PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

Pages : [1] 2

PeteSB75
10-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Been watching this show. Very strange. Interesting, but definitely unusual. Certainly not a typical vampire show, but I expect no less from Alan Ball. Very interesting relationships between the characters. Got to wonder where they are going with Sookie's ability. I'm one episode back, so just saw Bill turned in flashback. Wonder how long or if we will see him turn Sookie.

TriStar
10-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I love this show. I make sure to free up my sunday night to catch it. Best part is Dexter is on right after this :D

Comicbookfreak
10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Great episonde last week. We learned more about Sookie and saw Sam running naked in a field(obviously after shapechanging). Tara's mom had her exorcism and Tara found out she had a demon also. Plus the new vamps in town are assumed to have burned up in the fire.

Love this show and can't wait til this week's episode.

icehog3
10-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Loving this show, I wasn't sure about it after the first few episodes, but I am definitely hooked now.

Lucky_Hippo
10-24-2008, 06:03 AM
I'm really digging this series. It's always interesting to see the different rules set up for vamps in each series. The true blood (beer) is a neat twist, as well as the non-threat for crosses, holy water, or garlic, however silver has a main role. The first time I think I ever saw silver having an affect on vampires was Blade.

Plus I dig Sookie's uniform.:ss

kayaker
10-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Haven't seen the show yet. Is this show based on a book? My wife may have picked it up.

We used to watch Blood Ties, and wifey is reading those books.

Right now we are watching the 2nd season of Supernatural.

skibumdc
10-24-2008, 06:34 AM
Haven't seen the show yet. Is this show based on a book? My wife may have picked it up.

We used to watch Blood Ties, and wifey is reading those books.

Right now we are watching the 2nd season of Supernatural.
Yes, it is based on a series of eight books written by New York Times bestselling author Charlaine Harris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlaine_Harris) that were first published in 2001 called
The Southern Vampire Mysteries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries).
In the Intro to the show at the very end it mentions it.

spectrrr
10-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I got these saved up on tivo, gotta get around to checking out the series soon....

Neuromancer
10-24-2008, 08:46 PM
It gets better every episode...:tu

Comicbookfreak
10-27-2008, 03:59 AM
Tought this weeks episode was pretty good. They should start to show more of Eric now in the show. Also curious to see what happens to Tara.

This show does seem to get better each week. Let's just hope that HBO doesn't cancel another good show as they has done in the past.

icehog3
10-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Tought this weeks episode was pretty good. They should start to show more of Eric now in the show. Also curious to see what happens to Tara.

This show does seem to get better each week. Let's just hope that HBO doesn't cancel another good show as they has done in the past.

That's my fear, Brent, that the season finale leaves us with a bunch of questions and cliffhangers that never get answered. See "Deadwood" amd "John From Cincinnati".

Pyrokin
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
I'm loving this too, I watch true blood and dexter every sunday and both of the latest episodes have been great. I can't wait to see if someone turns into a vampire hunter which seems to be really suggested in the first couple episodes. I missed the streaking though I think my tivo didn't record that part, maybe it was at the beginning =\

icehog3
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm loving this too, I watch true blood and dexter every sunday and both of the latest episodes have been great. I can't wait to see if someone turns into a vampire hunter which seems to be really suggested in the first couple episodes. I missed the streaking though I think my tivo didn't record that part, maybe it was at the beginning =\

You didn't miss much, 2 second glimpse of Sam from a distance. Funny how he denied it to the soldier, but admitted it to Andy.

JKim
10-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I got hooked on this show last week. Caught the first 7 episodes on On Demand. I'm a little thrown off though on how they make vampires.

Sooki is immune to becoming a Vampire after drinking Bill's Blood that healed her. People are getting high with superhuman senses after a few drops of V blood.

But then in the flashback, it shows Bill becoming a Vampire after drinking Vampire Blood. Do Vampires now decide if their blood makes another person a Vampire or not?

PeteSB75
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
From the teaser for next week, I think we get to find out for real. My suspicion is that Sookie didn't turn despite her blood loss initially, but was instead healed because her loss was not due to the vampire. Maybe the vamp has to actually feed on the human, before passing the blood back. It's also possible she was not yet close enough to death to actually change. The specifics of that seem to change with each vampire mythology.

As far as Sam running through the field naked, I really have to wonder what's going on there. Not sure if I buy him shapechanging. What, is he a werewolf? There were a few shots of the moon in the last couple of episodes, but there's been no mention of any parallel other species, other than the "Demon" from Tara's Mom and now, I guess, Tara. That would certainly account for his standoffish nature. That would also explain why Sookie can read him, but he's different from anyone else she knows, other than the vamps.

icehog3
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
If the series is following the book series, we will find out that Sam is in fact a shapechanger.

Comicbookfreak
10-27-2008, 11:06 PM
Shapechangers do not have to be Were-Creatures in this storyline. But there are were-tigers and such in this Universe. Sam can change into any animal he sees. Notice all the stuffed animals in the bar. His prefered form is that of a collie. And shapechangers in this Universe all are drawn to change when the moon is full. Sam is one of my favorite characters in this series I can't wait to see if the show him changing that could be an awesome shot. Would love to see him change into a gorilla or such and beat the shite out of a Vamp right in front of everyone.

There will be mentions of Faeries soon also and witches. I won't spoil anymore of it tho.

As for the Vampires sireing sp? other Vamps. I assume that it is like most Vamp stories and the person must be brought to the egde of death by the Vamp that bites them and then offered the blood of the sire. If they do not drink of the blood like Bill's sire told him they will die from blood loss. Just drinking the blood or taking V will not change the person into a Vamp.

I want to hear more on the back story of Eric also.

Pyrokin
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
I never really read into vampire mythology but I always thought vampires could always chose to change a person or just feed on them and didn't have to bring them to the brink of death.

Comicbookfreak
10-27-2008, 11:47 PM
I never really read into vampire mythology but I always thought vampires could always chose to change a person or just feed on them and didn't have to bring them to the brink of death.

Kinda all depends on the writer I guess. Different writers use different mythologies. In the old Dracula movies with Bela Lugosi he only had to bite the victims.

Comicbookfreak
11-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Another great episode last night. i won't discuss it yet for those of you that have it recorded to watch later.

I found this on You Tube, a bunch or in character news type interviews of the cast of True Blood thought you people might like to take a look. I enjoyed it alot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BloodCopyCom

icehog3
11-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Guess some questions about Sam are perfectly clear now. ;)

Sure hope HBO picks this up for another season.

Comicbookfreak
11-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Guess some questions about Sam are perfectly clear now. ;)

Sure hope HBO picks this up for another season.

Sam scared the crap outta Sookie didn't he. Can't wait to see if what happens to Jason in the books happens to him in the series. Let's just say that will be really cool. But don't think it will happen in seaon 1 anyway.

I hope HBO keeps it too. I did read FX picked up True Blood, but don't know when they will start showing it. Not sure if this if for good or just the syndication. Let's hope HBO keeps this going.

