PDA

View Full Version : Room 101 cigar,anyone?

gbum
10-13-2009, 05:05 AM
http://camachocigars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Room-101-Cigars.jpg

http://www.room101cigars.com

Founded in 2003 by Matt Booth, Room101 is the premier luxury lifestyle brand, based in Hollywood, CA. What started as a designer’s dream to create unique pieces of jewelry, has grown into an all-encompassing design studio, producing luxury items for all facets of life. Room101 is unmatched in the quality of both design and final products and has quickly become a stand out in the industry.

yada yada...ok..nuff said... anybody have try these cigars?any opinion?
:ss

p/s:i notice it some sort like a trend or i dunno what to call it ...sam lecia from the oliva... pete johnson with tatuaje... then come matt booth from camacho... any comment...

dannysguitar
10-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Haven't tried them yet. I really want to tho...

zitro_joe
10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
I want one as well. As ling as it is good, I dont care what name is on it.

s15driftking
10-13-2009, 09:38 AM
I smoked one, it's camacho's new cigar. It was decent. I'd rate it a medium body with some nice subtle spicey notes. Rich flavor, but not terribly complex.

Didn't blow my hair back but still a good smoke.

T.G
10-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Founded in 2003 by Matt Booth, Room101 is the premier luxury lifestyle brand, based in Hollywood, CA. What started as a designer’s dream to create unique pieces of jewelry, has grown into an all-encompassing design studio, producing luxury items for all facets of life. Room101 is unmatched in the quality of both design and final products and has quickly become a stand out in the industry.

...and so it begins again...that was the same line of BS used in the 90's for every bozo who wanted to jump into the fray with an overpriced mediocre cigar.

Yippee. I just can't wait...

Footbag
10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
The verbiage of the ad doesn't really appeal to the sceptical cigar smoker in me. I'm not sure how being a luxury item retailer gives you any credibility in the cigar biz. Even if Camacho is making the cigars, seems a bit like the "It's expensive so buy it pitch!"

T.G
10-13-2009, 03:50 PM
The verbiage of the ad doesn't really appeal to the sceptical cigar smoker in me. I'm not sure how being a luxury item retailer gives you any credibility in the cigar biz. Even if Camacho is making the cigars, seems a bit like the "It's expensive so buy it pitch!"

That pitch worked like a charm for Zino Davidoff...:rolleyes:

Footbag
10-13-2009, 03:55 PM
That pitch worked like a charm for Zino Davidoff...:rolleyes:

At least he had years in the industry to gain credibility.

T.G
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
At least he had years in the industry to gain credibility.

Yeah, you do have a point there.

ade06
10-13-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm waiting for the free Room101s that the Camacho marketing director promissed me (due to their failure to make good on the "Black Band" promo). I'm still waiting...

T.G
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm waiting for the free Room101s that the Camacho marketing director promissed me (due to their failure to make good on the "Black Band" promo). I'm still waiting...

Me too.

I'm also not holding my breath.

SmokinApe
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Based off the ad, I'll pass...

The Poet
10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
p/s:i notice it some sort like a trend or i dunno what to call it ...sam lecia from the oliva... pete johnson with tatuaje... then come matt booth from camacho... any comment...

Don't know if it relates, but this may not of necessity be a bad thing. OK, the trend may have began with those overpriced Sinatra stogies, but that other Frank, Frank Vincent (of Sopranos fame) is a genuine cigar-lover who happened to be giving an interview for Cigar Magazine while Lew Rothman was auditing. When Frank said he'd always wanted to develop his own smoke, Lew thought "Hmmmm. You serious? We can do that." So, they did.

Brooks W
10-13-2009, 05:12 PM
http://camachocigars.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Room-101-Cigars.jpg

http://www.room101cigars.com

yada yada...ok..nuff said... anybody have try these cigars?any opinion?
:ss

Since you asked: :D:D

http://tinyurl.com/ykka687

~brooks

Adriftpanda
10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
For the price, I wouldn't mind giving this a try. MSRP was under 8 I believe for each sizes.

Rkyro
10-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Wonderful blend. I honestly cant say enough good things about this line. I've only five so far but they have all been rock solid. Im a pretty fast smoker and this cigar handles the heat very well. Heres a review my local b&m wrote up about it.

"The cigar has a nice looking dark chocolate color wrapper that has a few veins but nothing that stands out. The cigar has a wonderful flat triple cap and is well rolled. These cigars have a nice band utilizing the colors of silver & black.

What I noticed about the flavor of Room 101 is that had a nice rich tobacco note. The initial third of the cigar has some pepper notes and earth and as you smoke it down it starts to get creamy, further smoking it down you start to notice a harder taste of expresso and leather, then it goes to back to earthy flavor with hints of chocolate and spice. disappearing before the third is up leaving a rich creamy smoke in its wake. As we approach the 2nd third of the smoke, notes of leather begin to emerge with a strong espresso note mixed in as well. The final third of this cigar was a rich earthy note with a touch of chocolate and spice.
This cigar is 100% Camacho. Hand Made in Honduras. "

poriggity
10-13-2009, 10:11 PM
I haven't gotten my BB cigars yet either, and was promised I'd get them. That being said, I've heard the 101 is a bit young yet, and not ready for smoking. I may still be buying a few of these, just to try em out.
Scott

Daustin333
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
For all of you that were not shipped BBP cigars, we have a mailing going out in a week or so. The mail house who handled the parcels has returned to us a list of 300 or so that were not shipped. IF you completed the project and entered your information correctly, you will be receiving some cigars shortly. We plan to make good on what was promised.

Dylan@Camacho

leafandale
10-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Based off the ad, I'll pass...

Forget about the ad and the "conspiracy" hype with the goofy cutting edge "I'm hip... you're not" look. I'd rather let the cigar stand on it's own merits. I've had 3 of these.

The first one was meh....
Then we got our first shipment of these yesterday. I must say they were appreciably better than the sample I had. It's unlike any Camacho I've had, and it's got a nice, medium body and a pretty well rounded flavor. Not extremely complex, but enjoyable.

I think the marketing is goofy. I think the cigar is pretty good.

Damon
10-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I tried one in Pensacola, FL last week while on vacation - the local B&M was having an event for this cigar last Thurs/Fri. Overall, I was impressed with the stick, great construction and taste. The price point was good also.