PDA

View Full Version : 5 Vegas Relic and Cask Strength Cigars

Namerifrats
10-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm a fan of the 5 Vegas cigars, especially the Series "A" and the Miami cigars. Had my eye on the Cask Strength and the Relics for a while now since first seeing them appear on Cigarbid. I have a sampler coming that has a Relic in it, and have bids on 5 packs of both he Relic and the Cask Strength. Just wondering what you guys that have tried them thought. They look really good!

Kreth
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM
I've tried both and liked them. I posted reviews here.
Posted via Mobile Device

mojo65
10-16-2009, 08:47 AM
I have some relics and cant keep the buggers lit.... 65% storage.....the flavor doesent seem worth the hassle.

e-man67
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Had a few Relics...tight draw...not a fan of any 5 Vegas except for the Miami.

Tredegar
10-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Had the Relics when they first came out and about with six months of aging/resting in my humi. The initial taste was okay, but had a lot of burn issues. After 6 months the flavors did improve a bit, definitely an earthier flavor, burn still isn't spectacular but not too bad a smoke.

jerseystepup
10-16-2009, 01:19 PM
5 vegas cigars has opened many doors for me.. first box i EVER bought was the 5 vegas gold.. a few months later the blacks.. now my taste has changed so much over the years that the miami is the only stick from them i REALLY enjoy.. ill occassionaly revist a black... the relic i didnt care for at all... much better smokes in that price range

T.G
10-16-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm a fan of the 5 Vegas cigars, especially the Series "A" and the Miami cigars. Had my eye on the Cask Strength and the Relics for a while now since first seeing them appear on Cigarbid. I have a sampler coming that has a Relic in it, and have bids on 5 packs of both he Relic and the Cask Strength. Just wondering what you guys that have tried them thought. They look really good!

They are worth a try as you never know what cigar you might end up liking, or even when you find a new favorite ____ (cheapie, yard gar, golf smoke, etc...).

I'm assuming you mean Cask-II's. Casks have been gone for over a year now.

jbo57
10-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Have never had a Relic...put in a couple bids on them, but never won. I used to love the Cask Strengths...but have never had one since they reblended them. If they are anything like to old ones, then you are in for a treat.

systm
10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
The Relics Are quite good, when they stay lit, they just need to be a little dryer. Haven't Tried the Cask Strength

Mark C
10-16-2009, 05:57 PM
The one Relic I smoked was very enjoyable, and 100% problem free. Lit once, burned steady the whole way through.

Starscream
10-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Cask Strength II ain't bad. Never had a Relic.

NickyTeen
10-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Don't care for the Relic, but the Cask II is pretty nice with some age.:2

bookman
10-16-2009, 07:31 PM
I like the Relics better than the Cask. Didn't have any burn issues. Give em both about 6 months.

ZenSilk
10-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I bought the Cask Strength based on some reviews here, and I found it to be much more mild then what the reviews said. All I got from it was sweet tobacco with a hint of sweet spice. It was not bad by all means, just weak for my tastes.

The relic is very dark tobacco, but also very one dimensional. Not my favorite smoke either.

Mark C
10-17-2009, 08:41 PM
On a side note, anybody have an empty box for either Relic or Cask Strength II? They're neat lookin', but I'm not gonna pay that much for those cigars, just for a box. Would be willing to throw down a few bucks though, or a trade.

Namerifrats
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Well, been a while since I posted this. I've tried both the Cask II and the Relic.

The Relic had a really strong smell, like it was going to be a "heavy" smoke. Ended up being Med, really good flavor, good burn, no problems.

The Cask II, smelled fine on pre-light, burned good the whole time. It had this really bitter taste all the way through it though. Cigar never got too hot, averaged a puff every minute- minute and a half. Purged it a time or three to see if that would help. Nada... I have one more, will let it sit in the humi a couple month before trying it.

I usually let everything from Cigarbid sit for at least a month before smoking. I've smoked a few within a couple of days though without problems. I was eager to try these, and only gave them 8-10 days each.