A little info, the show is differeing is some aspects from the books. For instance in the books Bill didn't stake Longshadow, Eric was the one who killed him and he didn't go on trial like Bill is going to do next week . Eric just paid Longshadow's sire a fine. Also in the books, Sam wasn't adopted like in the series. They also have introducesd a few character new to the story in the Series. As well as taken a couple out. In the books Sam wasn't Sookie's protector when Bill has to leave , it was a character named Bubba but we haven't seen Bubba yet in the series.

icehog3
11-04-2008, 07:49 AM
IF HBO doesn't pick this up for a second season, looks like I got a little reading to do. ;)

DavenportESQ
11-04-2008, 08:52 AM
May I call on you sookie?

cbsmokin
11-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I didn't know there were so many fans out there. I like it. I have to admit I almost stopped watching after the first few episodes because it was so slow, but now things are finally happening.

Dexter is still my favorite show though.

Neuromancer
11-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I can't see HBO cancelling this...I think it's been quite a hit from what I can gather...I know it's become one of my favorites...:tu

Gophernut
11-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I can't see HBO cancelling this...I think it's been quite a hit from what I can gather...I know it's become one of my favorites...:tu

:tpd: I definitely hope they don't cancel this. It has become more entertaining with every episode.
Stephen Root has certainly played a variety of characters over his career hasn't he? I think he's getting to Jason. Can't wait for Sunday.

icehog3
11-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Stephen Root has certainly played a variety of characters over his career hasn't he? I think he's getting to Jason. Can't wait for Sunday.

There is definitely more to Jason's girlfriend than meets the eye....looking forward to finding out what the real deal on her is. ;)

croatan
11-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Looking forward to Sunday night, here. Still a big fan of this show.

I, too, hope that there's enough of a following to keep the show on HBO. It wouldn't be the same on FX.

Pyrokin
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM
If they canceled it I would be angry, vampire movies always just make you want to watch vampire shows and there never around!

can't wait until tomarrow =)

Gophernut
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
There is definitely more to Jason's girlfriend than meets the eye....looking forward to finding out what the real deal on her is. ;)

Well I guess they answered that one didn't they. This is becoming more and more entertaining every week.

icehog3
11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Well I guess they answered that one didn't they. This is becoming more and more entertaining every week.

It was interesting how she represented every junkie, and their lies/rationalizations......i.e.. "Just one last time, to bring everything full circle...."

kugie
11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Have not seen this weeks episode yet so i won't read everything out there. The show started to drag i almost gave up on it. Glad I stuck it out. i love on Demand . It lets me watch the Unit and True Blood later in the Week.

Jdbwolverines
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Season finale this last weekend. I really enjoyed this season. It got picked up by HBO and the new season is suppose to start in early summer.

icehog3
11-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Hope they can make next season just as interesting....too bad HBO makes us wait so long between seasons though.

Pyrokin
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
It makes me wish I found out about this show a couple years from now so I could watch three seasons in 3 days on the internet=P

icehog3
11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
It makes me wish I found out about this show a couple years from now so I could watch three seasons in 3 days on the internet=P

Try and forget, and I will remind you in 2012.

MajorCaptSilly
11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
This show is a modern Dark Shadows! I love it.

MCS

StinkiMonki
11-25-2008, 04:06 PM
My wife and I are totally hooked on this show. Sex, violence, monsters. Perfect!

kugie
11-26-2008, 07:22 AM
Great Show Glad they are picking it back up.
I watch the final this morning nice shop by Sookie with the shovel.

BengalMan
11-28-2008, 10:40 AM
My wife and I are totally hooked on this show. Sex, violence, monsters. Perfect!

Same here Geoff, we get in front of the TV every Sunday for this, then Entourage. It's a shame they're both over now.

doctorcue
12-01-2008, 04:19 PM
The wife started watching this and I found myself sitting with her. I like the take on how they are known and among the general population. A lot of story lines going on. I need to catch up.

Oh yeah, also:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/doctorcue/woohoo.gif

MadAl
12-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Took me a few episodes to get used to it but it grew on me or the writers figured the characters out. Great show! Hope HBO has some more tricks up their sleeve.

icehog3
12-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, also:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/doctorcue/woohoo.gif

You're making me dizzy....are you trying to "glamour" me? ;)

spectrrr
12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
weee... just finished watching the tivo'ed eps and getting caught up on the season.

interesting show..... its like sex and the city meets murder she wrote meets vampires.... normally I dont go for the sex and the city type shows, but I have to say I am HOOKED on this show. its like freakin crack. ESPECIALLY when the next ep is tivo'ed and all you have to do is hit the next button..... I think I watched 5 eps in one night cause I kept hitting next (yeah, I was regretting it the next day :bn)

I'm glad HBO picked it up for another run... though SUMMER 09? grr, I dont wanna wait! There's a lot of plot lines going on there... it will be interesting to see how things develop.

Jdbwolverines
12-05-2008, 12:31 AM
its like sex and the city meets murder she wrote

:hn

MadAl
12-05-2008, 06:11 AM
ESPECIALLY when the next ep is tivo'ed and all you have to do is hit the next button..... I think I watched 5 eps in one night cause I kept hitting next (yeah, I was regretting it the next day :bn)

It's also on OnDemand, usually the next day.

icehog3
06-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Anyovody watching Season 2? It really started heating up in episode #2. ;)

kayaker
06-23-2009, 09:40 AM
My wife loves the books and we just recently bought and watched season 1. I liked it. I have downloaded the first episode and am currently looking for the second one. We'll buy that one when it comes out too.

I still haven't decided if I'll read the books. I probably will later in the summer.

blooz4u
06-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Yup...it's a Sunday night staple in our household. The wife and I have read the first two books. It's a good watch, sometimes cheesy, but still a good watch!

PeteSB75
06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm waiting for my season 1 DVD set to come in, so my girlfriend can catch up and we can watch S2 together. In the meanwhile, they are sitting on my DVR in HD, waiting for me to watch... Hope I don't fill it up :confused:

kayaker
06-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Just watched episode 2 this morning. It's getting pretty interesting.

icehog3
06-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Just watched episode 2 this morning. It's getting pretty interesting.

I must agree. :)

kzm007
06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
I catch them online through certain sources, since I don't get HBO lol but I do love the series, and I will buy the season sets when I get the money.

Couldn't really get into the books, but the end of 2x2 really left me hooked, as always.

Azpostal
06-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Yes, I really enjoy this show. It seems the 1rst episode of both seasons started off slow. Now it's getting that twist just like season 1.

Jdbwolverines
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
finally got to watch both of the new episodes for season 2 last night. Definitely hooked right back in. It seems this season is off to a faster start than last years even.

kzm007
06-29-2009, 07:19 AM
I agree; I just downloaded the third episode, and am going to watch it in a few. I think once the cast and directors knew their places in the show, they became better able at carrying the story forward in an engaging way.

