PDA

View Full Version : I shoved a friend down the slope...my bad.

Bobb
10-13-2009, 11:09 PM
First of all I wanted to say that it is good to read some posts on here by some friends I have not heard from for a while. I have been SUPER busy teaching in Alaska and have not been posting....reading a little from time to time...but not posting.

Now about this friend:

I was playing a LOT of disc golf this summer and, through this fantastic activity, finally met a few people here in Fairbanks, AK my own age. One of these was a guy who would bring swisher sweets to the frolf course. I asked him (as polity as I could) if he would ever be interested in a slight upgrade; a hand rolled, long filler, non-flavored cigar. He said that he has had a few in the past and would love to try another. I decided to let him try a Cabaiguan...he was hooked from there. That was about a month ago...he now has a 150 count humi filling up, an account with the devil-site, and several sampler packs in the mail (no need to mention the huge credit card bill.) It has been great having someone to come over for some scotch and a smoke! when I moved to Alaska, I went from three cigars a day to about one every other month (if I was lucky.) Now that I have a "smoking buddy" I am enjoying the hobby about once a week!

I still love going out into the woods by the fire, alone with a good book and a few sticks...but having some company has been a very welcome change to the norm.

Rock on,
~Bobb

pnoon
10-13-2009, 11:11 PM
First of all I wanted to say that it is good to read some posts on here by some friends I have not heard from for a while. I have been SUPER busy teaching in Alaska and have not been posting....reading a little from time to time...but not posting.

Now about this friend:

I was playing a LOT of disc golf this summer and, through this fantastic activity, finally met a few people here in Fairbanks, AK my own age. One of these was a guy who would bring swisher sweets to the frolf course. I asked him (as polity as I could) if he would ever be interested in a slight upgrade; a hand rolled, long filler, non-flavored cigar. He said that he has had a few in the past and would love to try another. I decided to let him try a Cabaiguan...he was hooked from there. That was about a month ago...he now has a 150 count humi filling up, an account with the devil-site, and several sampler packs in the mail (no need to mention the huge credit card bill.) It has been great having someone to come over for some scotch and a smoke! when I moved to Alaska, I went from three cigars a day to about one every other month (if I was lucky.) Now that I have a "smoking buddy" I am enjoying the hobby about once a week!

I still love going out into the woods by the fire, alone with a good book and a few sticks...but having some company has been a very welcome change to the norm.

Rock on,
~Bobb

Good to see you again, Bobb.

Sounds like you kicked him but good. Nicely played.

bvilchez
10-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Another one bites the dust

Jbailey
10-14-2009, 12:42 AM
That's a great story Bob, well done.

Hope all is going well for you sir.

Namerifrats
10-14-2009, 02:23 AM
I still find myself flying down the slope, 2 years after I smoked my first cigar!

Adriftpanda
10-14-2009, 03:02 AM
Another one bites the dust

Couldn't have said it any better. :tu

dunng
10-14-2009, 04:27 AM
Nicely done! :tu

68TriShield
10-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Bobb,you ass!

j/k way to go Bobb :r

ZenSilk
10-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I've racked up 2 kills, as a matter of fact. :) . 3 I guess if you count the new fish.

wrench turner 85
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM
ooops ;s :r

Bobb
10-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Bobb,you ass!

Thanks Dave!!!! :ss