PDA

View Full Version : Garcia Y Vega

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, why is the noob making a thread about such a cheep cigar!!:ss:tf hehe :) I was wondering how many of you have smoked a Garcia Y Vega? did you guys like it? specifically their Game series? I plan to smoke my first cigars and am wondering what you all think of these? what should I expect?

kelmac07
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
what should I expect?

Not much!!! :D

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
That was soooooooo fast! yet also a bummer at the same time! I heard that Green Game is actually fairly decent tho?

RightAJ
10-16-2009, 08:08 PM
The Games are decent for a gas station cigar... but nothing like a hand rolled stick. Great for mowing the lawn or if its cold and you want a little sweetness

aj

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:12 PM
cool, I plan to smoke mine when I'm fishing for bullhead with my friend its going to be a pretty darn cold night, but I guess I'm just asking if its going to have enough flavor for me to enjoy it a tad :)

stearns
10-16-2009, 08:14 PM
artificial flavor? yes, they will have plenty, but not what you want, more chemical than natural. you're better off finding a smoke shop and picking up some macanudos :2

stearns

TripleF
10-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I've smoked the GYV's before. It was before I discovered hand-rolleds but I enjoyed 'em from what I remember.

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:16 PM
artificial flavor? yes, they will have plenty, but not what you want, more chemical than natural. you're better off finding a smoke shop and picking up some macanudos :2

stearns

I would if I had a smoke shop in my town :p or haha..or maybe even one in the city next to me, but I have no such luck:(

RightAJ
10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
If you do take the above advice and find a shop, don't go with a Mac, they're boring!!!! No offence to anyone who likes them but it was my first real cigar and even then I realized it was bland... :2

aj

Skywalker
10-16-2009, 08:30 PM
I smoked a few Garcia Y Vega when I first got started!!!

Not as bad as some handmade, but not good!!!:2

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Well I'm glad to know that I at least bought a cigar that is better than a Black and Mild :p those truly sucked.

Biglizard1
10-16-2009, 08:46 PM
A lot of us have tried em, but many end up going past em later in life, enjoy what you have!! You will find what you want and like.

itsme_timd
10-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Run, run away from that cigar as fast as you can. Here is a "review" I posted of the Game Green on another forum.

Game Green to be more specific. A lovely little 2-pack I picked up at my B&M, errrrrr... the gas station.

Since these were behind the counter it was difficult for me to choose which one to get, I asked the clerk what flavors he had and he said "wine, vanilla, green and peach". Oh hell yes, I have to see what flavor "green" is. I'll take a pack of those. So with a smile on my face and great anticipation I took my Game Green cigars, 1 gallon of gas, pack of beef jerky and caffeine free Diet Coke and headed out. Sweet...

Once the evening cyberherf rolled around I couldn't wait to try one of these - at first it was a toss up between a DPG Blue and the Game cigar but then I said "Wait, WTF am I thinking? I've - got - GAME!" So, I tore the top tab off the pouch, unsnapped the ziploc top (they are recloseable to retain freshness) and slid one of these beauties out of the pouch. The first thing you notice is the amazingly green wrapper, they say it is a quick-cured candela but I suspect it may have been aged in left over nuclear waste barrels.

WOW! I repeat... WOW! The aroma of this is hard to describe, even harder to type as it was burning my eyes as well as my nose. Picture this... an MMA fighter wraps his hands in tape then dips them in nutmeg, honey, pancake syrup and pecans then repeatedly punches you in the mouth, nose and eye sockets - that is probably as close as you can get to the sensation of smelling a Game Green cigar.

The cold draw on this is very open thanks to the large penis hole positioned in the center of the amazingly phallic mushroom cap. To complete the penis-themed cigar there's a large vein running down from the cap - they could not have made a more penisish cigar if they tried. I submit the following photos as evidence.

No man should ever put one of these cigars in his mouth. But, for the benefit of my brothers here - I'm going to light this thing up. Toasting the foot of this cigar is really not necessary, as soon as you touch it with the flame it lights up like JJ at a Miley Cyrus concert. FWOOM!!!

I took a couple puffs on the Game and I really and truly can't describe the sensation that I got, it's probably best to just share some pictures of my reaction...

Yeah.... exactly. Smoking this was like taking it to the next level of pain. Picture that same MMA fighter going to IHOP with you and you ordering the short stack and then you drench that with butter pecan syrup. You go to take a bite and Mr. MMA begins ramming your face into the plate of pancakes repeatedly - that's what you get out of this cigar.

Let's review what we've got here...
Filler: Cleveland
Binder: Detroit
Wrapper: Chernobyl
Size 4 1/2" x 32RG
Cutter: No cutter needed, the phallic cigar already has a nice penis hole in it
Drink: I recommend bleach.

SUMMARY
These cigars should be made illegal and the folks and Garcia y Vega should be beaten to make sure they don't do this again. There is no reason under the sun that any human should ever smoke one of these - unless you are stranded in the wilderness in Montana and you are attempting to leave a scent trail that bloodhounds can pick up from 100 miles away.