I'm just glad they kept the show opening credits the same.

trader1974
06-29-2009, 09:00 AM
My wife and I are sunday night regulars as well. This season is starting to get good!

kzm007
06-29-2009, 12:42 PM
This might seem like an odd request, but in the third episode, could somebody tell me what that bump is on Jessica's upper lip, when she's in Merlotte's with Hoyt near the end? I didn't notice it in the earlier scenes in Sookie's car, which is the only reason I'm asking - it's probably a pimple hidden by make-up, but this HD business brings out details I'd never bother noticing, and I'm bored enough to ask.

Couldn't believe the way this episode started :) man!

icehog3
06-29-2009, 09:07 PM
This might seem like an odd request, but in the third episode, could somebody tell me what that bump is on Jessica's upper lip, when she's in Merlotte's with Hoyt near the end? I didn't notice it in the earlier scenes in Sookie's car, which is the only reason I'm asking - it's probably a pimple hidden by make-up, but this HD business brings out details I'd never bother noticing, and I'm bored enough to ask.

Couldn't believe the way this episode started :) man!

It is funny you mention that because last night I was noticing all kinds of detail that I hadn't before, like how bad skin MaryAnn's skin is (her makeup looked caked on), and Jason's pores looked huge...maybe they are shooting with cameras that have better quality the last couple shows?

rennD
06-29-2009, 09:11 PM
vampires ... shape shifters ... minotaurs .... oh my :r

Just with that statement you'd think that the show had gone the way of the loony. But if you watch the shows this season everything makes sense. hhhmmmm

PeteSB75
07-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Finally caught up with this season so far. Looks like Mary-Anne is shaping into a very interesting character. So, as I understand, she's using the sexual energy discharged from the dancing to change into that minotaur-thingy? WTF? And Jessica is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. Making the limo driver shout that in the hotel lobby was hilarious.

icehog3
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Been a good season so far, and less of the irritating "should I/shouldn't I" romance than last year too.

kzm007
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
In response to your earlier reply, icehog3, better quality cameras seem plausible; I think I was just noticing her smile lines for once. Drove me nuts, they looked like fangs hidden...may have been for all I know, but who knows for sure?

And Pete :tu I'm with you. I actually like Jessica and Hoyt more than Bill and Sookie.

PeteSB75
07-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Bit of a filler episode last night. Not much happening, just confirmations of suspicions from last week. Daphne is a shifter. The Dallas Sheriff was Eric's maker. MaryAnne has some weird powers (werewolf?). Jessica is a teenage girl. All stuff I had already figured out, just got confirmations on it.

icehog3
07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
Definitely a filler, Pete.....too much Vampmance, not enough killin'. :r

Wolfgang
07-20-2009, 08:35 AM
My GF and I are hooked on this show, and since neither of us have HBO we watch online at some live stream sites. Pretty cool actually.

Fang :banger

bookman
07-20-2009, 08:42 AM
I've seen the first 4 eps. Pretty good. I loves me some Anna Paquin!

rennD
07-20-2009, 08:53 AM
.....too much Vampmance, not enough killin'. :r

Totally agree with that. Even on the Entertainment Magazine Article, they are humping each other in the picture. Goodness.

grawk
07-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Apparently the books are worse about it than the show is. Vampire teen smut novels

PeteSB75
07-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Vampires = Sex. Not new. Always been that way. One of the reasons why I like vamp stories/movies/shows:ss

Also one of the main reasons, hack writing aside, why the twilight drek never worked for me. Sorry, but abstinent vampires are boring as hell. Add in an obsessive teenaged girl and I want to start staking people immediately.

Wolfgang
07-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Twilight's basic plot was stolen from this series. Trueblood the show and "The Sookie Stackhouse" series in books.

PeteSB75
07-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Twilight's basic plot was stolen from this series. Trueblood the show and "The Sookie Stackhouse" series in books.

TBH, the basic premise behind this series as well as twilight, and countless other vampire stores is very, very old. Bram Stoker is probably the best known, with the male vampire/female human story.

More recently, the vampire likes to hold off on actually killing the human, makes for a longer possible story with more dramatic tension. Joss Whedon did it well with Buffy/Angel(97-00), as did Tanya Huff with the Blood Books(first one in 91). The Southern Vampire books were published starting in 2001, so both of these, as well as countless others, I am sure, were already out. Twilight - the first book - was published in 2006.

Basically, what I am getting at is that the story is not a new one. Some people are just much better at telling it than others. Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack.

Wolfgang
07-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Stephanie Meyer is a complete hack.

That was my point :D

PeteSB75
07-20-2009, 11:02 AM
That was my point :D

:tu:tu:tu

icehog3
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Tonight's episode was probably the best yet, and next week's looks even better...I am totally hooked on this show, so I am sure HBO will cancel it at the end of this season. :r

PeteSB75
08-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Tonight's episode was probably the best yet, and next week's looks even better...I am totally hooked on this show, so I am sure HBO will cancel it at the end of this season. :r

Nah, Alan Ball has a good track record with them. Six Feet Under ran for 5 seasons. There are quite a few people here at work watching it, so there is definitely buzz. And the Neilsen numbers are not nearly as important as with network TV.

But yeah, last night's show was awesome. Sarah and I had just been discussing in the beginning of the ep about what MaryAnne was.

I suggested she was part of the origin myth of Dionysus, when what do you know, later in the ep, it comes out that she was one of the handmaidens.

pnoon
08-09-2009, 10:27 PM

I'm hooked. I've watched the first 5 episodes from season 1. At times, the writing gets a bit hokey but other than that I like it. The theme and opening credits are very hypnotic. :tu

icehog3
08-09-2009, 10:58 PM
I'm hooked. I've watched the first 5 episodes from season 1. At times, the writing gets a bit hokey but other than that I like it. The theme and opening credits are very hypnotic. :tu

You will probably like Season 2 even better, Peter, as some of the "should I or shouldn't I date a vampire" hokiness is done. :)

PeteSB75
08-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Last night's episode was AWESOME! I really feel like the whole Tara and Eggs thing is just killing time. Sam is, again, an idiot.

Some really great lines. Loved the delivery from Jason. I've been to heaven...

Eric keeps becoming a more likable character. Far more so than Bill, IMO.

And I was really upset for poor Jessica. Wonder how Hoyt is going to handle that.

icehog3
08-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Virgin for "life". :r

PeteSB75
08-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Moving into the end game on this season. Wonder what the queen will say about MaryAnne...

kydsid
08-24-2009, 11:44 AM
I wonder IF the Queen will be able to say anything at all?

:eevis
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
Just started reading the books that this series is based on. On the third now. Waiting for season 1 to start replaying on HBO on demand. Hear that it follows the book pretty well. Cant wait!

Dux
08-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Moving into the end game on this season. Wonder what the queen will say about MaryAnne...

Should be interesting.. Love this season so far :tu

I want to pick up the books and see how much they differ from the show..

icehog3
08-25-2009, 01:06 AM
This week's episode actually had me on the edge of my seat. Scary stuff.

Bigwaved
08-25-2009, 06:46 AM
This week's episode actually had me on the edge of my seat. Scary stuff.the possessed woman thing? Me too. My first marriage all over again. :rolleyes:

PeteSB75
08-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Wonder what the heck that thing Sookie did to MaryAnne was. Like a light shining out of her hand that pushed her back?

