PDA

View Full Version : Do Any of You Use Rhapsody Music Service?

BlackDog
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM
I've subscribed for about 2 years, and I keep finding that music I want to download is not available. Today I was looking for Peter Garbriel albums, and they only have a three or four of his many albums. Recently my wife wanted an Enya album and the same thing. I know that Rhapsody supposedly has the largest music library of the on-line services, but it's frustrating when you can't get the music you're looking for.

elderboy02
10-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Nope. I use Pandora.

Resipsa
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I use Rhapsody. Generally I like it, and with the new app they have for the Iphone it's become much more useful.

The problem isn't with Rhapsody, it's with the record companies and license holders. Rhapsody can only offer what they can get licenses to.

The whole music model is changing, and some music companies and artists are holding onto the old model tooth and nail, refusing to give licenses to services like Rhapsody. Its going to bite them in the ass in the long run, because physical media is a dying breed.

BlackDog
10-11-2009, 06:08 AM
The problem isn't with Rhapsody, it's with the record companies and license holders. Rhapsody can only offer what they can get licenses to.

I wondered about that. So do all of the companies like Rhapsody and I-Tunes basically all have the same music?

BlackDog
10-11-2009, 06:16 AM
Nope. I use Pandora.

Just checked that out, as I hadn't heard of it before. Not sure that's a service I'd be interested in.

Blueface
10-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I was recently recommended Amazon and found songs I could not find in iTunes.

jledou
10-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I have used Napster for about a year and a half and run into the same problem.

Resipsa
10-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Just checked that out, as I hadn't heard of it before. Not sure that's a service I'd be interested in.

Pandora is not the same type service as rhapsody and the other streaming services like napster and Spotify.

Hell Pandora isn't even the best of class in it's own service type, was
surpassed a long time ago by Slacker and LastFm, if you decide to
go that route. Pandora is by far the worst of those similar type services

BlackDog
10-12-2009, 08:27 AM
I was recently recommended Amazon and found songs I could not find in iTunes.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I don't mean to badmouth Rhapsody, I've been happy with them, but it's frustrating when you can't find music from a well known artist that you think you should be able to find. If the fault is on the side of the artist and recording industry, well there's nothing any of the on-line companies can do about it.