching the palace and the guards, stressed businessmen in their suits walked by while talking in their phones but I relaxed, smoked, listened to the birds and enjoyed the afternoon.
That sounds nice.

TheTraveler
10-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Sitting on a hilltop in the state park listening to the breeze blow through the shade trees. Sunlight glistening off the lake. Wispy clouds floating across a crystal blue sky. A cigar in one hand and a book in the other. Bliss.

Oh, and watching the crazies running laps around the island while I sat on my duff and smoked ..... priceless! :r

DPD6030
10-22-2009, 06:43 PM

So what cigar did you smoke?