Dux
08-25-2009, 07:09 AM
Wonder what the heck that thing Sookie did to MaryAnne was. Like a light shining out of her hand that pushed her back?

From what a friend was telling me Sookie does not do anything like that in the books. Only the producers know how far Sookies powers will take her :D

But something tells me Sookie is going to open a can of Whoop A$$ on MaryAnn

kydsid
08-25-2009, 07:53 AM
But something tells me Sookie is going to open a can of Whoop A$$ on MaryAnn

If it is anything like the bra flinging catfight I saw in High School it will be the highest rated show evah! Man I'd love to see me some nekid Vash. :D

pgagnon
08-25-2009, 10:21 PM
wow alot of peeps watching that show.

good thing we just got HBO in quebec....

wonder what will happen /w the Queen...

cbsmokin
08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Definitely was the most action packed episode of the whole series this week. Looking forward to the next one.

:eevis
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Should be interesting.. Love this season so far :tu

I want to pick up the books and see how much they differ from the show..

From what I have seen, only half way through season one, it follows the books pretty well (reading #4 now) with some different story arcs. Looking forward to finishing season one and catching season 2

PeteSB75
09-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Sunday's ep was a bit disappointing. The queen is obviously outrageously bored. Forcing Bill to hang out and play yahtzee? WTF was that? And what was the whole deal with Sookie's cousin? Maybe seeds for next season?

And dear gods, Bill is like a foot shorter than Eric!

Not nearly so much entertainment from Jason/Andy. Though Jason's rundown of his training routine was amusing, lifting weights and watching ****... Last episode of the season next weekend, they are off on labor day weekend.

pnoon
09-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Sunday's ep was a bit disappointing. The queen is obviously outrageously bored. Forcing Bill to hang out and play yahtzee? WTF was that? And what was the whole deal with Sookie's cousin? Maybe seeds for next season?

Not nearly so much entertainment from Jason/Andy. Though Jason's rundown of his training routine was amusing, lifting weights and watching ****... Last episode of the season next weekend, they are off on labor day weekend.

I'm almost thru season 1. One down and one to go.
Good stuff.

Dux
09-03-2009, 08:02 AM

I agree it felt a bit dull, seemed more like a set up for the last Ep

PeteSB75
09-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Hope I'm not disappointed. I want to see Sookie kill someone else with a shovel :ss

Mugen910
09-03-2009, 08:31 AM
all caught up...:wo....Now I wonder who the King is...

FYI..I have a crush on MaryAnn & The Queen's character and I don't mean Queen as in Lafayette. :D

PeteSB75
09-03-2009, 08:44 AM
all caught up...:wo....Now I wonder who the King is...

FYI..I have a crush on MaryAnn & The Queen's character and I don't mean Queen as in Lafayette. :D

Hmm, I think either one of those takes cougar to a whole new level :r:r

You'd probably make a tasty snack :dr

Mugen910
09-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Hmm, I think either one of those takes cougar to a whole new level :r:r

You'd probably make a tasty snack :dr

:D

brandonfd3s
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
The girl and me just started watching this.. now all caught up. Got to say interesting. But what will happen with Mary-Anne?

icehog3
09-08-2009, 11:44 PM
The girl and me just started watching this.. now all caught up. Got to say interesting. But what will happen with Mary-Anne?

She and Ginger will hook up with the Professor :)

brandonfd3s
09-10-2009, 11:25 PM
She and Ginger will hook up with the Professor :)

Haha or the Queen. Also anyone catch Vampire Diaries? I know its kinda kiddy like Highschool. But seems my girl is going to make me watch it too.. suppose maybe I can talk with people on her about it.

icehog3
09-14-2009, 02:32 AM
Jason rocks:

"Say hello to my little friend!"
"Hasta la vista, Baby!"
"I love the smell of nail polish in the morning".

:r :r

Somewhat disappointing finale....I liked the solution to the Marianne problem, but not much after that.

Curious to see Sam's birth parents next season though.

PeteSB75
09-14-2009, 06:32 AM
Yeah, seemed like about half of a show, then the rest wrapping up a few loose ends and setting up next season. I guess I'd rather just have a big, explosive season finale and start new thread next season.

Dux
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Over all it was a good ending and they leave you on 2 cliff hangers.. The battle with Marianne could have been longer but I did enjoy the fact that sam had the killing blow :)

MajorCaptSilly
09-15-2009, 04:34 PM
It was good to hear Dave Alvin in the bar scene.

MCS

bookman
10-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Gazzam!! I'm on ep. 8. That Cloverfield chick has some mighty rackage!!!!

aich75013
10-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Gazzam!! I'm on ep. 8. That Cloverfield chick has some mighty rackage!!!!

I just spent the last month watching both seasons.

yourchoice
04-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Thought I posted this last night....

HBO OnDemand has season 1 on now through sometime in June. Anyone (like me) that wishes they watched the show can get caught up. I am sure season 2 will be on immediately after.

:tu

Ferrari5180
04-02-2010, 08:21 AM
I cannot wait for season 3 to be aired. I read that it would start sometime around June. It is going to be another great season. I just hope they just stick to their originality that makes them stand out from other shows, such as vampire one's in particular.

icehog3
05-16-2010, 12:52 AM
June 13th, 2010. http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dracincoffin-1.gif

catfish2
05-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Season 2 came out today. I picked up my copy. I guess that I'll be catching up over the next few days.

Mugen910
05-25-2010, 08:27 PM
June 13th, 2010. http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dracincoffin-1.gif

:wo

catfish2
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
There's something about Tara's voice. It really get me down deep.

icehog3
06-11-2010, 04:31 PM
New season premieres Sunday.http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dracincoffin-1.gif

Mugen910
06-11-2010, 07:06 PM
thx for the reminder!!

kugie
06-11-2010, 08:41 PM
This season looks good.
I hope they bring some werewolves into it.

Knip23
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
The new season is full of so many Supperises its gana be great.

yourchoice
06-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Anyone (like me) that wishes they watched the show can get caught up.

:wo I am caught up just in time! What an enjoyable show. :tu I'm stoked for Sunday!

icehog3
06-11-2010, 10:53 PM
This season looks good.
I hope they bring some werewolves into it.

;)

spectrrr
06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
mmmmmhmmmmm :xxx

icehog3
06-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Episode #1 seemed to be laying out the plot lines for the season...hoping it picks up steam quickly.

yourchoice
06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Episode #1 seemed to be laying out the plot lines for the season...hoping it picks up steam quickly.

Seems like each season starts out a bit slow...then quickly builds up to a bang! :xxx:xxx

;s :D

icehog3
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Seems like each season starts out a bit slow...then quickly builds up to a bang! :xxx:xxx

;s :D

Oh, I think Eric started with a "bang". ;)

yourchoice
06-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Oh, I think Eric started with a "bang". ;)

Very true...very true... :r She was from a Baldic state, right? ;)

icehog3
06-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Very true...very true... :r She was from a Baldic state, right? ;)

One can only hope....

spectrrr
06-16-2010, 12:44 AM
true blood.... more like true crack.