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Run, run away from that cigar as fast as you can. Here is a "review" I posted of the Game Green on another forum.
Well I had bought it and am not going to let it go to waste...regardless of how disgusting it may be :P I got another one its Wine Game...but oh well, maybe I will like it? everyone's taste buds and such are different.

itsme_timd
10-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Well I had bought it and am not going to let it go to waste...regardless of how disgusting it may be :P I got another one its Wine Game...but oh well, maybe I will like it? everyone's taste buds and such are different.

May be the force be with you, always. :banger

Zanaspus
10-16-2009, 09:06 PM
I would if I had a smoke shop in my town :p or haha..or maybe even one in the city next to me, but I have no such luck:(
This is why they invented the internet. :ss

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 09:10 PM
May be the force be with you, always. :banger

haha definitely, your review made the Cigar sound disgusting:r but I think I'm just going to hope that being its a machine made Cigar that yours was just a defect :p lulz

EDIT: OH!! I just realized something!! so these Cigars come with the cap already taken care of and ready to smoke right out of the wrapper! YES!! at least that solves one of my problems ;) (for now)

Kreth
10-16-2009, 09:29 PM
That was one of the funniest reviews I have ever read. :r
When you've recovered, check out some of the online retailers like Cigars International, Famous Smoke Shop, Holts, etc. You can find some decent handmade bundle cigars for probably not much more than you paid for that GyV. If you poke around the forum there's a thread (or ten) here recommending some good budget cigars.
Posted via Mobile Device

RightAJ
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Geez guys they aren't that bad... IMO that review was embelished to the extreme. I have had these and they are not trying to be a "premium" cigar -it is a gas station cigar and you have to keep that in mind.

aj

PS the review was hilarious :r

Cigar_Noob
10-16-2009, 09:45 PM
I'll agree that the review was actually very funny :D too bad you didn't keep the pictures in with the review! I would have loved to see them.

bobarian
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Most of us smoked some pretty disgusting stuff when we started out. It sounds like you are embarking on this journey in the right frame of mind. Experiment, taste and try as many different things as you can. I do not concur with the poster who said to ignore Macanudo's, there is a reason they are one of the top selling(if not the top) brands on the market. You are correct that the Garcia Y Vega is a step up from the Black and Mild. It has a whole leaf rather than homogenized wrapper.

Although unintentional, most of us look down upon these entry level cigars in the same way we look down upon flavor cigars such as Acid's and the CAO flavours line. But everyone has to start somewhere. At some point you may decide to move to a hand made short filler cigar and then to long filler premiums. But try as many different smokes as you can and enjoy the ride.

Be sure and take a few pics of your fishing expedition and post your thoughts on the GyV. :tu

itsme_timd
10-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Bobarian, the wrapper on the Games actually is a homogenized wrapper as opposed to whole leaf.

OK, so I did get a 'bit' creative with my review of the cigar... just a bit. :D

Funny story on the pics of the cigar, Photobucket actually pulled them due to TOS violations, I swear it looks just like a penis. However I found them on my PC and attached a couple here. :ss

Enjoy. :tu

bobarian
10-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Sorry, I was just going by the description on Famous. http://www.famous-smoke.com/garcia+y+vega+game+palma+green+cigars/item+25773

I have never seen or smoked one before. My son in law gave me one in a plastic tube a while back and that looked like a natural leaf. ;s

hornitosmonster
10-17-2009, 12:39 AM
Yes, why is the noob making a thread about such a cheep cigar!!:ss:tf hehe :) I was wondering how many of you have smoked a Garcia Y Vega? did you guys like it? specifically their Game series? I plan to smoke my first cigars and am wondering what you all think of these? what should I expect?

Nah...If I'm going ultra cheap (nothing wrong with it) then I'm going Clint Eastwood (Ratty, Ugly, Tasty, Sweet, Shaggy Foot).

Cigar_Noob
10-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I'll try to get pictures :p Trying to look up reviews for this Cigar it seems so mixed! some love it some despise it, but I also notice the majority of reviews seem to love it for putting weed in it....which is pretty darn lame.

Starscream
10-17-2009, 02:22 PM
You gotta start somehwere. I remember my gas station cigar smoking days. Check out www.cigarsinternational.com or www.jrcigars.com. The more cigars you try, the more knowledgable you will become as to what you like. I know a bunch of people who won't smoke a handmade cigar as they think it's nasty. They choose to stick with their good ol' Phillies and White Owls.

itsme_timd
10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I was just going by the description on Famous. http://www.famous-smoke.com/garcia+y+vega+game+palma+green+cigars/item+25773

I have never seen or smoked one before. My son in law gave me one in a plastic tube a while back and that looked like a natural leaf. ;s

My bad, I think this is actually correct. I chopped one up and it did have a leaf wrapper but a homogenized binder on it. Crazy. ;s

The Poet
10-17-2009, 02:25 PM
I also notice the majority of reviews seem to love it for putting weed in it....which is pretty darn lame.

