PDA

View Full Version : Interacial couple denied!!

Adriftpanda
10-16-2009, 11:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091016/ap_on_re_us/us_interracial_rebuff

Just sat down to do some paper work and opened my yahoo, this was the first article they had up. I read most of it but was just disgusted by the ignorance of some some people that I had to stop reading. Being a minority throughout my entire life, I have never faced or even heard about things like thins, it just makes me sick to be honest. Well, read it! I guess I'll finish reading it. Just thought I would share. Have a good weekend guys!

McSmokey
10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
That's unbelievable!!!!

Adriftpanda
10-16-2009, 12:00 PM
"There is a problem with both groups accepting a child from such a marriage," Bardwell said. "I think those children suffer and I won't help put them through it."

Keith Bardwell later says,

"I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."

Shakes my head.

Col. Kurtz
10-16-2009, 12:01 PM
That's unbelievable!!!!

Agreed. Everyone should be able to experience the agony of matrimony.

;s

I keed, I keed.

AD720
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Disgusting. It never ends.

ActionAndy
10-16-2009, 12:03 PM
"I let them use my bathroom."

LOL.

Sir Fauntleroy himself, such a gracious, noble soul! His bathroom, can you believe it!

kelmac07
10-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Total garbage!! :td :td

Darrell
10-16-2009, 12:12 PM
That guy just kissed his ass off the bench.

Skywalker
10-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I read this article to my staff this morning as we started our Civil Rights Training!!!

Discrimination still does exist!!!:(

Riff Raff
10-16-2009, 01:08 PM
That is disgusting. I can't believe the ignorance of some people! Growing up in the southwest, I never saw racism and denied the existence of it. That is, until I moved to South Carolina. I can't believe that these so called "Christians" discriminate based on skin color! God doesn't discriminate. Why do we?

BlackDog
10-16-2009, 01:37 PM
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way,"
Huh? :mad:

BlackDog
10-16-2009, 01:47 PM
I see, interestingly, that they have dramatically shortened the news article in the past 5 minutes.

the nub
10-16-2009, 02:06 PM
'He says children of such unions face troubling futures.'

Such as, being treated fairly by certain justices of the peace. :rolleyes:

Tio Gato
10-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Some people just really want to go to hell when they die. He's a sure thing.:td

The Poet
10-16-2009, 03:05 PM
That's unbelievable!!!!

To me, that's totally believable. Unacceptable, illegal, inhuman, ignorant, whatever, but believable. As a white who grew up in The South and who can remember "colored" bathrooms, fountains, movie balconies, etc., I may be shocked but am in the least surprised.

Blueface
10-16-2009, 04:17 PM
That guy is gone soon enough.
He has no right ruling on an issue ruled already by the Constitution.

On the lighter side, how dare he not allow this poor guy to be miserable in marriage.:D

mosesbotbol
10-17-2009, 08:45 AM
She looks pretty cute too; good for him! Why should anyone care who one has a civil union with? The State is not a church. One more blow to Jindal as a potential presidential candidate. At least he was smart enough to take quick and decisive action.

My question is how long has this guy been denying marriages and why didn't the Jindal et al take steps to correct this years ago? I have hard time believing this is a first time event with this guy.

If Jindal has any chance at winning the GOP, he has to get his house in order now.

captain53
10-17-2009, 08:50 AM
To me racial issues, religion and politics should be discussed on another more appropriate site.

nozero
10-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Bummer.:td

floydpink
10-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I never knew the meaning of happiness until I got married.

By then it was too late.

Rabidsquirrel
10-17-2009, 10:18 AM
WTF is up with that article title? "Many angry man..."? Am I missing something?

If the guy is unwilling to fulfill the duties of his office, he should be removed,

Blueface
10-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I never knew the meaning of happiness until I got married.

By then it was too late.

So true.
After 27 years married, my wife tells me I am a happily married man.:D

floydpink
10-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Funny story about that line, which I can't take credit for;

I was recently in the Magic Kingdom with my daughter and we stopped for lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, where Sonny Eclipse, the robotic martian entertains on the stage while you eat burgers and chicken.

He cracked that joke and I laughed out loud and had to try to explain to a 4 year old why I was laughing.

I realized I wouldn't have that experience without marriage, so it's not too bad afterall.

FWIW, my wife if from another country and I am far from racist, but get comments all the time about living in the South with a name that ends in "stein". I just shrug it off and keep my chin up.

Not sure about Sonny though....

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/rastapete69/sonny_eclipse.jpg

Footbag
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Funny story about that line, which I can't take credit for;

I was recently in the Magic Kingdom with my daughter and we stopped for lunch at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, where Sonny Eclipse, the robotic martian entertains on the stage while you eat burgers and chicken.

He cracked that joke and I laughed out loud and had to try to explain to a 4 year old why I was laughing.

I realized I wouldn't have that experience without marriage, so it's not too bad afterall.

FWIW, my wife if from another country and I am far from racist, but get comments all the time about living in the South with a name that ends in "stein". I just shrug it off and keep my chin up.

Not sure about Sonny though....

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc266/rastapete69/sonny_eclipse.jpg

My father has been using that line for as long as I can remember. I've adopted it for appropriate situations.