:tt

Brutus2600
06-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Love this show...it's been such an epic vampire series so far. Also, with them being on HBO and able to say what they want and show what they want is nice too.

My only concern is that there is a smaaaall possibility that they turn this series into a vampire soap opera. So far they've managed to avoid that and I'm hoping they can in the future.

But yeah, really enjoyed the first episode this season. They're laying out some really interesting story lines to follow through with and I think that this season will pan out nicely :tu

icehog3
06-16-2010, 08:16 AM
I am hoping the soap opera-esque possibilities ended in season 1...some of the "should I or shouldn't I date/love/bang a vampire" lines were getting old, but I didn't see near as much of that in season 2.

Brutus2600
06-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I am hoping the soap opera-esque possibilities ended in season 1...some of the "should I or shouldn't I date/love/bang a vampire" lines were getting old, but I didn't see near as much of that in season 2.

Agreed, that's why I said small possibility :) I think they realized they were going to lose their audience quickly if this turned into a Twilight-esque storyline and definitely moved away from that.

Lucky_Hippo
06-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Caught the behind the scenes footage on working with real wolves instead of going CGI. Pretty darn cool.

ade06
06-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Caught the behind the scenes footage on working with real wolves instead of going CGI. Pretty darn cool.

Yeah, I liked how they get the wolves to grawl (by taking their food from them and taunting them). lol

Gophernut
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I liked how they get the wolves to grawl (by taking their food from them and taunting them). lol

Sounds like a fun gig! Very interesting none the less. Still want to read the books the series is based on.

icehog3
06-16-2010, 02:39 PM

I thought that was awesome as well.

Beagleone
06-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Well that was quite entertaining. I always knew the series was loosely follow the books, but tonight confirmed that the producers were going to mix several of the books in to this one season.

Loved the postmortem video!

Wolfgang
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
anyone catch the snoop dogg video after the show? "Oh Sookie"

Brutus2600
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Rofl...yeah, I laughed. That guy is pretty funny

replicant_argent
06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
some Natasha chick from that show is in this months Playboy. I saw that while glancing through for articles to read.

spectrrr
07-14-2010, 11:30 PM
this show has numerous similarities to crack cocaine :tg

baldanders
07-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I like the show a lot but wish they would keep it closer to the books

PeteSB75
07-15-2010, 06:53 AM
I like the show a lot but wish they would keep it closer to the books

Not really possible. 60% of the books is Sookie's thought processes. Shows with heavy voiceover narrative tend to be pretty boring. Also, since they are doing the show from multiple perspectives, they need to fill in all those blanks about how the other characters get where they wind up later in the story.

Laughed when the king busted out his cigars and quoted Kipling about women and cigars.

Lucky_Hippo
07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Loved the cigar smoking scene the week before last.

Wanger
07-19-2010, 11:05 AM
You could tell that the king was an actual cigar smoker, while Bill was not. Just look at how each of them was holding the cigar. You could see how uncomfortable Bill was. And the king actually knew how to light it. LOL

The wife and I love this show. :) We're catching up with the previous seasons, too. We're halfway through season 2 now.

ade06
07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
You could tell that the king was an actual cigar smoker, while Bill was not. Just look at how each of them was holding the cigar. You could see how uncomfortable Bill was. And the king actually knew how to light it. LOL

Or just good acting (e.g., Bill was acting as if he wasn't really a cigar smoker).

I've never read the books, so the twists and turns of HBO's True Blood, keep me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see if/when/how Eric gets his Vikings revenge! Also, what's with Sokkie's new power? Is that in the books?

Wolfgang
07-19-2010, 05:49 PM
She is a Fairy.

PeteSB75
07-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Should probably give spoiler warnings before posting things like that. They've changed a number of things from the books, but still.

Wolfgang
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
the same POWER happened in season two.

icehog3
07-19-2010, 10:36 PM
the same POWER happened in season two.

Yup, she used it on Marianne.

Rock Star
07-20-2010, 12:52 AM
I love this show..saw every episode and cant wait til the next..i think eric and bill are gonna end up taking over somehow

cbsmokin
07-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Love this show...it's been such an epic vampire series so far. Also, with them being on HBO and able to say what they want and show what they want is nice too.

My only concern is that there is a smaaaall possibility that they turn this series into a vampire soap opera. So far they've managed to avoid that and I'm hoping they can in the future.

But yeah, really enjoyed the first episode this season. They're laying out some really interesting story lines to follow through with and I think that this season will pan out nicely :tu

HBO is really good about ending a show when it is done. Think Six Feet Under for example. They could have easily scripted a few more seasons out of it. I really wish I could have seen the end of Deadwood and Carnival though. Apparently both were just far too expensive to produce. Oh well.

icehog3
07-20-2010, 10:30 AM
HBO is really good about ending a show when it is done. Think Six Feet Under for example. They could have easily scripted a few more seasons out of it. I really wish I could have seen the end of Deadwood and Carnival though. Apparently both were just far too expensive to produce. Oh well.

Yup, I am still miffed with the way Deadwood left us hanging. :td

Lucky_Hippo
07-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Me too, but it could have been worse. The way they decided to end Rome was to shove 3 seasons worth of story line into two episodes. Horrible.

ade06
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I thought that HBO did a great job of ending The Wire. I hope True Blood goes for at least 5 seasons as well.

cbsmokin
07-20-2010, 01:12 PM

I'm with you. I thought I heard that the final episodes were to appear on-line, but I never saw anything.

icehog3
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm with you. I thought I heard that the final episodes were to appear on-line, but I never saw anything.

Originally Milch said there would be two 3 hour movies, made for HBO, that would wrap up the series. Then he got more interested in "John From Cincinnati".

kugie
08-20-2010, 11:13 PM
One of the greatest lines

"Say Hello to the true DEATH"

Brutus2600
08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Just caught up and watched the last three episodes.

Great storyline...really enjoying it. The fight between Sookie and the werewolf chick was utterly idiotic though. I literally was laughing out loud at how ridiculous it looked.

QUAZY50
08-25-2010, 02:37 PM
I love this show.. but I really think Anna Paquin is a terrible actress. Favorite characters are Eric, Russell, and the red headed vampire, I forgot her name.

kugie
08-26-2010, 02:58 AM
I love this show.. but I really think Anna Paquin is a terrible actress. Favorite characters are Eric, Russell, and the red headed vampire, I forgot her name.

Jessica

And she's "hawt"

QUAZY50
08-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Jessica

And she's "hawt"

Yes!

This weeks show was good.... Eric can't die!

mosesbotbol
08-31-2010, 10:03 AM
I like True Blood better than Sopranos.

Wolfgang
08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
It is impossible for the plot (of the books) to continue without Eric.

Im just pissed I have to wait two weeks for the finale.

icehog3
08-31-2010, 10:35 AM

No sh*t, all the HBO shows do this....I don't think there is enough hype to warrant the extra week off for any show, it ain't the friggin' Super Bowl. :2

Brutus2600
08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
We're already getting the finale? I just looked it up and I guess each season has only been 12 episodes...but this season has definitely felt shorter...(that's what she said?)

