PDA

View Full Version : Trying something new...

troy d.
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
I know that some may see this as being a little foolish, but I was smoking a cigar a few days ago and thinking about a illustration that I working on. Suddenly and without a lot of warning this thought of taking photographs came in to mind. As I kept smoking my cigar the thought of photography became more rapid in my mind and I started actually day dreaming. Is there anyone who can point me into the right direction. I don't want to be just picture man for the family. I would like to really try my hand at this and see where it leads. So if there is anyone who can give advice on how to proceed, I am willing to receive.:ss

s15driftking
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
what?

timo
10-20-2009, 08:05 PM
I know that some may see this as being a little foolish, but I was smoking a cigar a few days ago and thinking about a illustration that I working on. Suddenly and without a lot of warning this thought of taking photographs came in to mind. As I kept smoking my cigar the thought of photography became more rapid in my mind and I started actually day dreaming. Is there anyone who can point me into the right direction. I don't want to be just picture man for the family. I would like to really try my hand at this and see where it leads. So if there is anyone who can give advice on how to proceed, I am willing to receive.:ss
Ummm Buy a camera:)

cricky101
10-20-2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7905&highlight=photography

There are a lot of great photographers in the Asylum. Maybe check out some of the shots in that thread and send a PM or two.

Tenor CS
10-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Get a digital camera, take a lot of photos. Don't spend too much money at first. True skill at taking pictures comes from the photographer, not the equipment. Better equipment just makes the tasks easier.

troy d.
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM
Thank you guys for the advice, I am truly grateful.