PDA

View Full Version : New and hilarious flavors!

Doctorossi
10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
So, last night, I was smoking an Illusione Holy Lance and I was about to hit that point (usually about 60% of the way in) where a lot of cigars start to pick up some creaminess in their flavor. When it hit, in this one, it was a very fatty taste of full, heavy cream as opposed to that I get with most sticks- a flavor I would describe more as "milk solids". This alone was a new experience, but here's where it gets crazy, and I swear this is the truth.

The last puff I took before the whole cream appeared: dry cat food. Yes, distinctly.

I had a good, long laugh about the cat food/whole cream one-two punch. I guess the Holy Lance is really a cigar for pussies.

Can anyone share a similar experience? Not cat food, necessarily, but the appearance of a flavor utterly out of left-field and not in any way vague? What startled you?

poriggity
10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Can't say I've ever had that experience, although I wouldn't say my pallette is uber-refined. I can say, without a doubt, if I ever taste cat food in my cigar, its getting pitched immediately. I don't smoke them for that flavor.
Scott

kelmac07
10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Cat food? that is a first brother!!

Slavac
10-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Beats the hell out of the 'hunk of soap' taste I got off of a Punch CC.

acarr
10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
I prefer mine to have the dog food taste myself.

Skywalker
10-07-2009, 09:53 AM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/11f/b/AAAAAgQUbe0AAAAAAR-8pQ.jpg:r
Never had it and hope I never do!!!

Doctorossi
10-07-2009, 10:25 AM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/11f/b/AAAAAgQUbe0AAAAAAR-8pQ.jpg

Dude! Nice cab of La Flor Purina! :dr

:r

T.G
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
So, last night, I was smoking an Illusione Holy Lance and I was about to hit that point (usually about 60% of the way in) where a lot of cigars start to pick up some creaminess in their flavor. When it hit, in this one, it was a very fatty taste of full, heavy cream as opposed to that I get with most sticks- a flavor I would describe more as "milk solids". This alone was a new experience, but here's where it gets crazy, and I swear this is the truth.

The last puff I took before the whole cream appeared: dry cat food. Yes, distinctly.

I had a good, long laugh about the cat food/whole cream one-two punch. I guess the Holy Lance is really a cigar for pussies.

Can anyone share a similar experience? Not cat food, necessarily, but the appearance of a flavor utterly out of left-field and not in any way vague? What startled you?

I'm slightly curious about how you know what dry cat food tastes like.

What's next? Tasting Dinki-Di in an Anejo?

Doctorossi
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm slightly curious about how you know what dry cat food tastes like.

Seventh reply... that's about what I'd expected. :ss

Jokermann
10-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Smoking a RSE JUN 01 RG Corona Extra over a year ago, I got a distinct mustard taste. Took me a min to put my finger on it while smoking, but sure enough, French's Yellow Mustard!

Scottw
10-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Meow!

smokin5
10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm waiting for the cigar that provides subtle nuances of
bacon cheeseburger.:ss

sikk50
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm waiting for the cigar that provides subtle nuances of
bacon cheeseburger.:ss

I've gotten bacon before but no cheeseburger ;s

RightAJ
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
I have definitely noticed a fish food smell on sticks, but not in the taste. Seems odd but I generally like smokes with this faint smell

aj

The Poet
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Cream and cat food? Doc, are you self-medicating again?

ade06
10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Do you use cat litter as you humi device instead of beads? If so, I think it's time for an upgrade :)

kaisersozei
10-07-2009, 03:51 PM
People joke about pencil lead, but I have gotten that before, on different sticks in fact. And a metallic sort of flavor that reminded me of the way burning magnesium smells, if that makes sense.

Mr. Ed
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
People joke about pencil lead, but I have gotten that before, on different sticks in fact. And a metallic sort of flavor that reminded me of the way burning magnesium smells, if that makes sense.

it does!:tu

Adriftpanda
10-07-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm smoking a Party Corona right now and I figured I would get some more info on this stick so I went onto a CC site and they had the flavor profile as "ANIMAL" WTF?

timo
10-07-2009, 07:43 PM
I had a cigar today it was the strangest thing. It tasted like a.......cigar. How freakin weird is that

CasaDooley
10-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I've tasted green olive, pine pitch, pencil lead/flint, mint, perfumed soap just to name a few. Some oddball flavors add to the whole experiance, others not so much.:ss

Fumes
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm smoking a Party Corona right now and I figured I would get some more info on this stick so I went onto a CC site and they had the flavor profile as "ANIMAL" WTF?

There's a Russian cigar mag called "Cigar Clan" that uses this descriptor quite often... I'm still not sure exactly which animal they're talking about. Civet cat?

T.G
10-07-2009, 09:15 PM

There's a Russian cigar mag called "Cigar Clan" that uses this descriptor quite often... I'm still not sure exactly which animal they're talking about. Civet cat?

Maybe it means fried in mustard w/ grilled onions, pickles and extra spread.

Doctorossi
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
There's a Russian cigar mag called "Cigar Clan" that uses this descriptor quite often... I'm still not sure exactly which animal they're talking about.

I'll venture a guess that they mean "musky".

dannyboy
10-08-2009, 12:27 PM
The first illiosione I smoked had a very distinct flavor of peperroni for the first quarter inch, not even subtle, it was like I was eating pepperoni, not smoking a cigar. I think thats the only time I have said WTF to a flavor in a cigar.