QUAZY50
08-31-2010, 11:34 AM
It is impossible for the plot (of the books) to continue without Eric.

I havnt read the books. I bet Bill feeds Sooki, then she runs out with a silver chain or something to tie up Russell and Eric is saved...

PeteSB75
08-31-2010, 12:11 PM
I havnt read the books. I bet Bill feeds Sooki, then she runs out with a silver chain or something to tie up Russell and Eric is saved...

Hell, she could just stake him and pull Eric back inside.

HBO usually breaks for holiday weekends.

Gophernut
08-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Hell, she could just stake him and pull Eric back inside.

HBO usually breaks for holiday weekends.

That would be fine with me, as much as I have enjoyed Russell, Eric is the better of the two in my book@:2

mosesbotbol
08-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Eric and Russell are both great. My girlfriend adores Eric.

icehog3
08-31-2010, 01:31 PM
No spoilers from those who have read the books, please. ;)

darkleeroy
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
No spoilers from those who have read the books, please. ;)

DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!!!!

I think Eric dies, at least that's what the previews imply.

SterlingCigarMan
08-31-2010, 08:40 PM
And I thought I was the only guy on the forum the watches that show. My wife got me hooked... LOL

Now she wants me to buy all the seasons on DVD...

Oh yeah, screw Russell and bring back Godric...:banger

rennD
08-31-2010, 08:46 PM
And I thought I was the only guy on the forum the watches that show. My wife got me hooked... LOL

Now she wants me to buy all the seasons on DVD...

Oh yeah, screw Russell and bring back Godric...:banger

I wonder if Godric could whip Russell :confused:

Beagleone
08-31-2010, 09:13 PM
Godric was younger than Russel. According to the lore from the books and show, the older the vampire, the stronger they are.

The books and series have diverted so much, I am not sure how things will end.

Wolfgang
08-31-2010, 09:14 PM
They are about the same age, Gadric gave in to his humanity while Russel was as ruthless as ever. Id say Russel would win that battle but then Eric would in the heat of the moment stake Russel while he was reveling in his glory.

Wolfgang
08-31-2010, 09:15 PM
Godric was younger than Russel. According to the lore from the books and show, the older the vampire, the stronger they are.

The books and series have diverted so much, I am not sure how things will end.

Godric was 2000 years old and it stated that Russel was twice as old as Eric. Eric is 1000 years old.

(sounds like a math equation)

Beagleone
08-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Hmmm... I thought Russell said he was 3000 years old? Damn, now I have to go search through the episodes on my DVR.

Brutus2600
08-31-2010, 10:53 PM
Godric was 2000 years old and it stated that Russel was twice as old as Eric. Eric is 1000 years old.

(sounds like a math equation)

If the vampire Eric is 1000 years old, and his maker Godric is twice his age, but Russell Edgington is one and a half times older than Godric, how fast is Train A going and where will they meet? Wait...

mosesbotbol
09-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Hmmm... I thought Russell said he was 3000 years old? Damn, now I have to go search through the episodes on my DVR.

Russell said he was 3000 years old. I think he may be generalizing at that point. What's a few hundred years at that point?

mosesbotbol
09-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Everybody is so good looking on True Blood

mike
09-01-2010, 05:36 AM
ummmm Sookie...........

kugie
09-01-2010, 05:43 AM
DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER!!!!

I think Eric dies, at least that's what the previews imply.

:O :O Darth is Luke's Father????!!!!, Oh Crap, You just ruined it for me:D

PeteSB75
09-01-2010, 09:44 AM
:O :O Darth is Luke's Father????!!!!, Oh Crap, You just ruined it for me:D

Snape kills Dumbledore...

kugie
09-01-2010, 03:09 PM
snape kills dumbledore...

:O what!!!!!!??????

PeteSB75
09-02-2010, 06:55 AM
:O what!!!!!!??????

Here, I'll make it easy for you :tf

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_X2hiWMw9kTU/TAfVe0hOKDI/AAAAAAAAByA/DmQLkHm2faQ/movie-spoiler_thumb%5B1%5D.gif?imgmax=800

:r:r

icehog3
09-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Soylent Green is made out of PEOPLE!!!

SterlingCigarMan
09-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Hmmmm, Sookie is a fairy.... I thought Lafayette was a fairy... LOL and Talbot was a flake.:=:

QUAZY50
09-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Hmmmm, Sookie is a fairy.... I thought Lafayette was a fairy... LOL and Talbot was a flake.:=:

BAZZING! Lafayette is my favorite character.

Ferrari5180
09-04-2010, 07:16 PM
My favorite character was Godric. What a shame they had to let him die. Apart from him, I like Lafayette and Eric. I hate Sookie. She is just annoying!

QUAZY50
09-07-2010, 10:29 AM
My favorite character was Godric. What a shame they had to let him die. Apart from him, I like Lafayette and Eric. I hate Sookie. She is just annoying!

I agree with all of the above!

QUAZY50
09-13-2010, 07:40 AM
Kind of dissapointed in the ending on this one. Not that great of a cliff hanger but meh... can't wait for next season! :banger

kugie
09-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Kind of dissapointed in the ending on this one. Not that great of a cliff hanger but meh... can't wait for next season! :banger

i agree not that good of a season ending. But next year should be really good:D

mosesbotbol
09-13-2010, 07:49 AM

I thought it was pretty good. A few unexpected things. I hope Russell escapes somehow.

QUAZY50
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I thought it was pretty good. A few unexpected things. I hope Russell escapes somehow.

I'm with you on that one. I hope Tommy survives as well.

Beagleone
09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
This just went into a very strange ending. It has totally gone away from the books, but I still like the series. I pretty sure Tara is gone, she was getting annoying to me. Sookie just let her vindictive side show when she dumped the remains in the garbage disposal and was laughing, but I thought it was amusing that the waitress was cleaning out the crystal container afterward! Sookie's going to LaLa land was interesting. There are just too many new directions and possibilities now in play for season four.

PeteSB75
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
They are starting to bring the wicca thing in. That's pretty clear from both the waitress and the stuff with Lafayette and Jesus. I think it's safe to assume that season four will consist, at least partly, of the storyline from the fourth book.

mosesbotbol
09-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Sookie just let her vindictive side show when she dumped the remains in the garbage disposal and was laughing

For second, I thought that was a dream scene in her mind. Does the vampire league really know that Russell is not "truly dead"? Bill Compton should be in politics.

ade06
09-14-2010, 10:52 AM
What's up with Godric showing up all angel like? He's been killing people for thousands of years and then commits sucide and then now he returns talking about forgiveness. I'm with Eric, forget that! That f'er is going to suffer! Season 4 should be very interesting with all of the players still in the game.

QUAZY50
09-14-2010, 11:12 AM
What's up with Godric showing up all angel like? He's been killing people for thousands of years and then commits sucide and then now he returns talking about forgiveness. I'm with Eric, forget that! That f'er is going to suffer! Season 4 should be very interesting with all of the players still in the game.

