PDA

View Full Version : Chateau Real Cristales Deluxe

borndead1
10-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Size: 5.2" X 50

What a great smoke. I LOVE mild Connecticut wrap cigars, and this one never disappoints. Mild, but tons of flavor, and quite a wide spectrum of flavors for a mild cigar. I get the typical creamy/buttery flavors that most cigars this style offer, but underneath is cinnamon, coconut and floral. The finish is tangy and lingers on the palate between draws. Burn and draw are perfect.

This is one of those rare mild NCs that actually get better with extended humidor time. Many mild cigars lose their flavor after a while, but my experience with Chateau Real is that they are better after 1 year than they are fresh or even after 1 month.

This is one helluva line of cigars IMO. This size and the 5.5" X 46 Mag 46 are my favorite sizes.

The downside? This size only comes in boxes of 8. :(

njstone
10-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Nice little review! Do you think the Cristales Deluxe version is better than the others? I've had a couple of the regular robustos, but have a box of these nice tubos that have been sleeping for over a year now. I've been wondering how they compare.

borndead1
10-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Nice little review! Do you think the Cristales Deluxe version is better than the others? I've had a couple of the regular robustos, but have a box of these nice tubos that have been sleeping for over a year now. I've been wondering how they compare.

I like the Cristales more than the Noble Habana, BUT only because of size. 54 ring gauge is too fat for me.

I say fire one up. :tu I know it's hard to pop the cherry of the full box, but just do it. :r

OHRD
10-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Excellent review; I'm a big fan of creamy mild smokes, and to find one that has additional flavors as well, that's a big win for me. I will definitely be adding this one to my list. Thanks for the review. Oh, what's the retail on these?