PDA

View Full Version : ...STILL can't get a taste for...

boonedoggle
10-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Anejo! Man, I have tried every size, aged, unaged...and I still think they are one of the harshest smokes around. I am sipping through a 48 right now, and it is just basically rough around the edges. I dunno. This isn't one of my "official" reviews, so I thought I would throw this thread in the All Cigar Discussion. I'm gonna try to get down to 3/4 to see if anything exciting happens...

RightAJ
10-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Hmmm that is weird I always enjoy them, never had a problem. Humi too high? Try dryboxing one and see perhaps.

aj

duckmanco
10-15-2009, 09:22 AM
you can't love them all, and trust me, with the Fuente manufactured rarities practice, and for what you pay.... I'd skip'em if you don't think they are anything less than the second coming :2

smokin5
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, you can't like everything.
But if you're looking to unload any unsmoked ones....:D

kaisersozei
10-15-2009, 09:29 AM
:np

;) I've enjoyed the two I've smoked, but I understand what you're saying. They did hit me as kind of harsh, especially on the sides of my tongue & throat. Maybe I was expecting something smoother.

jovenhut
10-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I love the Anejo Harsh :)

Da Klugs
10-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Anejo! Man, I have tried every size, aged, unaged...and I still think they are one of the harshest smokes around. I am sipping through a 48 right now, and it is just basically rough around the edges. I dunno. This isn't one of my "official" reviews, so I thought I would throw this thread in the All Cigar Discussion. I'm gonna try to get down to 3/4 to see if anything exciting happens...

I think they are designed for mouth smokers. Most of them make my nose hurt.

SmokinApe
10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Most over rated cigar ever IMO....

Doctorossi
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
you can't love them all, and trust me, with the Fuente manufactured rarities practice, and for what you pay.... I'd skip'em if you don't think they are anything less than the second coming :2

:tpd: Sounds like you've given them more than a fair shake, so count your blessings that these expensive and hard-to-find sticks don't do much for you. Save your time and your pennies for something you find tasty.

coastietech
10-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Most over rated cigar ever IMO....

That's my opinion of the Opus X...

thebiglebowski
10-15-2009, 11:25 AM

if you're looking to unload any anejos, please PM me.

also - what year is this?

JJG
10-15-2009, 11:30 AM
I've only smoked one and I don't remember it leaving any impression on me whatsoever. I don't even know if I finished it. That one was part of a trade, and since they are so expensive and not easy to come by, I haven't bothered to try another since.

Bax
10-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I didn't like them at first but I put a few down to rest and have really enjoyed them after sitting for a couple years.

Uflbassin
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM

Agreed, nothing that qualifies the cigar of such a big price tag.

SkinsFanLarry
10-15-2009, 03:14 PM

I agree with both of you 100% about the Anejo and Opus X!

Now the "Casa Fuente" I believe is the best cigar they make in my opinion! If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, give me a Casa Fuente anyday!

Darrell
10-15-2009, 03:51 PM
I have to agree with you Jimmy, I cannot get a taste for them either. All the ones I've ever smoked be it fresh or aged up to 5 yrs -- I still find them harsh and rough.

BC-Axeman
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Sometimes I like a harsh cigar. As long as I like the taste. I don't like the burnt paper kind of harshness. I like Anejos but agree they're overpriced. Now the Hemis are well worth it IMHO.

BC-Axeman
10-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Darrell has been smoking too many floral CCs.

ucla695
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I enjoy the Sharks the most...especially with Porto. The others have never really grown on me. That said, I don't really bother chasing them down any more. The bang for the just isn't there for me. :)

cbsmokin
10-15-2009, 07:04 PM
I think they are designed for mouth smokers. Most of them make my nose hurt.

What is your nose doing in my mouth?

troutbreath
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Love 'em. Let me know when you are not buying them, and I'll pick up your allotment.

Life's too short to smoke what you don't like, though, and you seem to have given these a fair shot.

darkninja67
10-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Wow, this thread perfectly illustrates how we all have different tastes and palates.
Personally I will take a box of Anejo 55s over just about anything. I find them mellow and best enjoyed slowly.

boonedoggle
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Interestingly enough, I really don't like any of the Fuente cigars I've smoked, save Ashton VSG (NOT ESG) and the Short Story. I've had one Casa Fuente corona in my life, and I thought it was ok...but not even close to being worth $20! Give me anything by Padron on D. Pepin for the rest of my days!:)

JJG
10-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Now the "Casa Fuente" I believe is the best cigar they make in my opinion! If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, give me a Casa Fuente anyday!

I agree 100% !!!

I wonder if there are any brothers here that live near Vegas and would be willing to help the rest of us out on a group buy :D