I thought that was weird also, but I guess it shows how one can change? idk. I cant wait for the next season.

kickerb
06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Who is stoked about the new season?!?!?! I know I am! http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/Amorous_Dreamer/Emoticons/vampire-smiley-19.gif

Brutus2600
06-02-2011, 09:38 AM
<------This Guy

kickerb
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
<------This Guyyea, im gonna start re-watching the last season so I can get re-acquainted. :tu

Wanger
06-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Who is stoked about the new season?!?!?! I know I am! http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/Amorous_Dreamer/Emoticons/vampire-smiley-19.gif

Erin and I are looking forward to it. :D ...and that vampire smiley is cool! :)

kickerb
06-02-2011, 09:45 AM
haha, yeah I saw that and had to post :D

Gophernut
06-02-2011, 09:48 AM

I am! When does it start up again? I'll have to subscribe to HBO again then.

kickerb
06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Sunday, June 26 at 9/8c

mosesbotbol
06-02-2011, 09:59 AM
I'll have to subscribe to HBO again then.

I cancelled HBO shortly after True Blood finished. Will call Comcast back soon. I don't want to miss a thing!

kickerb
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM
HBO has a season preview video up on their site! Check it out!

icehog3
06-21-2011, 08:03 AM
Sunday, June 26 at 9/8c

5 Days! http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dracincoffin-2.gif

kickerb
06-21-2011, 08:05 AM
i know! im stoked!!

mosesbotbol
06-21-2011, 05:59 PM
5 Days! http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa73/icehog3/dracincoffin-2.gif

You know 'dat! I can't wait. I hope there's not much new characters.

icehog3
06-22-2011, 12:01 AM
You know 'dat! I can't wait. I hope there's not much new characters.

Unless they're sexy female vampires or witches. :r

mosesbotbol
06-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Unless they're sexy female vampires or witches. :r
No duhh! They have to be hot if they are going to be on that show. :noon

kickerb
06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
YES SIR, the wait is finally over folks!!!

DMK
06-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Well that was interesting...

mosesbotbol
06-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Loving it!

MikeyC
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
Very interesting start to the season! I'm tempted to log on to HBO Go and view the second episode but then I'd probably have to wait two weeks to see a new one.

icehog3
06-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I thought it was semi-slow, but they need to set up the story lines for the new season in the first couple episodes. I do like the direction Tara and Jessica's stories are going. :xxx

mfarre03
06-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm going to have to download it today, love that show...I mean the wife loves it..lol

kickerb
06-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm excited about the new characters. I cannot wait to see how it all develops!

Wanger
06-27-2011, 08:34 AM
I thought it was semi-slow, but they need to set up the story lines for the new season in the first couple episodes. I do like the direction Tara and Jessica's stories are going. :xxx

I was waiting for Tara to pop her top last night. LOL

That episode nearly jumped the shark, to me. :p Fairyland...meh. The witches...:sh They had it lined up for the ramp, and aborted just before they hit it.

Since not everyone has seen the episode, I'll try not to give anything away. I was surprised to see where Bill is, and wonder when we'll see Russell again. Tara's storyline will definitely be interesting to follow, assuming they keep a focus on it at all. Lafayette and the witches...hmmmm...that one has potential. Sherriff Andy...LMAO!!! Over time, I've grown to like Eric, so I hope they keep him as a major player. Sam's little get-together was quite interesting, and what the hell is going on with his little brother (and mom)? Arlene's baby...:confused:, but it seems like they're trying to set something up there.

I think that about sums up last night's episode, doesn't it? LOL

Now that it's started, at least it's something to watch while I wait for Game of Thrones to come back. :p

hscmit
06-27-2011, 08:41 AM
we watched last night, agree it was a little slow, so think we will wait a couple weeks and get 3/4 of them to watch in a row, get a little more story out of it

interested to see what happens with jason

Sawyer
06-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Episode 2 is on Comcast On Demand already.

PeteSB75
06-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Way too many storylines. And they keep bringing major stories with characters we just don't care about. Tara, Sam, Lafayette, Jessica/Hoyt, even Jason are all fine when they are involved in Sookie, Bill and Eric's story, otherwise I just don't care. To be honest, that's one of the things I did like about the books. Since they were written solely from Sookie's perspective, it kept them from getting too distracted with all this extra baggage. As it is, it's turning into Entourage for vampires. I'll still keep watching, but with no expectations of a story or actual dramatic tension.

Kneo
06-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I was disappointed in the premiere. The fairy thing was to much in my opinion.

kickerb
07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
Well...thoughts about episode 2?

Is the lack of posts in this thread an indication that folks are not impressed with the direction of this season?

Brutus2600
07-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I actually liked it a lot. I was worried about the fairy crap, but that actually ended up being pretty cool. I think Bill is a badass King, and Eric is always being Eric. Interesting direction they're taking Jason's character, I dunno how I feel about that, but I guess everybody else in the show has something weird/supernatural about them, so why not. Jessica's character is my gf's favorite, and I think she's a cool character too, so the storyline they're taking is interesting. All in all I'm enjoying it just as much (if not more) than the previous seasons.

Cornrow_Wallis
07-06-2011, 08:44 AM
The panther thing confused me. I guess I don't remember from the last season, but I thought Jason's girlfriend and the other guy were werewolves. So now there are werewolves, were-panthers, and shape shifters?

Wanger
07-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Well...thoughts about episode 2?

Is the lack of posts in this thread an indication that folks are not impressed with the direction of this season?

It's just an indication that it was a holiday weekend, and not everyone has had a chance to watch it on their DVR. :p

I liked it, honestly, but I really don't care for the witches and their leader. She's yet another evil beyotch that they will fight with for a season, and finally dispatch at the end (I hope). I wonder who they'll bring back to life from being a vampire. Will someone volunteer, so that they can be with their chosen human again? (Bill, Jessica, someone else?) I'm sure we will see Bill continue to pine for Sookie, and her want to be back with him, or maybe Alcide will be the one she pines for (though he hasn't shown up yet this season). I like Jessica's character and the direction they're heading with her. I hope she gets naughty. :p As for Eric, I have no idea what's going on there. He seems to have some sense of honor to him, and I like that. I hope that his character stays a main part of everything this year.

So far, I'm enjoying the new season. :)

kickerb
07-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Great, thanks for the feedback. I am enjoying it too. How many have you read the books? I have some friends who have read the books and are kind of upset with the direction of the show. They claim a lot of the plot is different from the book, which makes them not enjoy the series.

Anyone else dislike Tara's character? I feel like it doesn't even fit, her being in New Orleans and all. Well I do understand she is back in episode 2, but I got the feeling she would be leaving very soon. Of course, I'm not going to object to more of those steamy sex scenes with her girlfriend :D

Also, I about fell out of my chair when that boy was licking Jason's head wound. Jason's reaction was perfect! hahaha

Brutus2600
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
I haven't read the books, but I'm glad they aren't following them exactly. Apparently in the books they killed off Lafayette in the first book, but in the TV series they kept him around because he was a popular character...which is great because I think his character is hilarious.