I'd agree - I have too much respect for cigars AND/OR weed to spoil either. :r

As for GyV, there are many worse drugstore stogies out there. When I fly, I pack up my good smokes yet stick a few cheap sticks in my coat's inner pocket to burn while I'm waiting for my ride - ones I don't mind tossing halfway through. GyVs in tubes work great for this, both in the hauling and the tossing phase.

Cigar_Noob
10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Me and my bud where walking around and he decided to buy himself a Garcia Y Vega English Corona....DISGUSTING!! he hated it, and the smell was even worse..it smelt like a GIANT cigarette...and he said it tasted like one too..oh boy..I hope my Game series Cigars will taste better than that :p OH!!! on other news!!! I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CIGAR CUTTER!! \m/0_0\m/

itsme_timd
10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Me and my bud where walking around and he decided to buy himself a Garcia Y Vega English Corona....DISGUSTING!! he hated it, and the smell was even worse..it smelt like a GIANT cigarette...and he said it tasted like one too..oh boy..I hope my Game series Cigars will taste better than that :p OH!!! on other news!!! I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST CIGAR CUTTER!! \m/0_0\m/

You gonna smoke that thing or are you aging it?!?!?! :r :r :r

Cigar_Noob
10-18-2009, 04:53 PM
LOL I'm saving it for when I fish with my buddy...which is going to be on a Tuesday.

Adriftpanda
10-18-2009, 04:54 PM
LOL I'm saving it for when I fish with my buddy...which is going to be on a Tuesday.

Enjoy it Josh! Hey, if you like it then awesome! Have a good time fishing. :tu

Cigar_Noob
10-18-2009, 04:58 PM
:D yeah thanks :) I really hope I do.

Red
10-18-2009, 06:42 PM
do you think cigar noob is a good name. I mean what if your in this forum for 15 years
and clearly with your willingness to set everyone up to be told how stupid we are when expressing our opinion on how lame this "the game" cigar is you are not a noob...but in fact a full time experienced dummbb asssss piece of dog ssshiiit veteran that is looking to stir the pot

Red
10-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm just joking of course :) good luck with the game

Starscream
10-18-2009, 06:44 PM
do you think cigar noob is a good name. I mean what if your in this forum for 15 years
and clearly with your willingness to set everyone up to be told how stupid we are when expressing our opinion on how lame this "the game" cigar is you are not a noob...but in fact a full time experienced dummbb asssss piece of dog ssshiiit veteran that is looking to stir the pot

:confused:

Cigar_Noob
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
hahaha I've gotten a similar response for a similar name in a different forum:r however theirs was more serious than yours:ss

Red
10-18-2009, 06:47 PM
hahaha I've gotten a similar response for a similar name in a different forum:r however theirs was more serious than yours:ss

i just wanted to spice the thread up , the game is one of my favorites !!!

jerseystepup
10-18-2009, 10:22 PM
josh just curious.... how old are you?

Cigar_Noob
10-18-2009, 10:44 PM

T.G
10-18-2009, 11:29 PM
My bad, I think this is actually correct. I chopped one up and it did have a leaf wrapper but a homogenized binder on it. Crazy. ;s

HTL binders with NTL wrappers is actually not that uncommon.

Cigar_Noob
10-19-2009, 01:17 AM
i just wanted to spice the thread up , the game is one of my favorites !!!

Oh don't worry...this world needs the occasional spice:ss

Aldebaran
10-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Garcia y Vega English Corona was my first cigar and while it isnt the best I've had Premiums and other "real" cigars that I'd choose a GyV over.

Not terrible but still bad.

Cigar_Noob
10-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Garcia y Vega English Corona was my first cigar and while it isnt the best I've had Premiums and other "real" cigars that I'd choose a GyV over.

Not terrible but still bad.

You wouldn't call the English Corona terrible? it smelled like a giant cigarette...oh well..to each their own tho ay?:tu

Red
10-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Oh don't worry...this world needs the occasional spice:ss

That gyv is full of spice, mostly basil yum

Cigar_Noob
10-25-2009, 09:16 AM
I officially agree 100% with your review!!:ss

itsme_timd
10-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I officially agree 100% with your review!!:ss

:r You don't know if you don't try, right?

Have any other cigars on your radar that you want to try???

Cigar_Noob
10-25-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes..my Man O' War...and My Drew Estate...and a few others I can't remember the name to.....oh..Rocky Patel lite.

bobarian
10-25-2009, 10:36 AM
A few tips to remember when starting out smoking cigars.

Dont smoke on an empty stomach
Drink water or a non diet soda
Smoke slowly, one good puff a minute
Do not inhale
Try exhaling a bit through your nose(search snorking or retrohaling)
Dont light a cigar if you are in a hurry, cigars are meant to be enjoyed and savored.
Take notes on what you liked or disliked about the cigar, this will help you begin to define your tastes and lead you to what to try next.
Enjoy yourself

ZenSilk
10-25-2009, 10:51 AM
That review from TimD actually made me spit out my coffee! Chernobyl... ha!