And yes, I've become more and more annoyed with Tara's character. I was kind of excited when they didn't even have her in town in the main storyline. I was sad when they brought her back :( rofl (although her gf is hot!)

HK3-
07-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Too many different things going on at once. Makes me feel like they are running out of ideas. Keep the tops coming off, that's what keeps me interested. :noon

kickerb
07-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I just watched the preview for episode 3. Looks like Tara is here to stay, and we even see Alcide again! :banger

Wanger
07-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Too many different things going on at once. Makes me feel like they are running out of ideas. Keep the tops coming off, that's what keeps me interested. :noon

I think Tara and Jessica need to join that parade. :D

HK3-
07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I think Tara and Jessica need to join that parade. :D

No doubt!

kickerb
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
blah, last episode was garbage, they are losing me with this season.

icehog3
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Not a fan of the whole Jason/Panther subplot, but find some of the other story lines pretty intriguing.

Wanger
07-14-2011, 06:59 AM
Wathed the last episode last night. I had to chuckle at the line waiting for Jason. Like he'd have enough juice to impregnate all of them. Not sure where that storyline is going, whether he will actually turn or not. I'm sure that we'll find out he's something else, and can't be turned into a panther.

I laughed plenty at the "new" Eric. The fact that he was so apologetic...LOL The line of the episode: "You killed my fairy godmother!" :r:r And my wife thinks he's "pretty".

Can't stand the head witch. Looking forward to seeing her get killed off, hopefully by Eric. http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/Amorous_Dreamer/Emoticons/vampire-smiley-19.gif

How about the lawyer chick with Bill? Glad she's joined the party (unlike Jessica and Tara). :p

Good to see Alcide return. I like his character, but not too keen on Debbie being back, though she does look nice all cleaned up.

I thought this episode was just OK. Nothing real standout in it, IMO. Seemed more like a bridge/waste of an episode to get to something more in the future. Oh well...it's not like I'm NOT going to watch the show. LOL

kickerb
07-19-2011, 09:17 AM
For me, episode 4 was a great improvement to the season. I really cannot wait to see what happens to Jason with both panther and vamp in him. Well, I say that, but I could also see where that wouldn't matter. Jason has drank `V` before, so it could prove that this was just showing how his life was saved. All you book readers, try not to spoil this :)

kickerb
07-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Damn! We came so close to seeing Jessica naked. What a freaking tease! :D

jsnake
07-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Last nights episode got things back on track for me. I thought the last few episodes were lacking........ IDK something.

Wanger
07-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Damn! We came so close to seeing Jessica naked. What a freaking tease! :D

No $#it!!! Is it bad that I'm really hoping she goes for it at some point? :D

I liked the episode, and the "new" Eric has me laughing all the time! I like what they've done with his character. My wife loves the fact that he walks around with his shirt off all the time. LOL I also laughed at the reaction that the lawyer had to Bill after he glamoured her. Now to the things that will evolve in the next few episodes. Jesus and Lafayette down in Mexico with Jesus' grandfather...that may provide something big, it seems. Lafayette may be more powerful that he or anyone else realizes. They seemed to hint at that when he joined the circle at the group. I really really hate Marnie. Can't wait for them to kill her off. But with the info that they provided about the witch who burned at the stake necromancing the vamps to their deaths at that time, I wonder if/who will fall under that spell? And the Hoyt/Jessica saga...will he ever decide to be changed? In order for that to work out, I think he will eventually have to give in and allow her to change him. Jason...will he turn into a panther or not? Next week will be a full moon, so we shall see. Alcide and the local pack...will Debbie be pulled back into being a V addict? It seems it might happen. How much more of Pam's face will fall off? How far into the V spiral will Andy fall? And what about Terry and Arlene and the baby...that should be a good one. And then the big question...what will happen with the Bill/Sookie/Eric triangle now? Only time will tell for all of these.

Sawyer
07-26-2011, 07:33 AM
No $#it!!! Is it bad that I'm really hoping she goes for it at some point? :D

I liked the episode, and the "new" Eric has me laughing all the time! I like what they've done with his character. My wife loves the fact that he walks around with his shirt off all the time. LOL I also laughed at the reaction that the lawyer had to Bill after he glamoured her. Now to the things that will evolve in the next few episodes. Jesus and Lafayette down in Mexico with Jesus' grandfather...that may provide something big, it seems. Lafayette may be more powerful that he or anyone else realizes. They seemed to hint at that when he joined the circle at the group. I really really hate Marnie. Can't wait for them to kill her off. But with the info that they provided about the witch who burned at the stake necromancing the vamps to their deaths at that time, I wonder if/who will fall under that spell? And the Hoyt/Jessica saga...will he ever decide to be changed? In order for that to work out, I think he will eventually have to give in and allow her to change him. Jason...will he turn into a panther or not? Next week will be a full moon, so we shall see. Alcide and the local pack...will Debbie be pulled back into being a V addict? It seems it might happen. How much more of Pam's face will fall off? How far into the V spiral will Andy fall? And what about Terry and Arlene and the baby...that should be a good one. And then the big question...what will happen with the Bill/Sookie/Eric triangle now? Only time will tell for all of these.

You forgot "How much more incest will there be?".

kickerb
07-26-2011, 08:20 AM
And the Hoyt/Jessica saga...will he ever decide to be changed? In order for that to work out, I think he will eventually have to give in and allow her to change him.Damn, I never thought about it like that. I just assumed that it would never be brought up. But, you may be be right Sir. :banger

Sam and his brother, that is an odd one. I foresee Tommy joining Sam's new circle of friends.

Wanger
07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Damn, I never thought about it like that. I just assumed that it would never be brought up. But, you may be be right Sir. :banger

Sam and his brother, that is an odd one. I foresee Tommy joining Sam's new circle of friends.

It's something that keeps coming up to me, because of the fact that she won't age, and he will, and the issues that seem to be cropping up now, with her being vampire and he being human. Keeps me guessing, though.

Forgot about the new Tommy/Sam drama. Not sure how that will work out. It will be very interesting, though. I don't know if he could be sophisticated enough to join that group, though.

kickerb
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
After watching the preview for next week, I would agree that Debbie goes back to her old ways.

kickerb
08-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Damn, poor Jason! Jessica is all about him right now.

I really wish Bill would have staked Eric, I'm sick of his character. This whole `good guy` Eric, is pathetic.

It would seem that Tara is only shown this season for the sex quota. Other than that her story line is pointless.

Its pretty damn funny that Sam (or Tommy technically) hooked up with the real Sam's girl and then kicked her to curb that way. Sam is going to be PISSED!!!!

And Sook, well, she needs to get her head on straight and finally get with Alcide.

Pretty decent episode, but nothing over the top.

icehog3
08-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I wish I was a Werepanther......

kickerb
08-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Hell, i'd like any of those supernatural powers!

kickerb
08-02-2011, 12:00 PM
cept maybe being a Fay, Sookie said it best, "how fuuking lame"!